Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good Superman movie has been a long time coming. Being a massive fan of the character and the people involved im thrilled with the movie. I hope they get the gears moving on a sequel ASAP, but keep everyone on board and let zack finish his vision. They have a real strong grasp of the material i feel.

Plus i got to meet The Man of Steel himself!

Saw it yesterday. Really liked it, but it could easily have been better if they had changed a couple of things. But I'm sure that's already been talked about at length. :lol Definitely my favorite of the movies Zack has done however. Good to see him coming back around from Watchmen and Sucker Punch. :clap

I went in knowing that Superman kills Zod, but I loved how they did that. I was expecting him to be more accepting of it, but they really showed his anguish over being forced to do it well!

Oh and the way Pa Kent died was ****ing retarded and unnecessary. :lol

Box Office Mojo:

After setting a new opening weekend record for the month of June, Man of Steel ended the month in the top spot with $248.6 million. It's already out-grossed 2006's Superman Returns ($200 million), and despite a steep second weekend drop it's still in line for a final total around $300 million. Add in strong overseas grosses (it should get to $400 million) and this is a major win for Warner Bros.

To sum it up

That being said, Fast and the Furious will also get to 700 million worldwide, amazing for a part 6!

Studio winners so far:

1. Disney first to go over a billion for 2013
2. WB

Biggest Loser:

Sony pictures (thanks After Earth/White House Down)

Last edited:
Box Office Mojo:

After setting a new opening weekend record for the month of June, Man of Steel ended the month in the top spot with $248.6 million. It's already out-grossed 2006's Superman Returns ($200 million), and despite a steep second weekend drop it's still in line for a final total around $300 million. Add in strong overseas grosses (it should get to $400 million) and this is a major win for Warner Bros.

To sum it up

That being said, Fast and the Furious will also get to 700 million worldwide, amazing for a part 6!

Studio winners so far:

2. WB

Biggest Loser:

700+million is good for MOS. But I can't believe F&F6 made that much, gangsta

Box Office Mojo:

To sum it up

Studio winners so far:

2. WB

Biggest Loser:

WB still has Pacific Rim which hopefully does very well.

Isn't Sony behind Despicable Me 2? If so that will help ease the blow of those first 2.

Disney could be in trouble if the lone Ranger reviews are any indication.

I just realized there are actually more posts in this thread than the TDKR. That is insane and unexpected.

And 'Void is not the top poster!!!!

jye4ever 1,325
CelticPredator 745
intothevoid 611
IrishJedi 498
Uncanny Web-Slinger 416
DiFabio 386
batfan08 352
GasparZizou 347
thenammagazine 290
Niltusk 279

Jye with no life. :monkey1

Celtic 745 whine posts. :lol

And Irish with 500 defense posts!!!

:rock :rock :rock

henry-cavill-zack-snyder-man-of-steel.jpg

No. I just hang around his office once every couple of months and eat the snack foods. :yess:

BTW, this is now officially post #500 for me.

zack-snyder-superman-shirt.jpg

I'm not mad about TDKR at all. I'm glad Nolanites have their Bat trilogy. It's all good. But I'm ready to see a more proper Batman, that's for sure. :yess:

That said, you seem to be missing a key element to this comparison: I actually had personal reasons to want to see MAN OF STEEL be successful, and have been pretty upfront about that all this time. :nana:

This isn't the usual "my franchise is better than yours" B.S.

A better question would be... why were TDKR fans defending that film much more assertively than I've defended MOS even though they had no personal stake in it? :dunno

Oh you have GOT to be kidding, I really hope you are. What with all the "nit" picking you did against TDKR, a much bigger success that MoS. Are YOU still mad bro? :monkey3

Come on, compare first flick to first flick. MOS is crushing Batman Begins at making money. :lol

Back