Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work with that colouring of the shirt Pro Design.

thanks! so easy to do and totally worth it!

Loving that weathering on the white shirt Pro Design. I really need to get mine done. Just don't want to fudge it up.

honestly there is nothing to it and it's necessary as the white doesn't look nearly as good as some weathered look.

like i mentioned, it's a teaspoon of instant coffee in full mug of hot water... then soak the shirt for 5-10 seconds... rinse it out and toss in the dryer for 5 min. if you are worried about doing it, it's super easy to test on a junk t-shirt. just cut a big square off and follow the above. it'll give you a good indication of the shirt color when it's completed. this way you can dial in your coffee to water ratio... too light, too dark, or just what you are looking for. that's what i did to get what i wanted... and 1 teaspoon in a full cup was what worked for me.

The blue MC shirt only has one breast pocket and its not flapped; the shirt is supposed to have to flapped breast pockets. The one shown by Burning Soul in their next (and first) full figure release in conjunction with MC Toys appears to have the accurate pockets. However, the color is wrong. The shirt is more a chambray blue than the light blue closer to a dress shirt hue.

I found a couple loose German-style WWII officer shirts with the right kind of pockets, did a few mods here and there as well as dyeing and aging the fabric itself. It all really comes down to personal preference in regards to how accurate you want to be. Personally, I try to get them as close as screen-accurate as possible, but that's just me.

ALSO, I received the Ganghood suit set the other day. Its a decent set in-hand. As per usual, bad futzing and lackluster photography made this set look rather unimpressive. The suit jacket fits TTM19-style bodies, which is a much better body for Logan. The pants are wrong, but if you're not a stickler for details this won't bother you. The boots are great and I wish these were made available on their own. I would definitely pick up a few pairs. Overall, the set could use some TLC and some relatively easy mods and it would really shine. Like I said before, this isn't a bad set for "one-stop shoppers" who don't feel like hunting down parts (that's half the fun).

I just can't get on board with the ganghood body being the perfect body for Logan. It isn't. The build is wrong for him and works better for bulkier characters (Like Arnie).

ALSO in regards to some members not feeling "welcomed" or encountering perceived hostility, here's my take on it. Many if not all of the questions new members are asking have been answered before. The information is all there for the taking. Go through the thread. Don't be lazy. Read. If you want something, go get it. Don't expect every piece of of information or resource to be delivered to you on a silver platter. It gets old. Although I must sound like a dinosaur or a cynical grouch in this on-demand, instant gratification world we're currently "living" in, I don't particularly care. Cheers.

Oh, and one more thing: Learn to write complete sentences that actually make sense.

:goodpost: I agree.

I've noticed the WWII German shirts as well, seem to be a good source. I agree on the Ganghood as well, far to big.

Anyway here is my take. Crappy photos as per my photography skills. Apologies for the glare, the skintone looks odd in these photos!

Repainted BS head as I wasnt a fan of the Eleven, TTM19 modified with slimmer arms for suited version as fabric thickness doesn't always translate well for 1/6 figures. Still need to swap the jeans out for a black pair.

:duff

(edit: Sorry, can't seem to rotate the photo)

IMG_1096.jpg

Eleven are killing it at the moment with these Logan/Wolverine sculpts. I hope they give us one based on his X-men (1) movie appearance.

thanks! so easy to do and totally worth it!

honestly there is nothing to it and it's necessary as the white doesn't look nearly as good as some weathered look.

like i mentioned, it's a teaspoon of instant coffee in full mug of hot water... then soak the shirt for 5-10 seconds... rinse it out and toss in the dryer for 5 min. if you are worried about doing it, it's super easy to test on a junk t-shirt. just cut a big square off and follow the above. it'll give you a good indication of the shirt color when it's completed. this way you can dial in your coffee to water ratio... too light, too dark, or just what you are looking for. that's what i did to get what i wanted... and 1 teaspoon in a full cup was what worked for me.

Thanks again for tips bro. I'm gonna try this once I get moved.

Got my Ganghood body, SuperMC clothing set, and claws so I'm all set for the Eleven head coming Saturday. The claws are the $25 ones from the seller Bubbly Bubble and they're actually pretty nice. I don't know which movie the blades are accurate to, but the hands themselves look great and are actually painted well too.
86875662f449a27a9d52584e2a2e5616.jpg

01b57365b442f1508c3cf38601ca3665.jpg

0d8e59e725fc5ab0e6e68a7aa7a86ce8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Ganghood body, SuperMC clothing set, and claws so I'm all set for the Eleven head coming Saturday. The claws are the $25 ones from the seller Bubbly Bubble and they're actually pretty nice. I don't know which movie the blades are accurate to, but the hands themselves look great and are actually painted well too.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good enough. No one is going to be coming by and ask which claws the movies are from. People see claws, people think Wolverine. Simple.

Just got my gang hood black suit set from kit. Some quick thoughts...

As far as accuracy, the coat is spot on and looks great on the TTM19. The ganghood body is definitely not the right fit in my opinion. The pants are indeed slacks which is not accurate to the film. My recommendation would be the Redman Grimes black jeans.

Also as Mr.E Pointed out, it does take a little bit of futzing. I'm sure it was just my set, but I personally had to add a little bit of cotton in the right shoulder pad area in order to fill it out more so that it sat evenly on my TTM19.

Like some of the other members here, I was previously using the black suit from the MMS220 The Wolverine as a temporary bash. But the problem with that suit is that the jacket was made to have the black trench coat fit on top of it. And thus without the trench coat, it makes Logan look way too skinny. Like a bobblehead as TheBatman pointed out earlier.

In the end, I'm totally happy with the set. It's by far the most accurate so far. The only gripe I have is that it hinders the leg movement on my TTM19 for the more extreme battling poses. I might even skip the soosootoys Logan entirely depending on how it turns out.

How do you put on the tank top, that came with the Gang Hood suit, on the Gang Hood body? I tried, and it feels like it's going to tear soon. The tank top is not that flexible. Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

Back