Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography

I finally put my dioders (lights) into my detolf.

I just hated the color of the LED's so I've been experimenting with coloring them. Right now I'm using scotch tape witch is colored by two different orange markers:

P1140324.jpg

The goal is to make it look like incandescent or halogen light. I took the above picture with my camera on the "Halogen" setting. Usually LEDs look very blue on that setting. This is a pretty accurate representation of how it looks in person.

Might not be perfect, but it looks better than that harsh blue light.

Also, I lined the bottom of the shelves with black velvet.

Last edited:

Looks great Mag :rock

I'm using the dioder strips in my detolfs, but I actually like the natural color of the lights for some reason. They give off a kind of "movie theater" vibe...if that makes sense :lol

Thanks Marf.

I think maybe the fact that my detolf is almost all fantasy related characters is the reason that the stark white bothered me (and it's actually almost blue).

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the two Batman detolfs I hope to have set up by the end of the month.

Here's another pic with all the lights on:

P1140325.jpg

I think I did a passable job of matching the warmth of my track lighting.

I cut off the bottom of the pic because I'm not quite happy with the color of the lights on the bottom two shelves...

I think maybe the fact that my detolf is almost all fantasy related characters is the reason that the stark white bothered me (and it's actually almost blue).

That makes sense :duff

Hey Maglor! Great looking shelves. I agree about the lighting; LED lemps tend to be too cold and give out that 'hospital' feel to the environments. Your idea of coloring yours is working out great.
Oh, and you have the Dead Collector from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of my favorite figures!
Cheers!

Excellent Pic's Mag and Really digging the Last pic, Congrats

Thanks big C. :)

That makes sense :duff

:duff

Hey Maglor! Great looking shelves. I agree about the lighting; LED lemps tend to be too cold and give out that 'hospital' feel to the environments. Your idea of coloring yours is working out great.
Oh, and you have the Dead Collector from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of my favorite figures!
Cheers!

Thanks!

It's funny, I just read your post in the "Detolf lighting project" about not being a fan of the cold lighting and almost posted my agreement there. :lol :exactly:

bring_out_your_dead3-400x397.jpg

:lol :hi5:

Thanks guys. :)

So many more pictures to take, so little time.

Thanks Marf.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the two Batman detolfs I hope to have set up by the end of the month.

Here's another pic with all the lights on:

P1140325.jpg

I think I did a passable job of matching the warmth of my track lighting.

I cut off the bottom of the pic because I'm not quite happy with the color of the lights on the bottom two shelves...

Love it!!!

Great set up Mags :rock :rock :rock

Thanks King! :hi5:

I appreciate the support.

I was kinda worried that everybody would think the 'coloring the lights' idea was lame and hokey! :lol

Now I gotta set up those lights and conceal all those cords on two more detolfs! :banghead

^^^That will be mine.

Back