Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I hope they don't. Superman's costume is about as iconic as the character himself. It should never change. I hope they go the similar route as in Superman Returns.

I sure hope they DO NOT go anywhere near the SR suit... so many things wrong with it. Color, Cape, Texture, Speedos, The "S" Overload and Redundancy and finally the high Neckline... i mean, the idea that it was cut lower on the neck like what Superman has somewhat consistently had over the years was so he could wear it under common clothes... the SR version would not technically allow for that... Crapola.

I say keep it basic like what Reeve had, or even Dean Cain's L&C style... I liked the darker blue.

Simple is Superman.

M.

So most of you want the suit to remain untouched. Heck why not just have Cavill wear Georgge Reeves' suit and be done with it.
I'm not saying make it black, but make it different than all the other suits and make it modern.
Just look at Spidey's new suit, some hate it, some like it(me) but it is new and still has the Spidey look and feel.

I actually love Routh's suit, but strongly dislike the new Spidey suit. I'm weird like that.

I'm fine with some changes to the suit if the movie is good. I'm not talking Black latex with cg rainbows or anything, but a few tweaks are to be expected. The suit itself in the comics has been through some changes. (no he hasn't always had red boots). Nothing drastic, but something that has the feel of the character (like Batman's black suit) would be okay. I'm even fine with them losing the briefs.

as for the new spidey suit, I'm on the fence I'd be willing to bet that the reason for the big change is that they didn't want a connection to the old movies.

Erica Durance is the best Lois ever - they will never cast her though. I'd be happy with Biel or someone like that. I'm confident Nolan won't be an idiot and cast someone like Megan Fox.

Isnt that the one with the little S everywhere and people got all mad over that. I liked that suit i didnt know why people got all upset. I just hated that horrible movie.

The problem with Superman Returns was... it was boring.

Anyway, I liked the Returns suit but the S should have been a little bigger.

I don't see Snyder changing the look of the suit too much - judging from '300' and 'Watchmen' his costume designs have kept the comic looks for the most part.

No more realistic ____ for a Superman movie. I want to see a huge overblown action special effects laden epic!!! I want to see Superman and (insert villian) lay waste to city blocks in a battle so over the top it will make my eyes bleed.

Thats what I want.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

NEED ACTION! Epic, unbridled, heart pounding, mind numbing action that will cripple your senses, loosen your bowels and release your bladder.

NEED ACTION! Epic, unbridled, heart pounding, mind numbing action that will cripple your senses, loosen your bowels and release your bladder.

Yes, yes. But we also don't need a Michael Bay movie. We need the blue Boyscout, we need some kind of Lois interaction. (just way supes is) We need good deed Clark. We just gotta have action that when the time comes, it's time to get down to ____in business.

I have a feeling this film will be like Watchmen. I think it had a lot of story and some good action sequences.

I STILL think Zooey Deschanel would make a terrific Lois. She has the look, the personality, the chops...

But whoever they choose will have to read with Henry and share screen chemistry.

I STILL think Zooey Deschanel would make a terrific Lois. She has the look, the personality, the chops...

But whoever they choose will have to read with Henry and share screen chemistry.

Apparently she's the all around girl. Marc Webb wants her for Betty Brant in the SM movies. (must be thought highly of) I agree she's got the chops!

You know...Routh had such a likeness ( in my opinion so dont kill me) to CR..that I am a bit sad that he won't be returning. I wonder what did it to kill him off.

Nothing Routh did actually. He was applauded by many critics as being the best part of Superman Returns. The reason he wasn't considered is because WB/DC wanted absolutely nothing to do with the old film and so none of the principals were considered again.

Erica Durance is the best Lois ever - they will never cast her though. I'd be happy with Biel or someone like that. I'm confident Nolan won't be an idiot and cast someone like Megan Fox.

Nolan isn't casting. According to what I've read online he had nothing to do with Cavill's casting either. It was all Synder and Synder will be casting Lois. I don't think he'll cast a Megan Fox styled character (who knows maybe he'll go to his "Johnny Depp" and use Carla Gugino) but I have a feeling he'll go for someone who is a stronger woman and still attractive instead of someone who is drop dead gorgeous especially going by his past casting choices.

I don't see Snyder changing the look of the suit too much - judging from '300' and 'Watchmen' his costume designs have kept the comic looks for the most part.

I am thinking this as well, that we'll get something more like the comic suit from Synder than we would from other directors.

I have a feeling this film will be like Watchmen. I think it had a lot of story and some good action sequences.

I'm hoping so. I loved Watchmen and it's dedication to the source despite people not fully loving it. I'm hoping that the story will be strong and Synder still keeps to the sources as he has done in the past.

Zack Snyder is helming this thing. This movie will have nothing realistic. It will be wall to wall action. I'm so looking forward to this movie. As long as they don't fauk the suit up.

All I'm worried about is that Snyders track record has been fairly dark, violent movies (300, Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen) Now in those examples he was being true to the source material, they were violent stories.

I just don't want to see some exotic sex scene between Lois and Clark, or Superman tearing someone's heart out. Or dropping the f-bomb like this

e42f394106c92db30b29eeda5954ca9899791e2c.jpg

It doesn't have to be a kids movie, but it doesn't have to be an ultra violent, sex fest either.

Back