Les Walker's HEATH LEDGER JOKER Tribute Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yowzas! What's amazing though is that someone will look at this and still try and argue that the Hot Toys sculpt is better. I've said it from day one, you can't beat this sculpt, for what's on the market currently.

Thing is, it's Les' head that's the best not DCD. It is the best Ledger face on the market, as it ought to be with a 3D scan, but the factory paint and factory hair will always leave the DCD as the weakest overall head to me. Medicom and Hot Toys may not be dead on in paint or sculpt, but overall, they're the better from the factory pieces. The beauty is, there's like more than half a dozen Joker heads with all the customs and factory heads out there, so there's something for everyone.

No, not quite. I've been showing the images to Les with the camera file names and the one he was mentioning to me happens to be file number 0213, I have older stuff stored on the same memory card so in order, that image fell as the 213th on the camera card right now.

Oh, I'd almost feel bad if you had taken 213 shots of the Joker. You'd have had to taken like 10 of the sole of his feet and everywhere else to get that many! :lol

Thing is, it's Les' head that's the best not DCD. It is the best Ledger face on the market, as it ought to be with a 3D scan, but the factory paint and factory hair will always leave the DCD as the weakest overall head to me. Medicom and Hot Toys may not be dead on in paint or sculpt, but overall, they're the better from the factory pieces. The beauty is, there's like more than half a dozen Joker heads with all the customs and factory heads out there, so there's something for everyone.

Gotta agree with you there MaulFan! Les' head is indeed great and is probably my favorite as well. Though at first I wasn't that impressed with the HT sculpt, after I repainted it I can't keep my eyes off of him! Makes a great stand-in while I wait to receive my FML Joker head :rock

Gotta agree with you there MaulFan! Les' head is indeed great and is probably my favorite as well. Though at first I wasn't that impressed with the HT sculpt, after I repainted it I can't keep my eyes off of him! Makes a great stand-in while I wait to receive my FML Joker head :rock

I plan on having my Hot Toys figure with completely swapable heads. Both Les' and Joshs' (though painted by Les) are both getting Hot Toys necks attached them :rock Not to mention all of the other heads I happen to get :horror

Oh, I'd almost feel bad if you had taken 213 shots of the Joker. You'd have had to taken like 10 of the sole of his feet and everywhere else to get that many! :lol

Well thing is, I've probably taken somewhere around 200-300 shots of him. The catch is, I usually get 1 shot for every 3-4 I take that I'm happy with the composition and lighting and everything, takes a lot to get a little in photography. That's why the delay in getting these posted, putting a lot of shots into a few days with him. Once the dust settles you guys will reap the rewards.

No offense, but that makes zero sense. The only thing Les did was add hair and repaint. Even with just a Les repaint the sculpt is light years above Hot Toys effort. Hot Toys in no way shape or form has any resemblance to Ledgers Joker, and I'm sorry, but the arguement that Ledger can't be seen beneath the makeup is bogus by those that make it. He's easily seen. If you want the best availble sculpt to represent the Joker from the Dark Knight, it's the DCD head because it's the only one that resembles Ledger. Les' additions are just the icing on the cake. The Hot Toys sculpt is a very accomplished sculpt, it's just not Heath, and I'd even go so far as to say it's not even a good film representation of the character. For some reason adding facial texture equates to an amazing sculpt to most people when it comes to Hot Toys. I just don't get or see it. I agree though, there's plenty of options out there for everyone with different opinions.

Last edited:
0213.jpg

That's just CRAZY !!!!

Loving it, can't wait to see more of this Guy !

Thanks guys. Really owe Sean for is amazing photos. He sent me more last night and I almost fell out of my chair! I couldn't have made the figure he is currently photographing! He is cheating somehow, doing stuff I never thought of. You just wait! He did some poses and some compositions that made me laugh, and react and one that just stunned me. His use of light is unbelievable. He can make a silk purse from a sow's ear! Man can shoot photos!
Anyway, thanks about my meager part. I feel like a two-bit actor shot by a Speilberg here.

To Spawnfan, I am still taking requests for the second set of heads. The first run is way full now. There will be two runs, one starting, not finishing by any means, but starting at month's end, around the 30th or so. Then a second run after those get done, and a small break, maybe starting in mid October or so.
No one has paid towards reserving any of those second set ones however, so that set remains open to first come (paid) first serve. Open for that anytime. Email me at [email protected] if you wish to secure a head for that second run. That will be the last run I plan to do of these heads. I'll post another thread in the commerce section to explain this further. Thanks for asking.

Anyway, I am very excited about Sean's work. You guys will so enjoy what he's done.
Wait won't be too long now.
Thanks again guys.

I know I'm a new guy here, but I hope it's possible I could secure one of these custom heads!! Amazing work!

hey les how much for a head?... I think i might just get one for the 2nd run. i live in markham ontario

You would be absolutely nuts not to desire one of these heads. I show pics of the Medi, DCD, HT and Les' to my best friend a Non Collector and said Les' is the only one I should own.

Wow Mike. How does one follow that?
I can't artistically claim all the headsculpt of course. Wish I could. But I am glad my addons make it work for you and others.
Anyway, receiving emails from you that want one for round two. That will be a VERY LIMITED ROUND! First run is already over 30.
Second will be much less. Got to close it at a lower number or I won't be able to do other work in October.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT as I haven't mentioned this before for either set's orders....
I am planning on offering three choices for the paint scheme. Three primary variants only so I don't go mad.

I see the gangster board room look as very distinctive, so I will call it A-Pencil Trick
The second look B Street Standoff where's it's a bit smeared but similar to a lot of other parts of the movie, even kinda like the party crash, but a bit more like my own currently painted Joker's head.
The third look is of course, C The Interrogation. All smeared to hell.

I may consider also doing a softer D Nurse Joker if there is enough requests for it. That one uses less red of course, as most all you already know all these. Preaching to the choir here. :lol

Anyway, those are the paint variants. I will be painting the variants with the very first three or four heads I paint, so you can all actually see them done, if you wish to wait and let me know after. That will be first week of September most likely. Early on so you can decide, unless you already know what look you want of course, in that case, email me and let me know asap. But you will get a look before I start on all of them.

I will repeat this info as needed. Let me know in emails what you prefer, and I will post it in my customer work lists with your order, so I have it down pat. Thanks and hope this helps you all out.

Back