Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blah, blah, blah... Nit, nit, nit... pick, pick, pick...

MAN OF STEEL is a success.

You mad, bros?
941167_10201547745003251_2058390064_n.jpg

Best post in this entire thread, IMO! :rock :lecture :yess:

I disagree with this totally! Batman begins did it right. Gave us characters in flash backs that told who he was, showed us how he got there, caught some crooks thereby showing his intent. Yes he did some damage, and yes some were hurt, and the bad guy was killed at the end. But when it was over the character was established and proven that he wanted to help. And it was at the beginning of his role.

Change Batman Begins to Man of Steel and 'caught some crooks' to 'saved some lives' and you've got a perfect description of Man of Steel.

Last edited:
I disagree with this totally! Batman begins did it right. Gave us characters in flash backs that told who he was, showed us how he got there, caught some crooks thereby showing his intent. Yes he did some damage, and yes some were hurt, and the bad guy was killed at the end. But when it was over the character was established and proven that he wanted to help. And it was at the beginning of his role.

Clark did save people. A school bus of his peers, those guys on the oil rig. The Colonel and his men. At the end The military and Lois know he's there to help, just like Gordon knows Bruce is there to help. The story told in MoS was good. It conveyed everything it needed to. Yes, it could have been tighter, but so could every story.

Oh, and the Avengers were so broken up about all the damage they caused, they went to eat Schwarma after the battle. Those guys are heroes!!

Clark did save people. A school bus of his peers, those guys on the oil rig. The Colonel and his men. At the end The military and Lois know he's there to help, just like Gordon knows Bruce is there to help. The story told in MoS was good. It conveyed everything it needed to. Yes, it could have been tighter, but so could every story.

Oh, and the Avengers were so broken up about all the damage they caused, they went to eat Schwarma after the battle. Those guys are heroes!!

Ok, I agree that no story is perfect. But I do feel that Goyer and Snyder was so caught up in changing the character to today's standards that they told a flawed story that did more harm to the character than good. We could go on forever talking about this but please let's just end this now.

Ok, I agree that no story is perfect. But I do feel that Goyer and Snyder was so caught up in changing the character to today's standards that they told a flawed story that did more harm to the character than good. We could go on forever talking about this but please let's just end this now.

I agree, so lets change subjects: I propose the geopolitical and socioeconomic situation in Cuba, and how it's future will effect the rest of Latin America. Or we could talk other superheroe stuff. Any thoughts on The Wolverine?

I didn't walk away from the movie feeling satisfied with that Superman story, and after it has had time to linger I still don't feel that way. But this is a Nolan influenced Superman. Considering that, I think we're fortunate that it wasn't darker, more convoluted, or more cynical than it was. It works for a large audience, and from a business POV, I think it was the right general approach. And ultimately, I can go home tonight, read a few issues of Alan Moore's Supreme, and enjoy the kind of Superman story that I personally think best captures the character. One nice thing about this guy is that there are all kinds of films, comics, and cartoons about him in some form or other to satisfy nearly any audience.

I still felt more emotion and related to things more in TDKR Trilogy and MOS than the Avengers, and I liked Avengers alot

Just discovered this Fan Film. Sure some of you have already seen it. But I thought it was done pretty good for a Fan Film.

[ame]https://youtu.be/SqF9OwwaL-A[/ame]

He says that he used bits from different movie to tell the Story of Superman Doomsday...it's in the the disclosure.

I think he's referring to them re-using the same shots within the fan film itself.

Still, a good effort. I like the look Batman gives Wonder Woman after Superman and Lois starting making out. It's like, "So, we gonna do it too, or what?" :lol

I liked it and it shows without a doubt the potential of a great Justice League film

My thoughts exactly.

I think he's referring to them re-using the same shots within the fan film itself.

Still, a good effort. I like the look Batman gives Wonder Woman after Superman and Lois starting making out. It's like, "So, we gonna do it too, or what?" :lol

LOL, I thought the same thing.

I like how he use Kate Beckinsale as Lois.

:wave

tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500.gif

Back