Les Walker's HEATH LEDGER JOKER Tribute Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you already know what I want. :D

But I really don't see a big difference in the Pencil Trick and Nurse looks, so if you need a volunteer to show off the Nurse look, consider me volunteered.

This just looks phenomenal! After seeing the pics of Les' custom, it really seems like my Hot Toys Joker is incomplete. E-mail coming to you for details, Les!

Here's Les' Joker with the Hot Toys figure.

Joker_Comp_1.jpg

Joker_Comp_2.jpg

Joker_Comp_3.jpg

Les you really outdid yourself on that real hair! I'm speechless. In that teaser I thought the hair was too long, but I was wrong. It is PERFECT :rock

But looking at the pics, I think I would like mine looking more straight forward than up like yours. There is nothing wrong with that though! It is mindboggling!

:drool :drool :drool

I just about crapped my pants... WOW! MaulFan, terrific shots. And Les, you haven't failed to impress me, yet.

They do both look great. But Les, my friend, you have surpassed Hot Toys here... as you do most of the time.:D

The hair is great Les. It makes him look so much dirtier, and adds to the "sweaty" sculpted/painted hair.

Kicks-ass. Shows real amount of HT mistakes on that one.
Overall look is dead-on :rock
Clothes are Medicom, right?

No doubt who is the winner :)

Les, is it possible to have a HT neck adaptar already fitted so we only have to pop your head in without any problems (or risks for damaging it)?

Thanks guys!

No doubt who is the winner :)

Les, is it possible to have a HT neck adaptar already fitted so we only have to pop your head in without any problems (or risks for damaging it)?

Yes. However, I have no extra HT adaptors! Great question. I wish I had them but don't have any spares. If you (or anyone else getting one) have or has a spare on hand, or can send one, that will be added to the head for you if you wish for no extra charge and it will be ready for your Hot Toys body as an alternate head.
Otherwise, it is not hard to put a bit of superglue onto the adaptor and slide the head on and let it set. You most likley won't see any adaptors anyway due to the collar (So it doesn't need to be painted), so you can add that yourself if you don't want to go to the trouble of sending it. Your call. I will add it if you need and can send one though. Thanks.

Oh, and understand at this point, the added hair I did on mine (an experiment) is not a part of the deal on these heads. I have too little of the wavy olive green doll hair. I may add some to a VERY limited few heads, five or so, maybe less, as it is a LOT of extra scary work, as it has to be done after the paint job is done, and there would definately be an extra fee for my adding the hair. So, first few that want that done, need to email me for details and I will do that. But no more than those. Consider that an accidental ELITE FML edition.
Sorry, there is just too many heads to add that much hair to. It would add too much time to the whole load also. Plus, it's an unpredictable outcome, with no two looking the same.

I hope you can see that the base hair is sufficient though. I liked it. I only did that as an experiment on mine in case it messed up. Luckily it didn't.
I am glad many of you like it though. Thanks for the kind words.

I think Sean's upcoming photos will blow you all away regardless of my part in this. He did some PHENOMENAL photo work! I can't wait for you all to see the shots.

Until those show up, here again is the standard head as it will be:

MYJOKER029.jpg

Clothes are Medicom, right?

Actually, no. All clothes except for the tie, and shoes which are from the DC Direct figure, and the watch chain which I made, were hand made for this figure by BillyB, a member here. I think he did an OUTSTANDING job. Especially on that shirt. He went through hell to get that just right. I am so proud to own his work.
I did repaint some on the coat to get that weird fade in the edges and corners and I repainted the shoes to look like the tan/grey suede shoes he had. Gloves are standard Dragons repainted by me also.

Last edited:
Just want to chime in here on the head and hair issue. The fake hair added to Les' head aids in making the hair look messy on the figure and it's a nice touch, but the hair is really defined by the sculpt and paint. Anyone getting Les' head or is interested in but has concerns about getting it without the fake hair, trust me, it will not dissappoint. The quality of his paint apps on the face alone are so lifelike, when you see some of my images, it'll scare you how more real than real it looks in them, regardless of looking like Heath, it's just Les' paint comes through giving the sculpt life under any lighting, but really strong in certain images I got. Les' could have painted Obi-Wan Kenobi's head like the Joker and the effect of realism would be the same. I've said it before and I'll say it again, as it comes from the factory, the scan of Ledger's face doesn't help the DCD head much because the paint's juvenile. It is the quality with which Les paints the head that makes that 3D scan likeness work.

Those that have paid for one of these heads, you'll be very happy you did, and those that haven't, get moving don't miss one of the slots in that second run, the more images come out of these heads, especially down the road with it put onto Hot Toys figures, etc., the more you'll wish you'd gotten it.

Back