Les Walker's HEATH LEDGER JOKER Tribute Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Les you got a 1/6th scale pencil yet? :D

They sell them over at battlegeartoys.com.

Thanks to you, I will now. They come in packs of 6 it says, so I'm sure I will have extras. Maybe I'll try to make a victim with one of them! :lol

I've thought about this one in my mind, and really, other than for a few images where you recreate the actual "trick", I just don't see wanting a pencil accessory for him, it might make you chuckle a little remembering, but I don't find any lure to having it for a figure, cheers to you guys dedicated to getting all you can out of 1/6 Ledger Jokers though, your committment is exhiliarating to watch.

I've thought about this one in my mind, and really, other than for a few images where you recreate the actual "trick", I just don't see wanting a pencil accessory for him, it might make you chuckle a little remembering, but I don't find any lure to having it for a figure, cheers to you guys dedicated to getting all you can out of 1/6 Ledger Jokers though, your committment is exhiliarating to watch.

If you don't have at least one pic of Les' Joker with a pencil, I'll be sorely disapointed. :lol

Yes the idea of the pencil is more for the chuckle and remembering the moment, but isn't that what all of these figures are about -remembering cinematic moments and characters we love?

How about this one?

DSC_0308.jpg

It's no FML or MaulFan shot but this is how my Joker is currently displayed

So what's up with the Maulfan pics? Where they be?

Sorry, it probably won't be for another couple days until I've shot them all and Les and I have had a chance to go through all of them to make selections. I just wanted to stir up some interest with the teaser to let folks know what's going on. Since Joker is in my posession for a short time, Les and I both want to make the most of that time photographically. What i might do over several months with my own figures, I'm trying to accomplish in a few days with these so they can get back to him. As soon as we're ready they'll be posted here ASAP.

Looking forward to seeing them Sean, I'm interested to see what Les has done with the hair, always thinking out of the box and improving upon perfection . Two great artists working together - doesn't get any better than that !

Looking forward to seeing them Sean, I'm interested to see what Les has done with the hair, always thinking out of the box and improving upon perfection . Two great artists working together - doesn't get any better than that !

I'll tell ya, I've talked with Les about my feelings on the addition of hair instead of sculpted as a practice in this hobby. Typically, the look of fake hair on a figure doesn't work because it doesn't hold the proper style or shape and 9/10 times the best route is sculpted because it leads to the best overall aesthetic.

What Les did is beatiful. You cannot tell where the sculpt ends and the real hair starts, it is blended beautifully and just adds to the overall. That said, I think those ordering his Joker head will be fine with the sculpted, the majority of the look comes from the sculpt, the real hairs just add a slight extra touch, but aren't necessary. It was definitely a ballsy move on his head, with no established technique for it and just trying an idea and it really paid off, but I can totally understand the difficulty in replicating the effect, I imagine much of it was just try this and that til you arrive at a final work and it happened to turn out well but you're so busy just executing you don't really come out with a cast in stone method for doing it again.

If I tell them I've got pictures coming and deliver in a few hours, they're fine with it because it's...all part of the plan...make 'em wait a few days and they all go mad....

0213.jpg

:horror :horror :horror :horror :horror

HOLY ASS-N-CRAPER :google

Looks like a film shot :drool

WOW!! You expect that sculpt to start talking! Amazing work both of you!!!

Yowzas! What's amazing though is that someone will look at this and still try and argue that the Hot Toys sculpt is better. I've said it from day one, you can't beat this sculpt, for what's on the market currently.

OK Sean. Give 'em #213! :rock

213! :google Does that mean Sean has taken at LEAST that amount! Holy Crap!

That's, in my opinion, one of my weakest images of him so far :)

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

:drool Weakest? I'll have to have 911 on speed dial when the "great" one are posted! :horror

And yeah, from that pic, I honestly can't tell where the real hair actually starts! That is very impressive I'd say!

213! :google Does that mean Sean has taken at LEAST that amount! Holy Crap!

No, not quite. I've been showing the images to Les with the camera file names and the one he was mentioning to me happens to be file number 0213, I have older stuff stored on the same memory card so in order, that image fell as the 213th on the camera card right now.

Back