Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Yeah i agree he needs a red belt not a yellow one. It would help with all the blue, yellow would just make it stand out more. But it's yellow and that's what were getting. Like the new suit though.

action1-variant-jim-lee.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the suit will look this good in the film.

Saw pics of the Superman suit in the Man of Steel and I'm not liking it. I like the old school Superman. Very disappointed in this decision. It's a shame really...

Dr. Manhattan got himself a cape :yess:

J/K

He looks bad ass, I wouldn't mess with him.

Can't wait to see him in Immortals.

Ursa has a weird wasp cape, I likes it!

Last edited:

My only problem is how every single Superhero now needs to look like they are in thier early 20s. What happened to Superman looking like an adult?

:lol I think I'm just aging myself! That more intricate muscle definition came about around the Jim Lee/McFarlane/Liefield 90s era, which is around when my interest in comics started to wane. I'm all for muscles, but I like them a little more subtle, like John Byrne, the Romitas, the Bucemas, Alan Davis, etc. Although I do love Chris Bachalo's work, and he's kinda current, isn't he?

Yeh thats true, the more modern we get the more muscles we end up seeing. To be honest all the people you listed are still relevant and are alot more legendary than the most modern artists today.

I guess having a costume that worked for 70 years is a problem?I dont mind elseworld looks for Superman,but keep the original look.If they want to create new costumes,create a new character.God this pisses me off!First the comics ,now the movies!

Exactly ^

If the movie delivers on story and action then people will start loving the suit - if it doesn't, the suit and the movie will be ridiculed. That's just how things work

Remember guys that this pictures including TDKR, are just plain site, when this is filmed and edited this will look better, just take the Bats scenes where he is fighting Bane in plain day light those guys looked silly just wait and see that seen with a Soundtrack/Sound effects & and more.............miss the red trunks but i think Zack will do a nice job here specially the fighting scenes and effects that us nerds wanted for so many years, i just hope the script is a smart one.....

Why dont they just get rid of the cape as well?Maybe Tim Burtan can put in his two cents and really help the costume be different?The people that are so for the trunks going away ,they might want to look at the old photos with the Nick Cage costume.What a joke!

Yes they do tweak the costume every now and then,I get that.But even in the 30's he had the trunks and a red belt.Everything was still there.

So...

• No (Red) Trunks = Not Superman
  • (Red) Trunks = Superman

Did I get that right?

:lol

Man, this new suit sucks big time. Just ridiculous really. Now his suit is too dark and monochromatic. There is not even a belt and the colors are too dark. What's with this texture? I already know I won't be seeing this and no hot toys superman man of steel for me. :)

People are taking this way outta context. We are not saying the movie will tank cuz he doesn't have red trunks. We are not saying he's not Superman because he does not have the iconic costume (Trust me if you have read comics enough, you are used to the costume changes). What we are saying is that the only valid reason why they are switching the trunks is to go for a more "trendy" look. Thats the difference between why I didn't complain about Nolan's Batman and Joker as compared to this Superman. Nolan's Batman and Joker were original, creative takes on the characters that fit his vision of the movies and were made that way only because these versions were THEE best for HIS movies.

Now we have DC comics rebooting every single book to number 1 and here we have this new suit that resembles the movie one. The only justification we can see is that they are trying to tie the comics to the movies. THATS IT. Theres no alternate reason so far that leads me to believe otherwise. To me it appears they are just deciding to toss the timeless, iconic look because of the times, and not for creative purposes. Now until I hear some sort of explanation from the design team or Snyder or etc, thats all I can assume. That being said aside from the removal of the trunks, the overall look of Superman looks alot more powerful and action-packed. And he looks like Superman to me. I have high hopes for the movie, more importantly because I really want to see what Superman could do with today's Special FX.

People are taking this way outta context. We are not saying the movie will tank cuz he doesn't have red trunks. We are not saying he's not Superman because he does not have the iconic costume (Trust me if you have read comics enough, you are used to the costume changes). What we are saying is that the only valid reason why they are switching the trunks is to go for a more "trendy" look. Thats the difference between why I didn't complain about Nolan's Batman and Joker as compared to this Superman. Nolan's Batman and Joker were original, creative takes on the characters that fit his vision of the movies and were made that way only because these versions were THEE best for HIS movies.

Now we have DC comics rebooting every single book to number 1 and here we have this new suit that resembles the movie one. The only justification we can see is that they are trying to tie the comics to the movies. THATS IT. Theres no alternate reason so far that leads me to believe otherwise. To me it appears they are just deciding to toss the timeless, iconic look because of the times, and not for creative purposes. Now until I hear some sort of explanation from the design team or Snyder or etc, thats all I can assume. That being said aside from the removal of the trunks, the overall look of Superman looks alot more powerful and action-packed. And he looks like Superman to me. I have high hopes for the movie, more importantly because I really want to see what Superman could do with today's Special FX.

All comicbook movies try to find justifications for grown people dressing in their underwear to fight crime. X-Men couldn't do it and used something more utilitarian. Spider-man didn't dwell on it too much.

They couldn't come up with a real world justification for the shorts on the outside. I doubt it had much (if anything) to do with the reboot comic look. We can see from Faora's costume that both hers and Supes costumes are based on Kryptonian clothing - which is sort of justified.

All comicbook movies try to find justifications for grown people dressing in their underwear to fight crime. X-Men couldn't do it and used something more utilitarian. Spider-man didn't dwell on it too much.

They couldn't come up with a real world justification for the shorts on the outside. I doubt it had much (if anything) to do with the reboot comic look. We can see from Faora's costume that both hers and Supes costumes are based on Kryptonian clothing - which is sort of justified.

Singer made it work, his movie was lackluster, but he made the trunks work. They couldn't have said the trunks were Kryptonian clothing?

We're talking about a human looking alien who's super strong, invulnerable, can fly and shoot laser beams from his eyes, and we have to find a real world justification for red trunks?

Back