Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not mad about TDKR at all. I'm glad Nolanites have their Bat trilogy. It's all good. But I'm ready to see a more proper Batman, that's for sure. :yess:

That said, you seem to be missing a key element to this comparison: I actually had personal reasons to want to see MAN OF STEEL be successful, and have been pretty upfront about that all this time. :nana:

This isn't the usual "my franchise is better than yours" B.S.

A better question would be... why were TDKR fans defending that film much more assertively than I've defended MOS even though they had no personal stake in it? :dunno
Love of the character maybe?:slap

A better question would be... why were TDKR fans defending that film much more assertively than I've defended MOS even though they had no personal stake in it? :dunno

All fans have a personal stake in these movies. I guaran-damn-tee you I was more personally invested in seeing Captain America: The First Avenger do well than many who were actually involved in the production. :D

;)

:rock :rock :rock

henry-cavill-zack-snyder-man-of-steel.jpg
Y'know, these guys may be pretty average as far as film entertainers go, but they totally don't look like douchebags to me. You can't say that for a lot of guys in their industry. And in my eyes, that's a huge plus. Congrats on your success, Snyder and new Superman guy. :clap

Y'know, these guys may be pretty average as far as film entertainers go, but they totally don't look like douchebags to me. You can't say that for a lot of guys in their industry. And in my eyes, that's a huge plus. Congrats on your success, Snyder and new Superman guy. :clap

I agree with that. In every single interview I've ever seen of Snyder he's *always* smiling with that "hey I'm just enjoying myself and glad to be here, I hope you are too" kind of way.

I love Superman. I'm reading the Man Of Steel novelization right now trying to see what Goyer was going for in the movie. I have the soundtrack. Trying to see what Zimmer was doing with the music. So far the book is better than the music.

I agree with that. In every single interview I've ever seen of Snyder he's *always* smiling with that "hey I'm just enjoying myself and glad to be here, I hope you are too" kind of way.
Yeah, he shows up on the Watchmen Blu Ray and I get the same impression. Ultimately, this is entertainment, and I try to judge it on those merits without focusing much on the personalities. Otherwise, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to enjoy half the movies and music I like because fame of that sort seems to quickly turns people into douchers. But it is nice to see a guy who seems like a good guy succeed, and so I'll be inclined to root for those guys.

Yeah, he's pretty much always positive. And he's a legit geek about certain things (especially Star Wars). I think part of why he and Debbie work so well together is because she can do the "bad cop" work that comes with the Producer role. Can't even imagine Zack doing that stuff if he had to.

And they're really good people. They've now adopted 5 kids from improvised countries. That's on top of the 5 of their own they already have. Other than making movies (and going to the gym) they're all about family.

Also, he uses the word "awesome" at least once every-other sentence. :lol

Personally, I found the movie to be completely forgettable and a little boring. Zod was uninteresting completely and the movie was devoid of all humor...

Glad some liked this, but won't care if a sequel is done or not

Yeah, he's pretty much always positive. And he's a legit geek about certain things (especially Star Wars). I think part of why he and Debbie work so well together is because she can do the "bad cop" work that comes with the Producer role. Can't even imagine Zack doing that stuff if he had to.

And they're really good people. They've now adopted 5 kids from improvised countries. That's on top of the 5 of their own they already have. Other than making movies (and going to the gym) they're all about family.

Also, he uses the word "awesome" at least once every-other sentence. :lol

Zach Snyder has always seemed like a cool guy to know. I love watching is Watchmen commentary thing. I wish WB would do more films with that in there. You get the sense that he truly loves what he does, and if the money was gone, he would still want to do this.

I've liked Cavil since Tudors. I was hoping Immortals would be a big break for him. I was excited when they announced he got the role of Superman. I was not disappointed. Congrats to everyone involved on the film's success.

You mean Snyder doesn't walk around with an entourage like Justin Bieber does. :lol

I was reading that Bieber has 20 people with him at all public appearances, one just to hand him water and open his door. :slap

Celtic, you frequent his shows, is that true. :lol

Last edited:
You mean Snyder doesn't walk around with an entourage like Justin Bieber does. :lol

I was reading that Bieber has 20 people with him at all public appearances, one just to hand him water and open his door. :slap

Celtic, you frequent his shows, is that true.

I don't think CP can answer you right now...he's handing Bieber a bottle of water and/or toilet paper. :monkey3

Zod was uninteresting completely and the movie was devoid of all humor...
I agree with the lack of (good) humor. But I thought Supes himself and Zod, while nothing mindblowing, were quite serviceable. I think the guy playing Zod is actually really good at conveying messages simply through his expressions, posture, and mannerisms. He did the same thing on Boardwalk Empire. But he did feel a bit less. . .visceral than he could have been. When they started talking about how the Kryptonians were all engineered clones of a sort with predetermined roles and personalities I thought it sort of made sense how many of those characters seemed a bit more bland than they could have been. But I don't think that was intentional.

Back