MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Ok well i guess i will have to make another one. For those who didnt see the first one i did awhile back here is a few sample shots. Ill post the new one here when i get finished.
max1.jpg

maxlegbrace2.jpg

Damn! This one is AMAZING too!!!!!!!!!!......I must have fallen asleep at the wheel, I never looked at this thread.....there's a lot of MUSEUM masterpieces here.

Last edited:

I hate to see the last great untapped franchise slip down to page 5...

There's a thread running in the Aliens section and it seems like a lot of people would want to see a Max and Wez (and Humungus no doubt) from Road Warrior...

So what are we gonna do about it?

Billy B: got your PM, sent you an email, never heard back. You still out there?

It would be great to see HT get this license. I dont think anyone could do it as good as HT.

It would be great to see HT get this license. I dont think anyone could do it as good as HT.

If only...if only.

HT would be perfect for so many reasons, even the little details like real feathers on Wez's shoulder guards (since they used feathers on Cannibal Jack).

Road Warrior just doesn't seem to have a strong following for some reason like some other franchises. Yet it effected so many that came after.

Still probably the single best real world "car chase" ever!

Agreed. HT attention to detail would make a Max figure amazing!!!

It really is an underrated franchise.

Then there's the very expensive 'Super Enhanced' version. Maybe, that should be the Mud Max version.

65fc_12.JPG

2206_12.JPG

1fcb_12.JPG

af8b_12.JPG

It's marvellous what a difference mud makes.

Whut??? I'm still on pre-order for the "clean" version (if there indeed are two versions) and as impatient as I am now I'd rather have the muddy version. Who sells it? Or is that a one-off custom and there's no actual production "muddy" version? This car was produced by Skynet as an r/c body in both clean and dirty versions so I wouldn't be surprised if Autoart is doing the same.

I found it on ebay yesterday. Can't seem to find it now. Maybe it sold. I think it was a $450 BIN. A limited run version. Auto Art approved but done by another mob from memory. If I find it again, I'll make another post.

Now that's the Pursuit Special we all know and love! And that's exactly what I have in mind to do with the one I still have on pre-order.

The clean version was already released in Japan a couple of months ago and I just couldn't resist owning one of these beauties right away. Looks like I'll have two when the pre-ordered one finally ships, so one of them will most definitely be getting full Road Warrior treatment! Thanks for posting the pics and hope you find that link again! :cool:

Edit: Haven't seen or heard of a muddy version being offered by Autoart yet, but I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks guys! Yes please let us know if/when these become available. Thinking about it again it does look like a custom one-off, which would make sense if another, specialized company did a small run.

Just as I was getting comfortably spoiled by today's factory finished scale models, I may need to get back into my model making mode. I have a 9 year old brand new airbrush stored away that I'll now need to learn how to use!

that muddy version is amazing!!! how i wish they did one in 1/6 scale... :)

You and me both, man! Funny, I was just thinking about that today too. Chris Chulamanis scratch-built that jaw-dropping, totally insane 1/6 APC from Aliens, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere out there was working on a 1/6 Mad Max Interceptor. Sounds like a monumental job, but can you imagine how freakin' cool that would be? :google
Another great one would be Bond's Aston Martin DB5! :rock:rock:rock

Thanks guys! Yes please let us know if/when these become available. Thinking about it again it does look like a custom one-off, which would make sense if another, specialized company did a small run.

I think you may be right about it being a custom job. Kinda looks like a custom repaint/weathering job on the regular Autoart model to me, but I suppose it could be a limited edition or something. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous and I want one! Hopefully, Creech will find the link to it. Btw, I checked AutoArt's site, but they only show the clean version.

Just as I was getting comfortably spoiled by today's factory finished scale models, I may need to get back into my model making mode. I have a 9 year old brand new airbrush stored away that I'll now need to learn how to use!

Go for it! You can't beat an airbrush for painting vehicles. I've used one for painting everything from T-shirts to motorcycle gas tanks and helmets. There's still a lot you can do with a brush, though, especially when it come to weathering. :D

Hey, I found it. Oops, wrong price. It's $595

The film classic is finally available in 1:18, but only as a shiny rendition from it's manufacturer. This version of the vehicle was never clean!

The STUDIOMODELS Super Enhanced limited run collectable solves that problem for the serious collector.

YES IT'S AVAILABLE AGAIN, the 2nd of these limited run Super Enhanced Autoart Road Warrior vehicles.

These are available at this standard ONLY from STUDIOMODELS.

Studiomodels has spent hours in the workshop, enhancing this beautiful model to PROFFESSIONAL STUDIO STANDARDS, so that it is available in its true film condition, much more realistic and eye catching for your collection (Please see comparison photos with inserts). The model already has a full interior with roll cage, as well as a couple of dog food cans, spare wheel, chain and Jerry cans thrown in as accessories. Even the dog too. Real rubber tyres, full engine bay, opening doors and bonnet as well as the bomb and the large knife under the car that "a quick fella might have" under there.

Studiomodels has made a point of adding all the small details to the exterior and interior 'complexion' that make you look again and deliver the pleasure of realism in a scale model. The 'unsightly' seam lines are removed from the prominent plastic parts such as the jerry cans, rear fuel tanks, dog seat and exhaust pipes. The exhuasts are removed, 'cleaned up' and painted separately to gain that realistic look. Additional to this, details from the film car are added to the interior of the vehicle such as a cammo net and stiped dog pillow, dog seat cover , ditching beams and additional stores.

STUDIOMODELS enhanced version sports faded and scratched paint, 'caked on' dirt and dust, chips and dirt dragged on the windscreen from the wipers. Drivers seat displays wear and tear and stone chips /scratches appear on the body, even the scratching on the passenger door where the dog regularly jumps in and out. Don't stop there as there are 'buffed' rocker panels under the door where Max's leg has rubbed off the dirt, scored and shiny nuts and wheel centres from wheel changes, The Long range fuel tanks at the rear show signs of spillage and hurried refuelling. The jerry cans have scratches and wear from Max pulling them in and out when obtaining additional 'Liquid Gold'. The doors have been exceptionally moulded by Autoart with accurate door inner panels without the trim. Studiomodels has enhanced these with weathering and scratches as well as changing the appearance of the ammo belt and knife that Max has on the inner door, to look more real. The underbody has recieved a comprehensive rework so that it now has the dirt and dust it should. The exhaust pipes look as though they have had some heat go through them , as well as living with the everday scratching of the post apocolyptic desert enviroment. Details from the film car are added to the interior of the vehicle such as a cammo net and stiped dog pillow, dog seat cover , ditching beams and additional stores as well as the removal of the rear vision interior mirror.

NOTE : An 'Outback road' base and clear box cover are also available at an additional cost(see last photo).

One last point to take into consideration is the fact that now this car has been produced, it will be easy for Autoart to create the version from the first film, which was a clean black car. Do you want both cars in your collection to be the same or would you rather distinguish the second vehicle so that each car has its true character displayed?.........

*These vehicles will be created as a short custom run and will be limited, with each custom vehicle being created for each successful buyer, so that no two will be exactly the same (but all will be created to the same standard with slight visual differences in exact detail from the displayed original master). Each will be numbered with a studiomodels card. A pair of diecast car model handling gloves will also be thrown in the deal. The model comes packed in its original box as new, except for the accessories as they have been enhanced and will be in the car.
eBayISAPI.dll

1713_12.JPG

3709_12.JPG

1d10_12.JPG

1ba0_12.JPG

d8c0_12.JPG

2dbc_12.JPG

My, those are really nice and clear reference images for the aspiring custom modeler, thank you again for posting! The only thing missing is a 1/18th scale figure of Max. The treatment on the model reminds me so much of Verlinden Models, which happens to produce 1/16th scale figures of different eras and subject matters...

Back