Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plot and script of PROMETHEUS is just as convoluted and poorly-written as MAN OF STEEL, if not even moreso. So we're good. ;)

OH DONT EVEN TRY IT!!!

Please point us to even one plot-point of MoS on a par with two scientists getting lost in an alien structure WHICH IS COMPLETELY HOLOGRAPHICALLY MAPPED ON THEIR SHIP, and they don't ask for help from the people standing around looking at the hologram!!! and are mysteriously completely unable to find their way out.

Please point me to even one second of MoS on a par with two lost, idiot scientists going "Awwww, how cute is he?!!!!" to an alien organism and reaching out to pet it, when it is obviously in leave-me-alone mode.

I could go on! You compare shiny red fruit to round, uneven orange fruits, my friend.

But Superman doesn't pay taxes or do Jury duty, Clark as the citizen does that but Superman is above citizenship as he's a persona.

Did they give him citizenship in the comics years ago? Like in a key to the city or "you may no be born here but we value you as one of us" ceremony that gave him citizenship status. Because that's the only way taking it away in AC 900 would make sense or mean anything.
He basically goes before the United Nations and says "I am no longer a citizen of the United States". That's fairly cut-and-dried. No need to get into semantics on Superman as a persona not having a Birth Certificate.

Now, it's since been wiped away by the New 52. My point is just that the cornball who concocted this idea is one David S. Goyer, and he's effectively been handed the keys to the DC movie universe.

Be careful, I called Legolas' dad a fruit (pineapple) and I got a slap on the hand in the Hobbit thread.

Calling Superman a red, round fruit ain't gonna end well.

OH DONT EVEN TRY IT!!!

Please point us to even one plot-point of MoS on a par with two scientists getting lost in an alien structure WHICH IS COMPLETELY HOLOGRAPHICALLY MAPPED ON THEIR SHIP, and they don't ask for help from the people standing around looking at the hologram!!! and are mysteriously completely unable to find their way out.

Please point me to even one second of MoS on a par with two lost, idiot scientists going "Awwww, how cute is he?!!!!" to an alien organism and reaching out to pet it, when it is obviously in leave-me-alone mode.

I could go on! You compare shiny red fruit to round, uneven orange fruits, my friend.
Relax. I basically said that the PROMETHEUS script it worse. And indeed it is quite dumb. Mindbogglingly so at times. But MOS has its own issues as well. Not nearly as blatant, but it's hardly a water-tight script.

The plot and script of PROMETHEUS is just as convoluted and poorly-written as MAN OF STEEL, if not even moreso. So we're good. ;)

Prometheus-EW-17.jpg

Have people already forgotten than Goyer was a contributing writer on Action Comics #900? You know, the infamous issue where Superman renounces his American citizenship?

We have this prole on the creative frontlines of the DC movie universe and people want to debate about stuff like muted color pallets and too much destruction in MOS? Oy.

I would have had to have known that first (or cared) to have forgotten it. And I wasn't complaining about the destruction of the city, I simply commented that adding little "hero moments" of random citizen rescue throughout the mayhem would have been cool.

I would have had to have known that first (or cared) to have forgotten it. And I wasn't complaining about the destruction of the city, I simply commented that adding little "hero moments" of random citizen rescue throughout the mayhem would have been cool.

Oh, I agree with you. And I wasn't referencing you specifically... just these mostly trivial things that have dominated the thread since the movie came out.

Superman is Clark. Clark is Superman. And from almost the beginning he was meant to stand for "Truth, Justice and the American way." Of course, that has since been completely diluted... culminating in that embarrassing bit of PC pablum in Action #900.

No he didn't. In the original comics it was just Truth and Justice. then kind of like how we added In God We Trust to our money, the same was done to Superman. That line was added long after ny the 1952 television show. The Fliescher cartoons which predate the show said he fought a never ending battle for "Truth and Justice." No American way.

I don't see how it's physically possible for that Wolverine's claw to be that long and thing, yet be completely indestructible.

Relax. I basically said that the PROMETHEUS script it worse. And indeed it is quite dumb. Mindbogglingly so at times. But MOS has its own issues as well. Not nearly as blatant, but it's hardly a water-tight script.

True, but I can think of no films off the top of my head which DO NOT have inconsistencies. The thing is, how many of them are there?

True, but I can think of no films off the top of my head which DO NOT have inconsistencies. The thing is, how many of them are there?

Although I know what you are saying and agree, there is a marked difference in movie making inconsistencies for the sake of story and the stuff at the levels of complaints people seem to have with projects with the names Goyer or Lindelof attached.

Its more the degree of which it happens is what I would guess.

I did like that the fire coming out from Krypton's core were shaped like the crystal towers that destroyed Krypton on S1.

Just got back from my 5th showing, couldn't resist with my brother taking his kids.

It's cool knowing that my multiple viewings keeps Irish Jedi employed. :lol

Anyone catch during the flashback statue scene when Jor shows Kal the representation of his ship heading to earth, it looks just like the one in Superman the Motion Picture.

Well thought out and constructed films like A History of Violence, Fargo, or There Will Be Blood avoid these things. But admittedly, tentpole summer blockbusters don't need to be very well thought out.

It's not about a film not having inconstancies, it's about films tricking you into thinking it's a flawless movie.

I think there's some truth to that, in the sense that if you buy into what the movie is selling, you can overlook some of the wacky things that go on. In this film (and Dark Knight Rises) I personally got pulled out of the movie and so the problems were more stark.

Back