King Hulk Premium format figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that there are other differences that Igo pointed out on the other forum. This is just me wishing they added the head, upper arm shield, and hand as an EX. :) :)

They would make less money if they did that. It's really that simple. Differences in the base and some of the leather strappings in the outfit are negligible.

There is also the fact Sideshow tries to stay away from worthwhile "must-have" exclusives for statues that may be big sellers.

Last edited:
They would make less money if they did that. It's really that simple. Differences in the base and some of the leather strappings in the outfit are negligible.

Right? Haha

Sideshow is first and foremost a business. And if a business tells you they are here to satisfy your wants before their own... They are lying to your face.

The Planet Hulk should have had a mace instead of a sword.

True.... But I am glad they went with the sword and not the mace... Never like that design.

But my point was that igo said in order to be acurate they needed to make more then just a couple of switchout parts.
My point was that it's still inacurate so they should have just made switch out parts.

That is jus me wishing for something. I am not angry that they didnt. I like GH better anyways. If I loved KH I would just go ahead and get it. But it would have been nice to have some switch out parts.
I agree that they should have had a change out right hand, loin cloth, head and left arm with the axe for the GHulk to make King Hulk the Ex. I think it would have cost $200 more but that many people would have rather paid that than pay $600 for a whole new statue. The only thing I wondering is if the right arm and shield will be permanently attached given the excessive weight of the shield. If they aren't then there is no excuse for not making WWH the Ex other than wanting to double dip on the same basic sculpt, which is of course their right as a business trying to make money, but still...:dunno

There is also the fact Sideshow tries to stay away from worthwhile "must-have" exclusives for statues that may be big sellers.

I don't know if this one will be a big seller.... Not seeing a lot of PO replies here. Granted we are a small part of the collecting world but the "Ex Ordered" posts are not very strong in this thread.... I think price + too similar to GH + Comic Con 2014 around the corner = less POs right now.

Perhaps SS would have had better luck using spidey's theory and up the price on GH and give it switch out parts.

But who knows??? I sure don't :)

True.... But I am glad they went with the sword and not the mace... Never like that design.

But my point was that igo said in order to be acurate they needed to make more then just a couple of switchout parts.
My point was that it's still inacurate so they should have just made switch out parts.

That is jus me wishing for something. I am not angry that they didnt. I like GH better anyways. If I loved KH I would just go ahead and get it. But it would have been nice to have some switch out parts.

I don't know if this one will be a big seller.... Not seeing a lot of PO replies here. Granted we are a small part of the collecting world but the "Ex Ordered" posts are not very strong in this thread.... I think price + too similar to GH + Comic Con 2014 around the corner = less POs right now.

Perhaps SS would have had better luck using spidey's theory and up the price on GH and give it switch out parts.

But who knows??? I sure don't :)

Well this isn't going to fly off the shelf right now for all the reasons you stated above and the fact that this is TBD. If tomorrow an ES of 500-1000 went up on the site you would hear a different tune. This is the Ex of the two sculpts so it will probably have a significantly lower ES than GHulk

Think there will be a 3rd statue - WW Hulk from this mold in the future works? Seem's like when SSC does statue revamps there always in 3s. e.g. Hulk comiquettes (green, red, grey), Hulk PF's, etc.

Think there will be a 3rd statue - WW Hulk from this mold in the future works? Seem's like when SSC does statue revamps there always in 3s. e.g. Hulk comiquettes (green, red, grey), Hulk PF's, etc.

Someone brought up Maestro, and it tweaked my interest. I also thought that it might be possible to do just a good old fashioned Purple Pant Hulk with this sculpt and just give him a tree or and iron girder in his hands. It would look fantastic.

2012 - Hulk Maquette
2013 - Gladiator Hulk
2014 - King Hulk
2015 - Old Fart Hulk (Maestro)

You saw it here first.

EX Ordered! I wish it was a different pose....but It looks so good! I can't wait for Planet HULK pf...most anticipated piece for me. :D

A Maestro would be interesting at 1/4 Scale

Bowen already did one at 1/6 scale..unfortunately I don't collect 1/6 scale pieces.

Maestro.jpg

Bowen Maestro

Back