Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the Laura set today, and everything looks like good quality. The head is even a nice, well painted sculpt, and no as odd as it's appeared in many of the photos.

The body looked strange at first with the over-sized hands and feet, and my first impression was: it's a Hobbit! But the Laura set cures all that. It's really sturdy and well balanced.

The trousers are a bit long, but can be futzed so the wrinkles take up the extra material in natural looking manner.

Getting the shirt and hoody on was easy, except that the shirt sleeves wanted to bunch up, so I wrapped rubber bands around the wrists to keep them in place until the hoody was on.

She's tinier than I anticipated, especially compared to CGL's Carl Grimes and John Connor, though looks to be fairly correct.

This has been my go to image for height, even though Logan is leaning a little forward:

laura-1024x682.jpg

I always use stands no matter how stable a figure is. She's too short for a crotch grabbing stand, so the waist grabber is necessary - though I dislike them because they pull the clothing in.

However, there's a neat solution with this one. The grabber fits around her backpack instead, so the arms are also hidden.

Oh, nice :clap

Watching for mine, hopefully today.

I think you're going to like her.

It was a shot in the dark when ordering, since Asmus has a reputation for being be a bit variable in quality. Though I was really pleased with The Mask 2.0, Ipkiss, The Hangman and Major Warren.

And it paid off. Really glad I got her.

The hair can be tucked back, but I might give it a bit of water treatment to keep it closer to her head.

Yeah, def needs to be thinner. Hope someone does the outfit in your reference pic.

Yes, that would be good.

The hair is flatter to her head than it was in the promo photos. So I kept it that way, pulled it back and tucked some of it under the backpack. All she would need now is water to just give it a finishing touch. Though even that doesn't look essential to me.

Hey does anyone know where I might be able to get a metal LOGAN name plate made to customize and HT base, like the one below?

4443861-dsc00656.jpg

Got Laura today. Sooooo happy! Actually, i like her more than my Wonder Woman i got last week lol

Love the body, clothes are simple but effective, just need to cut the hair a bit eventually.

LoLau1.jpg
LoLau2.jpg

Arrived yesterday, about to do some work on the HS [emoji4] Pretty good figure. Solid "B" grade. As said, the non-claw hands are too big. And the hair is WAY too thick. Solid effort otherwise.

cd18e4af0a47e0accc6f2039476d2552.jpg

That definitely looks better, Craig.

Was your technique to pull the hair back as in the 'Bride' photo, and cut it straight off in that position to reduce the length?

Thanks all. Working on the face touch ups next (tomorrow).

Was your technique to pull the hair back as in the 'Bride' photo, and cut it straight off in that position to reduce the length?

No, that was just me goofing around. :)

Have you ever watched a hair dresser? I used my Chewbacca comb (small comb) to pick small section of the hair up, and nip very small sections at a time. Like 4-5 hairs, right next to scalp. You want to make sure the hair you lifted will cover the part you are thinning. That make sense?

Takes quite a while, be patient. Clip, lift, clip lift......brush out loose stuff and look at it. Always make sure outer hair covers where you are thinning. Otherwise you get the ratty "Barbie's been left out in the yard a year" look :lol

I can take pix/video if my instructions aren't clear.

Thanks all. Working on the face touch ups next (tomorrow).

No, that was just me goofing around. :)

Have you ever watched a hair dresser? I used my Chewbacca comb (small comb) to pick small section of the hair up, and nip very small sections at a time. Like 4-5 hairs, right next to scalp. You want to make sure the hair you lifted will cover the part you are thinning. That make sense?

Takes quite a while, be patient. Clip, lift, clip lift......brush out loose stuff and look at it. Always make sure outer hair covers where you are thinning. Otherwise you get the ratty "Barbie's been left out in the yard a year" look :lol

I can take pix/video if my instructions aren't clear.

I had a go after seeing the results you achieved.

I was using this image to work by:

24143228668_a9ed808c03_o.jpg

I didn't so much thin, but cut out the thick curls, shortening the length all round so that the hair's able to fall more naturally onto her back and shoulders. Then I soaked the hair to straighten it, and used a hairdryer to try and set it.

My crappy camera battery is dead again, so apologies for the fuzzy iPod photo:

37285440864_b2317ae0d0_o.jpg

I've never cut doll hair before so it was a little daunting taking the scissors to her. But I'm happy with the initial results.

I need to comb more of Asmus' gunk out of it, which clumps the hair together, then repeat the water/hairdryer treatment. Especially on the right side of her head.

Back