Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography

Batman B & W Statue

- Inspired by Brian Bolland

#5937 of 6500

P1140352.jpg

P1140353.jpg

P1140354.jpg

P1140396.jpg

P1140397.jpg

I want this !!!!

All your stuff is fantastic.............. all of it. This statue is really something I'd love to own though. Any details mate?

Bob

The batman black and whites are great looking. Are they still making them? I remember they were making them a few years back when I started collecting. There must be a ton of them by now.

:clap Love it.
Shots like these make me want to buy some BW Bats statues too. I always liked the Perez version.

This one too.

really sweet pics mag. loving the arkham one!

WOW! Great Batman Pic's, Impressive Mag

Thanks guys. :duff

I want this !!!!

All your stuff is fantastic.............. all of it. This statue is really something I'd love to own though. Any details mate?

Bob

Thanks!

Although the Arkham Asylum statue is my favorite, the Brian Bolland statue is a close second. And it has a special place in my heart because it was my first (long ago :lol), and I actually bought it at my LCS. :)

I just saw one on ebay for $90 (which isn't bad, as I've seen that one sell for $150). Just search for "Batman Black and White Statue Brian Bolland" or some variation thereof and you'll find it. :hi5:

The batman black and whites are great looking. Are they still making them? I remember they were making them a few years back when I started collecting. There must be a ton of them by now.

Yep. They're still releasing new ones. And there are a ton. The only one that I might still get would be the BTAS - Bruce Timm one. It's kind of a weird mid-air pose, but I love the series so much, I feel like it belongs in my collection. :)

I was inspired by Devil_666:

P1140252cutout.jpg

I was inspired by Devil_666:

P1140252cutout.jpg

Didn't you go in on a set of the Demon and Scarecrow with someone else? What did you do with the other Scarecrow since you already own one?

Love that shot btw!

Yeah, all I had ever really wanted to do with the demon was take pics of it. No desire to keep it on display.

Here's how I currently have the two Scarecrows displayed:

P1140266.jpg

When I get my detolfs the suited SC will be on a villain shelf (with Joker, Two-Face, and maybe Bane and Catwoman eventually) and the straightjacket SC will be back on the horse on one of my open shelves.

AH! Completely missed the 2nd one! I figured that's what you did but I wondered if maybe you had an issue with the first one you purchased.

They look great posed that way!

No luck on the Detolf's yet?

When I get my detolfs the suited SC will be on a villain shelf (with Joker, Two-Face, and maybe Bane and Catwoman eventually) and the straightjacket SC will be back on the horse on one of my open shelves.

sound good

do you plan to buy the tumbler or the batpod if hot toys re-make them ?

or even the bat-wing or the "banemobile" from DKR ?:panic::panic::panic:

AH! Completely missed the 2nd one! I figured that's what you did but I wondered if maybe you had an issue with the first one you purchased.

They look great posed that way!

No luck on the Detolf's yet?

Well, the IKEA rep that emailed me said my local store would be getting them soon. But the last time I called the store they said they definitely wouldn't be here any earlier than the second week in September (that's as far as they can look out @ the shipping schedule) but in theory it could be much later than that. I just hope it comes before all the figures scheduled to come out by the end of this year start pouring in. :panic:

sound good

do you plan to buy the tumbler or the batpod if hot toys re-make them ?

or even the bat-wing or the "banemobile" from DKR ?:panic::panic::panic:

No, I just would have nowhere to put any vehicles that size. :(

I already have the 1:18 '89 Batmobile and Tumbler. If someone makes a 1:18 diecast bat-wing I would definitely get that. :)

No, I just would have nowhere to put any vehicles that size. :(

I already have the 1:18 '89 Batmobile and Tumbler. If someone makes a 1:18 diecast bat-wing I would definitely get that. :)

you right ,1/6 vehicules are way to big.

smaller scale are better (and cheaper too)

Last edited:
Re: Maglor's Thread

The Bookcase

Hot Toys' Batman DX02, and Joker DX01.

P1090570.jpg

Toy Biz's Frodo, Sam, and Shelob.

P1090602.jpg

Batman Returns Shelf. Applause Penguin, Kenner Catwoman, and I'm not sure who made this Batman, but it's repainted by me.

P1090581.jpg

My wife's only shelf. In the middle is "Betrayal" from The Monsters In My Tummy, by Roman Dirge. The rest are from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton (left to right): The Pin Cushion Queen, Staring Girl, Brie Boy, Stain Boy, The Girl With Many Eyes, and Robot Boy.

P1090603.jpg

And up on top (left to right): Takara Batman Begins, (behind him barely visible) Serenity ornament, 18" Todd McFarlane Edward Scissorhands, Classic Joker Mini-bust by Tim Bruckner, Entertainment Earth Comic-Con San Diego 2010 Exclusive Man in Black and Jacob, Medicom's Mad Hatter.

P1090578.jpg

Very nice collection! I'm amazed how many nice collections some of the Sideshow Freaks members have. You did a great job. I like that you have Batman next to Edgar Allan Poe, as Poe is considered the inventor of the detective story genre. :clap

Thanks!

Never made a connection with Poe before. :)

That bookcase (with the books on it) is no longer in my collection room though.

I saw a bunch of those Batman B&W statues in a comic shop in NC the other day and they are really cool! Great pics btw!

Yes sir!
picture.php

(This first wave isn't very good.)

Your spidey looks exceptionally better then the proto pics and other pics I've seen of him.

I really like the way you use a variety of shelves to display your collection. Very well done :clap

Back