1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate the price, don't hate the figure.

Hate the game, don't hate the player?
This figure's release is likely going to coincide with when I have enough reward points for a free figure, at least if spook 2015 still coughs up some RPs. If it looks this good then, I may pick it up. Also depends how good Hoth Luke turns out and if I want a second Luke. Right now I'm mainly all in for Hoth, the rest is wait and see.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Agreed. This figure looks fantastic, IMO.

I'm the same way. I was very vocal about how awesome this guy looked and I still think it's an amazing figure. The price sucks donkeyballs though and that's why I'm so pissed off like Homer and his pants at Krusty selling out :lol

Sideshow has yet to produce a human figure of this quality though and to charge that much without any track record is tough to swallow.

Plus I needed the something to fit the Homer quote :lol. I guess I can change it to add "price" at the end :)

edit: now my sig rings true and you all can't deny it :read

I'm the same way. I was very vocal about how awesome this guy looked and I still think it's an amazing figure. The price sucks donkeyballs though and that's why I'm so pissed off like Homer and his pants at Krusty selling out :lol

Sideshow has yet to produce a human figure of this quality though and to charge that much without any track record is tough to swallow.

Plus I needed the something to fit the Homer quote :lol. I guess I can change it to add "price" at the end :)

edit: now my sig rings true and you all can't deny it :read

Wait...that's Homer Simpson in your sig?!? I thought it was King Darkness not wearing pants as usual. :monkey3 :lol

I already love the figure... okay, that's good... but can't afford the price... so now... do I channel hate somehow and that will make Sideshow lower it? Is that the answer to the riddle? This is a riddle, right?:lol

I just kit bashed my own X wing Luke from a Hasbro Wedge Antilles outfit, Spiderrogue vest and harness, Tomy xwing helmet, Praji gloves, random boots and a Stormtrooper Luke sculpt.
Needs a good futzing but it looks good to me.
32672f93b42122a6f013444363e801dc.jpg

Yeah, that is pretty neat. Best thing about seeing this teaser for me is we can count on someone making a really nice Millennium Falcon. Always rued that I got into the hobby long after the MR Falcon sold out. I'd love to have a Falcon displayed in my collection. Just a matter of finding the space...

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Agreed. This figure looks fantastic, IMO.

Just makes me sad we had to wait so long for SS to reach this level of quality. Would've loved to have previous Lukes and Hans look this good.

I used to rationalise their sculpts by saying you can't shrink a human down to 1/6 without losing a level of detail. Then HT came along and showed what was possible at that scale.

On the other hand, we haven't been paying HT prices till now either. Plus a lot of SS's past problems have been down to the paint apps, not the sculpts.

Just makes me sad we had to wait so long for SS to reach this level of quality. Would've loved to have previous Lukes and Hans look this good.

I agree, however we'll have to wait and see the final product. I hope we get a great figure.

I used to rationalise their sculpts by saying you can't shrink a human down to 1/6 without losing a level of detail. Then HT came along and showed what was possible at that scale.

Yup, HT set the bar very high. :lecture

On the other hand, we haven't been paying HT prices till now either. Plus a lot of SS's past problems have been down to the paint apps, not the sculpts.

True. With Hot Toys announcing their new ANH Vader and Kenobi, I wonder what their price point will be.

Back