MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

:(

Very sad to see ya go, Paul. Good grab for someone, Paul's got a great eye for perfect detail.

He does indeed, which is why I've taken him up on his offer. Now I'm that much closer, and Paul's kit parts have found a good home.

Thanks again, Paul, and I really hope you do decide to try again later. :duff

Edit: OOPs! Seems like someone beat me to it! Thought I had this in the bag... oh well. :monkey2 :taz

Last edited:

First off, I'd like to apologize to everyone I left hanging out there. Especially you Paul. I should have posted earlier, but like a lot of others, I've been pulled into other projects.
Another reason is that the kits really take up more time and money than what I think is fair to charge.
On the clothing, I'm just not satisfied with the my end result on the jacket.
Pants are easy to do, but this jacket is just a royale pain to figure out.
Until I can figure it out and easily recreate it, I just can't offer it.
I've seen some really cool figures in this thread but other than various headsculpts and Mudshark's dog, no one else has offered anything up.
Elvis, your legbrace looks great. Is it very hard or expensive for you to recreate?
We need to have more people involved. The more people contributing the better the selection and that just makes better figures.
Does anyone else agree?:(

Hey Billy,

Good to hear from you. I think you're right, more involvement would help to keep people interested and create more possibilities. It's not anyone's fault, there has been a lot going on over the past several months and a lot of us have been spread pretty thin lately.

A lot of other projects have suffered the same fate and basically slowed down to a crawl for one reason or another. Fortunately they haven't completely died, but they most definitely could use a boot in the right place to get things moving again.

If we continue to check in here to discuss ideas and share information as often as possible, I believe interest will eventually pick up again and hopefully we'll find solutions for some of the things that have been holding us back.

Hi guys! Maybe i can offer to some of you some legbrace if you're intersested! Still don't know how much it will cost! but i can tell you that very soon! Tell me if someone is interested! I can star a list if you want!
seb

Thanks for understanding. Maybe if Elvis can offer up the brace, I can continue to provide some of the other equipment at a better price. That may also help out those that can't pay everything altogether at one time.

Thank you,
BillyB

Great to see this thread come back to life here.

If we continue to check in here to discuss ideas and share information as often as possible, I believe interest will eventually pick up again and hopefully we'll find solutions for some of the things that have been holding us back.

I agree.

BillyB: I still want the parts kit from you if possible. I've just been waiting on my Max head to be finished before I proceed. I still hope that it will be before the end of the year. I hope. If the parts available have changed since we originally spoke about it, just let me know what parts you can still do up for the kit (for example, is the leg brace now out?). If this kit is no longer an option -- which I totally understand -- perhaps you might still offer just some key bits like the shoulder pad and shovel and knee pads or something; the hard to find bits. The belts, binoculars and such can be acquired other ways... if that makes the kit easier for you to produce.

Elvis: definitely interested in your leg brace pending price. Would this leg brace come with the knee pad and all the belts and buckles needed or just the metal structure?

As to the clothing, I do believe the Staurday Toys biker outfit works well enough -- quite nicely from what we've seen posted -- so I would recommend that for those still wanting to build this custom.

I would think with Sat Toys outfit, Billy's parts (if available), Elvis' leg brace and one of the various sculpts offered here, that everyone should be able to build a fairly solid MAD MAX quite simply.

Last edited:

hey wor-gar! The leg brace will come with all the belt and buckles but without the knee pad! The one i use on my custom is a knee pad i found easily on ebay ( i think a swat knee pad i just repainted! For the price i think of maybe 35 or 40 dollars maybe? What do you think!
seb

and billy i'm very interested in the shoulder pach and both pouches on the back of his belt! Is it possible?
thx
seb

hey wor-gar! The leg brace will come with all the belt and buckles but without the knee pad! The one i use on my custom is a knee pad i found easily on ebay ( i think a swat knee pad i just repainted! For the price i think of maybe 35 or 40 dollars maybe? What do you think!
seb

I'm not sure what the work involved entails so you need to just decide on a fair price -- fair to you for the parts and work -- and let us know.

But it would be great if it was a complete leg brace -- knee pad and everything -- that way people won't feel like they're getting a custom part that still has to be customized.

But it's your call. Obviously the leg brace is a key element to the character and very much wanted and needed.

I definitely need those parts from BillyB as well. Also that little pocket knife thingy that hangs from his chest strap. Basically everything other than the main belt and strap and binoculars.

Now where the hack can we find Saturday Toys biker outfits???? I can't find them anywhere now. Blast it -- I should have bought one long ago.

hey ok i will see if i can provide a complete legbrace so ;-) i think it's possible!!
I will keep you inform! as for the saturdays biker set there is one on ebay but it's still pretty xpensive!

hey ok i will see if i can provide a complete legbrace so ;-) i think it's possible!!
I will keep you inform! as for the saturdays biker set there is one on ebay but it's still pretty xpensive!

Cool!

Yeah, that biker outfit is expensive especially with shipping from HK. One should turn up eventually though.

Cool!

Yeah, that biker outfit is expensive especially with shipping from HK. One should turn up eventually though.

hey wor-gar, i think patience for the sat toys leathers will pay off. they seem to come around every few months anyway. im sure the online sites will restock soon. well i hope anyway. those things are like money in the bank.

update on my custom MAD MAX ROAD WARRIOR

Hey guys!
Here's an update on my custom mad max!
Still needs a head but on it's way!
The receipe is:
Dragon Body with rubber arm (thanx to paul carson for his kit)
Saturday toys biker set (i refit the outfit for the dragon body because it's to large)
Boots from ebay customized! added straps and everything!
Custom made legbrace by me and shoulder pad!
The rest is from ebay and made from scratch

Tell me what you think!
elvis (seb)

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0811.jpg

DSCN0812.jpg

DSCN0815.jpg

DSCN0816.jpg

Looks very good, Elvis! Makes me want to dig out mine soon and finish him up!

Glad that you could put them to use. Well at least I got to see a Max custom with the parts I found ! :lol

wow this is impressive, you got my attention

what getting accessories for this custom like? i know about the leathers, Ive finished a T2 terminator and sourcing the biker fashion for him was time consuming.

Elvis, that out fit is so fitted,..how?

and what bodies did you use coz mel isnt a large build

Back