MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

The mudded version looks awesome. The 'clean' one should have been the unmodified Interceptor from Mad Max.

Thanks for the additional pics, Creech. She really is the duck's guts. Probably no way I'll be able to get my hands on one of those custom jobs... guess it'll have to be a do it myself job if I want mine to look like that. Tons 'o fun! :monkey4

The mudded version looks awesome. The 'clean' one should have been the unmodified Interceptor from Mad Max.

I agree, that would have been worth getting... a clean version like this, not so much. Especially for $195.

I agree, that would have been worth getting... a clean version like this, not so much. Especially for $195.

$195 is way too high! They're about $140 shipped from monstersinmotion.com. You ought to be able to find one for a lot less than $195... if you're interested, that is. It really is a beautiful model, "clean" or otherwise. It looks even better with your own eyes.

So, after going through all 21 pages... (gotta be up-to-date!)

I got a couple of things:

*BillyB-That RW set is excellent! Good job on taking the lead and making what needs to be made!

*Someone asked about leather chaps to do Wez? T
They are not exact by pretty darn close on Dragon's Timeline Andre Marek: https://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/73092.htm
You can't tell in that picture, because it's hidden by the tunic, but the leathers aren't full pants.

Hope that helps.

*Around Page 12, someone did showed a custom Mad Max figure that had the replica "Bronze" badge. WHERE DOES ONE GET THAT?!?! Or more appropriately, where does one get three or four? I've been working on some customs and I don't want to post'em until I have some kind of badge.

Any help with this?
Danke.

And... "WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD, SKAG!!!"

First off,
I would like to apologize to those of you who have been waiting to have kits made. I work days (sometimes very long days) and generally do this stuff on the weekends while my wife is at work. Well, she stopped working weekends and it's hard to get the "me" time to work on my projects. I'm sure anyone who is married out there knows exactly what I'm talking about. I am going to try and get them all done in one swoop over the next few weekends for everyone who has been waiting and for the new requests I have received.
Again, I'm sorry for the long delay.
Now for my second thing,
It appears that there are a lot of fans posting here that really want a good Max to add to their collections. With all the talent that I've seen from all of you, why don't we pull together and make a great looking Max?
Andy did a fantastic sculpt once before, but it was for a private job. But what if we got together and commissioned a new sculpt?
Sovereign Studios does a great job on custom clothing, so why not have them do Max's uniform? I'd gladly do all of the accessories and we all have seen some fantastic painters here! Does this sound stupid? Should I stop drinking and posting at the same time? It might take a little working out, but if we had people willing to share their talents, we could make a really kick ass figure!
Please, go easy on me.

BillyB

I'm all for that, Billy!

I guess the hard part would be to make each individual's work financially worth the effort yet still affordable for the buyer once he's paid the various artists for their specific contributions.

And I'm still interested in a WEZ project. I'm just trying to sort out how to get the outfit done. Shawn might be a good source for that, if he's a RW fan and has interest in the project.

Good to hear from ya again Billy, and your idea for a custom Max figure is by no means stupid! I've been planning to cobble together my own RW figure, but if enough people are on board for it, then I'd definitely be interested in some sort of collaborative effort. The possibilities are definitely worth investigating.

I hate to bring it up again, but we still need to find someone who can supply us with some suitable glove leather, "pleather", or whatever else would work for Max's costume. Succeeding in this could also open the door for other figures from the series, especially if we already have sources for all the supplies we'd need. Okay, that was my two cents worth. :D

A good supply of leather/pleather can be found at thrift shops from old purses and jackets. In most cases it's already worn and weathered, which adds to the look and feel.

Good to hear from ya again Billy, and your idea for a custom Max figure is by no means stupid! I've been planning to cobble together my own RW figure, but if enough people are on board for it, then I'd definitely be interested in some sort of collaborative effort. The possibilities are definitely worth investigating.

I hate to bring it up again, but we still need to find someone who can supply us with some suitable glove leather, "pleather", or whatever else would work for Max's costume. Succeeding in this could also open the door for other figures from the series, especially if we already have sources for all the supplies we'd need. Okay, that was my two cents worth. :D

I've got a huge amount of scrap leather. A colab sounds like a great idea!

A good supply of leather/pleather can be found at thrift shops from old purses and jackets. In most cases it's already worn and weathered, which adds to the look and feel.

Sounds like an excellent place to start. Old wallets would also be good for thinner stuff like belts, straps, etc.

I've got a huge amount of scrap leather. A colab sounds like a great idea!

At last! Billy can sew leather, so it might be a good idea to shoot him a PM and let him know what you've got. I've been thinking that black glove leather would probably be about the right thickness and texture for 1/6 scale jackets and pants. Do you have anything like that, by any chance?

Last edited:

Sounds like an excellent place to start. Old wallets would also be good too, for thinner stuff like belts, straps, etc.

At last! Billy can sew leather, so it might be a good idea to shoot him a PM and let him know what you've got. I've been thinking that black glove leather would probably be about the right thickness and texture for 1/6 scale jackets and pants. Do you have anything like that, by any chance?

Black gloves comprise a good half of my collection :lol

Back