Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Never seen him on screen before but he certainly has the look, can't wait for this!!!

I'm wrapped with this casting! I'm hoping for a modern take on the character with a awkward yet confident Clark Kent and head strong tough Superman...

I hope they dont get stupid with the suit.
Snyder seems to have good instincts though.

Interesting....

Early Sunday afternoon, it was revealed that Henry Cavill (Stardust, The Tudors, Immortals) had been cast as the man of steel in Zack Snyder‘s upcoming Superman film. But who did Cavill beat out for the roll? Find out after the jump.

Warner Bros and Christopher Nolan auditioned 28-32 year old actors in Los Angeles, New York, and London in November and December 2010. Heatvision is reporting that Cavill was one of the top three contenders since day one, and was invited for a callback in January, where he met Zack Snyder for the first time. The decision was made over this past week, but secrecy around the production meant that even Cavill’s CAA agents didn’t know that he won the role until early Sunday morning.

The list of actors who were in various stages of consideration include:

Matthew Goode (Ozymandias in Snyder’s Watchmen) is said to be Cavill’s closest contender, and even declined the title role in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter in hopes of winning Superman.
Matthew Bomer (White Collar, Chuck, Tru Calling)
Armie Hammer (The Social Network, Reaper, Gossip Girl)
Joe Manganiello (True Blood, One Tree Hill, Spider-Man 3)
Colin O’Donaghue (The Rite)

Thank heaven it wasnt Goode or Bomer.
Interesting Routh wasnt even mentioned, pity.

I'll be honest and say I don't care much for it. As much as I like British and Australian men ( :drool ), they sure seem to be getting the cream of the crop with American movies and TV these days. Do they work cheaper? :dunno

Please tell me Captain America isn't played by a German! :lol

For the most part Brits are better actors, hands down. There are some fine American actors just like there are good actors all over the world but the British have definitely refined it. I don't care who plays the character as long as they are good. Although considering that Superman himself is Kryptonian and happened to land in the US and isn't actually American makes me laugh a bit when people complain about non-Americans playing him. Honestly they could cast a South African as Captain America and I wouldn't care as long as it was played well, it doesn't change Steve Rogers from being one.

For the most part Brits are better actors, hands down. There are some fine American actors just like there are good actors all over the world but the British have definitely refined it. I don't care who plays the character as long as they are good. Although considering that Superman himself is Kryptonian and happened to land in the US and isn't actually American makes me laugh a bit when people complain about non-Americans playing him. Honestly they could cast a South African as Captain America and I wouldn't care as long as it was played well, it doesn't change Steve Rogers from being one.

I'd agree, most of my favorite actors are brits.

I've always liked cavill... since the count of monte cristo... Just to add to his misfortunes he was also stephanie meyer's first and ideal choice to play edward in twilight.. but was deemed too old.. (dont ask me.. my ex told me)

he looks great but its only about 6'1.

Never heard of him, nor have I seen any of his work. Looks the part, glad I know nothing about him, I can go into the movie with zero preconceptions.

Superman was raised in Kansas. As long as he sounds "American" that's all that really matters.

Back