Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

OK uncle Nam.

BB and TDK music in my dreams. Must be srsly un-memorable. :dunno:rotfl

Ehm,

Inception1.jpg

Zimmer isn't bad, he just focuses on gimmicks and experimental sounds over coherent and iconic themes.

You can't hum a theme from a Nolan Batfilm like you can Williams' Superman theme or Elfman's Batman theme. This is what nam is saying.

Zimmer isn't bad, he just focuses on gimmicks and experimental sounds over coherent and iconic themes.

You can't hum a theme from a Nolan Batfilm like you can Williams' Superman theme or Elfman's Batman theme. This is what nam is saying.

I can hum the Pirates theme or the Gladiator 'Now we are free' piece, to name a couple of examples. :dunno

However I really don't think Zimmer would try to do a 'memorable' catchy theme for Superman, because the Williams' version could be considered to be too good to attempt to outdo it (and if you're not going to outdo it, there's no point).

So I think it may be a similar approach to the Nolan Batman films - which to me is better than Elfman's work on Burton's films but obviously everyone's going to have their own opinion about it.

However I really don't think Zimmer would try to do a 'memorable' catchy theme for Superman, because the Williams' version could be considered to be too good to attempt to outdo it (and if you're not going to outdo it, there's no point).
So I think it may be a similar approach to the Nolan Batman films.
Obviously he'd try to do that and that's the reason why it's not gonna be a 'memorable catchy theme'.

Awesome news. I like Zimmer. I'm no Nolan fangirl but I liked the scores for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception a lot. :rock

Superman needs a catchy theme. Period. The Fleischer toons, the Reeves show, the Christopher Reeves films, and even Superman TAS all had a heroic, catchy theme. If Zimmer isn't up to that then he's the wrong person for the job.

He needs a heroic theme yes. But it doesn't have to be catchy by definition

Maybe Zimmer does attempt to outdo Williams I don't know, just don't think he will at this point

Great news, I love Hans Zimmer and although Elfman´s Batman Theme is a classic, I overall liked Zimmer´s version more from the simple aspect of listening to the complete score more.

And now he´s doing Superman...that could end very interesting.
Looking forward to it...

I figured he would use Tyler Bates.

Believe it or not, Zack originally wanted John Williams (including an all-new theme, oddly). I'm not sure why he didn't get the gig... if he turned it down or if Nolan & co. just really lobbied hard for Zimmer.

Zimmer is more accomplished than Bates, but he also brings some baggage. I fear his score will either sound just like Gladiator/POTC, or be too abstract like his Batman scores. Neither of these works for Superman. He needs to dig deep and surprise us with something we've not heard from him in a long time, if ever.

Back