LEON THE PROFESSIONAL - Enterbay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I always enjoy seeing OMG's pictures. Some of them customs are real nice, would love to see them in hand, still really looking forward to my EB one though. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to own this.

:goodpost:

You have made two really great and informative postings Uscmhicks !

Thank you !

:clap :clap :clap

I am eager to see the results if anyone would try to make a re-paint on the Enterbay head. But I personally do not think fixing the "lazy eye" effect that some have noted - or changing Leon looking to the side(with the head tilted down and eyes looking a little bit up) as it kind of a memorable trade mark of him. I might be wrong but I actually also think that Jean Reno does have a slight "lazy eye" in real life, and I this also fits the eccentric, nervous and lonely life of Leon character very much.

Jean_Reno_7.jpg

jean_reno_reference.jpg

Reno1.jpg

:goodpost:

You have made two really great and informative postings Uscmhicks !

Thank you !

:clap :clap :clap

No problem mate , glad you found them interesting. That's a whole lot of Leon nerdiness in that post. :lol

Regarding the lazy eye , it's funny you should mention that he might have one since I thought that myself when I originally saw it on the figure although looking at videos he doesn't seem to have one. :dunno
Maybe he just has a lazy eye now and then. :lol

I love reading nerdiness postings - so do not worry mate
smiley.gif

But you do see a lazy eye in those pictures ? I seem to remember - from memory (and that should not be trusted... hehe... So please correct me) - that he had some lazy eyed moments in scenes in Leon ? I am thinking first of the scene where Matilda discovers the content of his carrying case is full of the guns, and she asks if he is a hit man and he says yes looking down, and she says "cool...." and he raises his head with a somewhat disbelief look at her. I love that scene - it's a classic ! One of my favourite moments in movies actually.

Great looking figure, but I am disappointed we didn't get the piggy oven mitt. He just doesn't look that tough to me without it...

You're telling me with the talented people on this board...
:::Gary Oldman voice::::
No one can make a 1/6 scale piggy oven mitt?

Come on!
People can make a cape for the Dark Lord of the Sith, an oven mitt can't be too hard!
:lol

just got the Enterbay Leon today and believe it or not PICS. don't do the head sculpt justice.Granted the head needs a little more detail but that's a paint issue.This is my first Enterbay piece so i was very leary about getting this especially with Enterbays record but this figure is AWESOME!Leon stands proudly amongst all the bad boys from Hot Toys!:yess:I'll try to post some PICS. of him later on.Oh,by the way,your figure looks GREAT and if your happy with the end result well thats all that matters!:wink1:

COngrats CeeemOr! :hi5: Glad you like this one. Now I'm positive this figure will be a great one.:yess:

Just got mine & what an awesome figure! Looks way better in person & the beanie & glasses don't look that bad IMO, especially the glasses. This is easily one of my top 5 figures. The only issue I had was the head sculpt fits very snug into the body so tilting head is out of the question & even twisting the head sideways is a problem as the head kept poppng off. To fix this I had to shave some of the plastic off the neck opening on body. Problem solved.

Is this how the custom head sculpt looks like without the sun glasses ?

$(KGrHqQOKjIE28TMlj)tBN5i!wMIhg~~_1.JPG

this is the same leon with glasses and without hat the harness and briefcase,ok I will buy the leon's head from Eb soon but I think for the rest is pretty good....
2relgmg.jpg

25t7tr6.jpg

bijjgw.jpg

2nqgnlu.jpg

Mindbook wins all for me. He has made some of the best 1/6 figures I have ever seen.

His Indys are nothing short of mindblowing.

This effort from EB seriously falls short for me.

Yeah, I'm sorry but none of those customs look like Reno imo...I don't understand the love over the Mindbook version.If they were mass produced they'd be scrutinised to death just like Enterbay's attempt (which, apart from some dodgy accessories, is amazing in terms of sculpt and paint)...

Yeah, I'm sorry but none of those customs look like Reno imo...I don't understand the love over the Mindbook version.If they were mass produced they'd be scrutinised to death just like Enterbay's attempt (which, apart from some dodgy accessories, is amazing in terms of sculpt and paint)...

Agreed, and the paint app isn't nearly as good as EB's.

Just got mine & what an awesome figure! Looks way better in person & the beanie & glasses don't look that bad IMO, especially the glasses. This is easily one of my top 5 figures. The only issue I had was the head sculpt fits very snug into the body so tilting head is out of the question & even twisting the head sideways is a problem as the head kept poppng off. To fix this I had to shave some of the plastic off the neck opening on body. Problem solved.

Congrats Evil Anton ! Very nice pictures indeed
smiley.gif

Waiting on mine still...
Ho hum..

And your right Gung, Reno does have a lazy eye.

Hey mate !

Long time no see... Good to see you are still around Rorywan.

I am looking forward to some pictures of yours when it arrives
smiley.gif

I have been seriously considering quitting this hobby all together. Times are tough for me and I can't justify the climbing prices of these toys anymore. However Leon is one of my favorite films of all time. More than that, I am deeply moved by the character. This is a figure I never thought would happen and always wished would. In fact, if this was released a year or so ago, I would already have him bought and paid for. Today I am just conflicted. I already plan to come out of toy retirement for the Hot Toys 89' Batman stuff next year. Plus I don't own anything from Enterbay, so I'm unsure of the in-hand quality. I don't want to hesitate too long and miss out, but at the same time I was just starting to feel free of this hobby. Given the information I've just provided, what would some of you suggest I do?

Back