1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horrible price, why so much? Should have been a lightsaber included. And isn't that Bossk's jumpsuit just in orange?

I will buy this when SSC is trying to unload this in 2016 Spooktacular... :rotfl

What, there's no light sabre? I'd still carry it if flying an X-wing... I mean he had it on Dagobah right?

I just noticed. No gun either? What, the Empire Luke pilot will go for $290 then I guess...

Ha, you are right. No gun, no lightsaber, no cool exclusive accessory...

Yet sideshow farmboy had sabre, big rifle, stormtrooper gun, poncho and cost me £35! I know the sculpt is a lot better but this is now costing nearly £200.

Yet sideshow farmboy had sabre, big rifle, stormtrooper gun, poncho and cost me £35! I know the sculpt is a lot better but this is now costing nearly £200.

And the outfits and accessories on those old figures were just as good as any HT or SSC figure's today. Just the heads and bodies are terrible by today's standards.

All is good though, come 2016 Spooktacular this will be $140 with free shipping. :lol

And the outfits and accessories on those old figures were just as good as any HT or SSC figure's today. Just the heads and bodies are terrible by today's standards.
Eh accessories maybe. The outfits were hit and miss from what I've seen. I think they've gotten a lot better.

Eh accessories maybe. The outfits were hit and miss from what I've seen. I think they've gotten a lot better.

I never bought any back in the day, but I've scavenged a large amount of SSC weapons and outfits over the last year or two and I find them to be comparable to today's HT and SSC stuff. Admiittedly I've only gotten the more elaborate outfits (Rebel Commnado, Boussh) and not the simpler Han/Luke/Leia outfits. Maybe those don't hold up as well, though the SSC Luke Jedi hood/cloak is amazing, and is from the very first SSC figure.

And not sure what you mean on weapons/accessories - all the stuff I have is pretty damn close to HT. The HT Luke Bespin saber hilt's a bit better than the SSC one, but it's very close - same with Han Solo smuggler belt/holster. The SSC stormie blaster is a work of art that I see HT matching but not topping.

I said accessories maybe. As in they're not bad. I was mostly saying from what I've seen the tailoring on a lot of the older clothing from Sideshow is hit and miss.

I said accessories maybe. As in they're not bad. I was mostly saying from what I've seen the tailoring on a lot of the older clothing from Sideshow is hit and miss.

Yeah, like I said my experience is somewhat limited - the tailoring on clothing like Luke Jedi's cloak, Rebel Commando and Bib Fortuna seems pretty great but those hero or Jedi figs I've seen pics of (ANH Leia, Han Bespin, Luke Ceremonial etc.) that are the worst of the old SSC figs could definitely be wonky in terms of outfit tailoring.

I came to this late and have been buying a lot of new state-of-the-art DID/3R type military outfits and accessories at the same time as the old Sideshow stuff and I've just been struck by the - in general, with exceptions - quality of old SSC stuff, especially when everyone seems to mock it. I guess good for me - great stuff cheap!:lol

Yeah, some of the old SSC outfits are really nice. I've got the Endor Rebel Commando Sergeant (base body turfed & outfit / accessories transferred to a HT TT slim) & it's a damn fine figure now. I had the old Qui-Gon once upon a time, & while it didn't completely cut it for me, the outfit & accessories were again, great. I should've actually kept the Qui-Gon stuff to make a custom.. ah well.

As mentioned though, it's not the rule unfortunately, but yeah. There's more good sets than bad in that regard.

giphy.gif

Back