1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did CA legalize marijuana? SS must be smoking something. Come on SS get your head out of the clouds!

Gawd, I remember when even those prices seemed crazy. I bit the bullet and bought the $90 Emperor, even though he came with virtually nothing. A cane that was too short and an extra head.

I'll never forget when ROTS Anakin was announced at $54.99 compared to ROTS Obi-Wan at $49.99 and people were flipping out, pretty much like what this thread was. And Sideshow had to come in and explain that Anakin's robot arm tooling increased the cost. Ahhhh, memories. . .

It's a shame that it is actually hard to believe figures were that "cheap" at one point. Sure, they were nowhere near today's standards, but for the time, they were pretty good.

Looking at all the Star Wars figures currently available......SS Luke shot up in cost SOO quickly....I have to believe there is more at work here then just greed. They went even past HT class in one release. Rather then just assume it's Sideshow's head getting too big....I wonder if they switched production companies to not only stay competitive with HT...but to actually compliment HT's offerings and so...they needed to farm out to factories that made them look and feel compatible. Any other thoughts?

Untitled-2.jpg

Looking at all the Star Wars figures currently available......SS Luke shot up in cost SOO quickly....I have to believe there is more at work here then just greed. They went even past HT class in one release. Rather then just assume it's Sideshow's head getting too big....I wonder if they switched production companies to not only stay competitive with HT...but to actually compliment HT's offerings and so...they needed to farm out to factories that made them look and feel compatible. Any other thoughts?

View attachment 145114

If that is the case I see no reason they cant say so... If its licensing or greed they will stay silent.

edit: and even so its no excuse for that kind of jump

WoW never realy noticed he's priced higher then hoth figs that get a bunch more xtra's all i can blame 4 price is stupid orange is new black for price jump. I dont understand these price's ? 249 For vader and luke is 239 WTF is goin on?:panic:

It's good old Disney. This figure must be the first under the new contract based on when it will be charged. Disney licenses are ridiculous for anyone but Disney.

That said, looks like SS has also stepped up its game. So perhaps the price increase is two-fold.

Only the production sample will tell us. If this is yet another mannequin painted figure where the detail of the sculpt is lost behind thick lead paint -- there will be hell to pay.

WoW never realy noticed he's priced higher then hoth figs that get a bunch more xtra's all i can blame 4 price is stupid orange is new black for price jump. I dont understand these price's ? 249 For vader and luke is 239 WTF is goin on?:panic:
Yeah, it's the price relative to way more complex figs like the Probe Droid or Grievous that really makes me wonder.

Anything is possible. We'll see once in hand picks come in on Hoth Luke & Han.

Flippin Disney they can save price raping until they get the star wars theme park up. Cant wait to ride the Falcon ride and kessel run. Hopefully we can keep price's down and this just badly priced F-LUKE. :lsvader

WoW! I have not been back to disney world in like 30 years and way overdue. Its like 100 or 75 for cedar point. Undersand Disney is a small city of AMAZEMENT tho so many park's in one. I just hope Disney brings us the Falcon we could all Run through along with every ship in the fleet is my dream for the Park's and would be worth tons. I know many would give thier souls for runnin through the deathstar ,worlds and shoot the blast doors after OBI ONE gets cut down. Then run into the Falcon coaster ride. Then off to dagobah to learn the force with yoda. Then lightsaber training , fighting all the sith or jedi would be perfect magical day to remember. My dream for the park's.

Last edited:
HA ha awesome bbq time roasted wicket he's not gamey tasting with a great chef. Now choose your waitress i'll take slave leia.

Back