1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preorded this figure and I think it's gonna be great. I've read a lot of different threads and in my opinion Sideshow gets a bad rap about it's figures. The early Hot Toys figures weren't that great either. The Star Wars line looks really good

True, but they evolved. Sideshow has improved more slowly and erratically, and has been in a bit of a holding pattern for awhile now, not really in HT's ballpark in terms of production pieces IMO.

Uh oh!

Thanks for the response! Yeah I luv Hot Toys ( have alot!) , but Sideshow is improving I just don't like to see the bashing of the company. If you don't like it don't buy it

Well the current discussion isn't over SSC's quality in itself (I think most here have accepted what Sideshow is at this point), but quality relative to cost. If they put something like Luke out at their more conventional prices of, say $160-200 tops, there would be much fewer complaints. But it's hard for many to justify greater than or equal to Hot Toys prices for lesser than Hot Toys products.

And... isn't this thread supposed to be ignored so it can die?:lol

No, because it's the....

night-of-the-living-thread.jpg

:wink1:

True, but they evolved. Sideshow has improved more slowly and erratically, and has been in a bit of a holding pattern for awhile now, not really in HT's ballpark in terms of production pieces IMO.

I think the Hoth figures will be the turning point. It used to be that once in hand there were just as many complainers as complimenters for SSC figures. But with the DC line I don't know of many people dissatisfied and I think that the SW Hot figures will indicate whether SSC has truly "turned a corner" and deserve HT pricing.

I think the Hoth figures will be the turning point.

:pray: :goodpost: I repeat this every day. I'm standing my ground on those pre-orders... if they turn out really well, they will sell out fast and any and all negative comments about SSC quality will be long forgotten.

Drake put SSC on notice and thankfully that occurred on a fig I didn't have an interest in. A couple of the newer clones had wonky heads too, but it won't happen again - especially on characters as huge as Han and Luke (even if Michael Crawford doesn't think much of Luke...:lol)

This guy is fetching even more on the second-hand market: https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161475686456

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well, what are you waiting for? He's got 25 feedbacks and is charging double. Ordered!

I jumped into preodering the figure without much thinking.

Slowing I am awakening to the harsh reality of $240 for this figure and this being the new norm....:(

Oh Oh, not you too Puay I thought you were drinking the kool aid for sure, dang this might be a turning point for everyone :( I saw the poll about not collecting SW too :(.

I'm pretty sure the point of his post was that he ordered, regardless of how painful the new norm was going to be.

I'm not at all sure that 'drinking the kool aid' is a valid assessment of his decision.

I think the Hoth figures will be the turning point. It used to be that once in hand there were just as many complainers as complimenters for SSC figures. But with the DC line I don't know of many people dissatisfied and I think that the SW Hot figures will indicate whether SSC has truly "turned a corner" and deserve HT pricing.

Snake Pliskin will be the next Human figure out I believe (due next month after multiple delays). That should tell us if they are in a position to ask this price.

Snake Pliskin will be the next Human figure out I believe (due next month after multiple delays). That should tell us if they are in a position to ask this price.

That's a good point, although Snake probably doesn't undergo the same scrutiny that Star Wars figures will. And he's nowhere near the price of a Star Wars figure (now).

Back