[Kato's Work]1/6- American Apparel Baby Thermal Henley + cargo pants

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Kato's Work] Dexter's Clothing Preorder

Marf or Dark Passenger:

How the hell did you manage to secure the watch? I'm having the damndest time trying to get it in, and am worried about the hole tearing if I stretch too much.

Also, is inserting wrist pegs supposed to be such a Herculean task? I can't get them to fit at all, and didn't know if the hair dryer method would work. (I don't have a hair dryer, so I want to find out before I bother borrowing one.)

I actually sanded down the pegs so they're a tiny bit smaller in diameter and are easier to insert and remove. As for the watch, I'm not sure which one you're using, but I removed the hand, got the watch to where I wanted it, put a dab of superglue to secure the band and keep it from coming undone, then popped the hand back on.

I got the watch secured (enough)... did a little stretching with a paper clip, then put the strap through the wrong way to make sure it'd fit out the back, then got it working eventually.

I'm still working on the wrist pegs. Are they all the same size / are all wrist holes the same size? I've never had this much difficulty.

But the clothes themselves look fantastic. I left my boots at work, so tomorrow if I get the wrist pegs going I should have my headless Dexter ready to go.

Just saw this, amazing job Kato! All you need is a better body. The hot toys TTA body has really bad looking shoulders.

Yeah I think the bodies are a major limitation on what can be achieved in 1/6 accuracy.

The clothing (with talent like Kato's) and sculpts (with people like you and many other superbly talented individuals) are taking on an unprecedented level.

Can someone link me to where i can use my tracking number?

You're supposed to be able to track it here, but it hasn't worked for me with either of the heads Jack has sent recently.

Ouch 200 bucks for a shirt and pants.you people are nuts.
Dexters cool bit not that cool

One other issue I'm having is that the Royce body's legs look disproportionate to the torso. From the navel to the bottom of the neck is 3", but from the navel to the floor is 7.5".

I'm holding off on pics if and whenever I can get the wrist peg situation dealt with, but it does look a bit odd. I don't know if its due to using "real" shoes vs. peg shoes.

It is somewhat visible in this picture, but it looks weirder in person.

Last edited:

:slap

lol, I dunno about that one. Is it a lot of money? Yeah. Is it out of my price range personally? Yeah. Do I look down on others because they can afford it? Hell no. I watch in envy... To each their own.

:slap

lol, I dunno about that one. Is it a lot of money? Yeah. Is it out of my price range personally? Yeah. Do I look down on others because they can afford it? Hell no. I watch in envy... To each their own.

I'm not looking down on others.I just find it baffling why someone would pay that much.I'm not saying people should not pay that much that's up to the individual.I personally think it's no way worth it.

1. Money is all relative. No need to judge someone because they think something is worth more or less than you.
2. Dexter may be cooler to other people than you.

I don't regret buying the clothes at all. Kato did an amazing job on them and my figure looks great.
df4be8da.jpg

One other issue I'm having is that the Royce body's legs look disproportionate to the torso. From the navel to the bottom of the neck is 3", but from the navel to the floor is 7.5".

I'm holding off on pics if and whenever I can get the wrist peg situation dealt with, but it does look a bit odd. I don't know if its due to using "real" shoes vs. peg shoes.

It is somewhat visible in this picture, but it looks weirder in person.

I think you need to fix the shirt. Pull the seam in the shoulders more toward to front (like towards his upper chest). His shirt need to be pulled down tighter too I think. Look at my pic above, I don't think the body looks disproportionate, I think it's just how your shirt is sitting on the body.

I'm not looking down on others.I just find it baffling why someone would pay that much.I'm not saying people should not pay that much that's up to the individual.I personally think it's no way worth it.

Even though I personally think Prada, Gucci, LV are no way worht it, I won't speak out in their shop because I know the answer is so simple :

Demand and Supply:lecture

Last edited:

I think you need to fix the shirt. Pull the seam in the shoulders more toward to front (like towards his upper chest). His shirt need to be pulled down tighter too I think. Look at my pic above, I don't think the body looks disproportionate, I think it's just how your shirt is sitting on the body.

Thanks to yr advice... ( I just want to say the same as you...:lol)

Even though I personally think Prada, Gucci, LV are no way worht it, I won't speak out in their shop because I know the answer is so simple :

Demand and Supply:lecture

No offense intended.

Back