1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A joke I doubt. Will it be better than SSC and medicoms luke? Hell yeah. If it is better than them and on par with dx07 bespin Luke I will be very happy.

The complexity with Sideshow is that they produce far more different products than anyone else. Figures, premium format statues with clothes like figures, straight-up regular statues with paint, half size stuff, full size stuff, dinosaurs, etc. Just a wide array of stuff which would make it nearly impossible to manufacture under one roof. Most of these other guys have the benefit of specializing in one specific kind of product.

This is true but anyway you slice it, something's going wrong. They clearly have a talented group of artists creating there, but for a company of this magnitude, things go south way too often in production. I only collect 1/6 but I appreciate PF, statues, etc. at local shops. Some pieces are mind blowing but some look like they were finished by a grade schooler in art class. I just saw the Iron Patriot Maquette and if that paint job showed up at my house for $400, I'd be fuming.

Lots of loose ends that need to get tightened up in that camp

This figure will end up being a joke. AND it won't even coming out looking anything like the proto down to the tailoring.
Doubt that. Hoth Luke is pretty close to the proto in terms of tailoring (badge aside) and the head sculpts are pretty good in hand.

[...]But Luke... well for me that Luke is X-Wing Luke. Nothing says.. I'm off to fight the empire than the boy in the orange flightsuit ready to join the rogue squadron and fly off to his destiny. Farm boy luke was whiny, kind of a noob. But X-Wing Luke... well that was the beginning of the making of a hero.[...]

:goodpost:

I'm inclined to agree. I really like the HT ANH Luke, in spite of any shortcomings...but there are many reasons I prefer the pilot gear...the one you cited amongst them.

Seems like HT and SS are splitting the figures between them. Would have been nice if HT made this one though

I doubt they are splitting anything. SS has been at this a lot longer. Everything HT have released/teased (minus the Spacetrooper), has already done by SS. Now, with HT doing the FA figures soon, SS can still plug away at anything they want, OT or PT, and still be the only game in town for "new" representations of characters. Once HT gets back to OT, it will still be making SS redos (Jedi Luke, Yoda, Boba, Emperor etc). I'm sure SS is more than happy not to be doing FA, they would likely lose head to head for identical figures. But in the meantime, they can still be pounding out Bounty Hunters, Cantina Aliens etc...with no competition.

I doubt many old timers will invest in the new Trilogy. I may like it, I may love it, but I know I'm not buying 1 figure (or any collectibles for that matter) from it. I think SS is in a pretty good position for the next couple years.

I'm pretty confident Sideshow will be producing TFA figures. Just not the same figures being produced by HT.

I thought I read on here somewhere they didn't have the license. But I've also been told not everything on the internet is true, so....

The information on the internet compared to the information not on the internet is like a teardrop compared to an ocean. ;)

:goodpost:

I'm inclined to agree. I really like the HT ANH Luke, in spite of any shortcomings...but there are many reasons I prefer the pilot gear...the one you cited amongst them.

:hi5:

Happy to hear someone agrees!

I hate to be wishful in my thinking, but to have biggs and wedge come down the pipeline would be so amazing! I can see it now... :pray:

to have biggs and wedge come down the pipeline would be so amazing! I can see it now... :pray:

Me too.

pile%20of%20cash.jpg

I hate to be wishful in my thinking, but to have biggs and wedge come down the pipeline would be so amazing! I can see it now... :pray:

Not at $250 a piece. Can you imagine if they did Pokins? He'd probably be at least $400!

I believe he may have been in a certain scene "Deliverance."

Oh wait, sorry, that was Otis, Lex Luthor's assistant. :lol

Back