Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

More words in this post than in Dredd.....:monkey4

icon13.gif

More words in THIS post than in Dredd.....:monkey4

icon13.gif

Oh and then there's:

4. CG blood splatter. Really made it hard to be immersed with the fake cartoon blood throughout.

really? that is borderline trying hard. that's like complaining about bruce wayne's fake beard.

Expendables did that too? What is wrong with action directors today? :confused:

It depends.

Dredd used it well enough. It didn't bother me because they mixed up practical and digital. And maybe outside of a possible one or two, they were all created.

Expendables ONLY used plug ins. Very specific plug ins. From Action Essentials.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VKPcJQgBb0[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOU7ARkc3e8[/ame]

I ended up trying to figure out which plug in was used during each bullet hit. It's really annoying, and lazy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNmtTC8PMFI[/ame]

Walking Dead uses them a lot too. But I forgive them because it is a TV show, and they DO use some really great practical effects.

Cliff Notes: Dredd was disappointing. The end.

really? that is borderline trying hard. that's like complaining about bruce wayne's fake beard.

Christian Bale and Ethan Hawke always have the weakest looking facial hair in movies.

I thought Olivia Thirlby was great too.

And Lena Headey.

And the homeless bum that gets crushed when the blast door smashes him.

The homeless guy deserves an Oscar nomination to say the least.:lecture

The corrupt Judges were great too.

I like how the female Judge (don't know her name) is so sure that she'll be able to execute Anderson if she comes across her. Then in a later scene, she doesn't even lift her gun before Anderson blows her away due to her psychic ability.

The corrupt Judges were great too.

I like how the female Judge (don't know her name) is so sure that she'll be able to execute Anderson if she comes across her. Then in a later scene, she doesn't even lift her gun before Anderson blows her away due to her psychic ability.

Well you're definitely making mention of my favorite scenes in the movie. I also loved Dredd emerging from the smoke to throw Mama's right hand man over the side right in front of her after she slaughtered an entire level to try and stop him.

^ I wouldn't rag on him for that. Digital plug in blood sucks ***. And takes me out of the movie every time.

I actually went through some of the movie frame by frame, and only caught maybe one, or two plug ins.

Not like The Expendables.

Finally got round to watching this on blu the other night. Holy **** what a movie! I actually love that it doesn't piss about trying to weave some elaborate backstory filler, just refreshing to see when all we get now in flicks is every detail dumbed down and fed to the lazy masses.

Kinda bummed I missed it in the cinema now the slomo stuff in 3D must have been a trip.

I loved this movie.......thought the blonde hair dude that was the software guy/momma victim #34728 did a great job of conveying the pain and anguish of this whole life....

Good movie. But due to its poor box office, I doubt we'll see the trilogy made now. :(

Back