Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

I thought this was pretty cool. Dredd with puppets.

[ame]https://youtu.be/kQmnm9V547g[/ame]

Damnit I thought it was sequel news myself. One day

Lame. Seeing him weekly on Almost Human just turns the knife. Whoever made the decision to stick to a mostly exclusive 3D release should've been shot. :(

Forgot about the comic. Did anyone here pick it up? How is it?

I picked it up. It's a good read. Don't go in expecting anything really as it's a one shot comic. It does deal with the aftermath of Mama and delves a little deeper into Dredd lore with Mutants and the cursed earth.

I'm really hoping with the fact that the video sales for Dredd are so good, its pretty much universally loved, and the comic sold out before it even came out, that the studios will take another look at doing a sequel. Also can't forget the fact that Urbans new show Almost Human has been getting fantastic reviews and people are actually excited for it. I mean if riddick can get a sequel due to blu ray sales, why can't Dredd.

I picked it up. It's a good read. Don't go in expecting anything really as it's a one shot comic. It does deal with the aftermath of Mama and delves a little deeper into Dredd lore with Mutants and the cursed earth.

I'm really hoping with the fact that the video sales for Dredd are so good, its pretty much universally loved, and the comic sold out before it even came out, that the studios will take another look at doing a sequel. Also can't forget the fact that Urbans new show Almost Human has been getting fantastic reviews and people are actually excited for it. I mean if riddick can get a sequel due to blu ray sales, why can't Dredd.
Well said.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the comic - cheers for that little summary. :duff

https://whatculture.com/tv/destination-star-trek-frankfurt-press-conference-report-2.php

Karl Urban came on last and one of the first questions asked was if there is any chance of Dredd sequel. In what should be music to fans ears, he said ‘’conversations’’ are taking place between the studio, the director and writer Alex Garland. He commented that the cinema release of Dredd was badly handled but the film had found its audience on DVD and it has been noticed by the studio.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Let's hope....

Karl Urban came on last and one of the first questions asked was if there is any chance of Dredd sequel. In what should be music to fans ears, he said ‘’conversations’’ are taking place between the studio, the director and writer Alex Garland. He commented that the cinema release of Dredd was badly handled but the film had found its audience on DVD and it has been noticed by the studio.
Read more at https://whatculture.com/tv/destinat...s-conference-report-2.php#YYMoIgQb6rL2v2ag.99

...this means if they do a sequel, they'll push a full 2D release. Unfortunately, I'm worried that it might not get the budget needed to do Mega City-One any justice. :(

Please, pleeeaaase, pleaaaaaase!

bugs-begging-o.gif

Not necessarely.
The way the universe is set they could shoot the whole movie on location, then tweak it a bit, add futuristic building in the background in some shots.
Go practical with the dark judges, amp them with some cgi.
Go District 9 on it.
Need to be the right script.

Back