Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sin City too, probably.

How does the whole rating thing work, Just no blood and gore?

Because Wolverine really murdered those guys in X2, Loki jammed that thing into the guys eye and swirled it about in Avengers, magneto drove a coin through a mans Skull, those are pretty violent but get a pass. :huh

I just had an epiphany. Theres not alot of crappy rated R comic book flicks. :lecture
The only movies out of those just listed that i don't consider pretty damn good flicks are the Punisher and thats definitely due to my bias of how he should be onscreen.

And how many kids are into those? Come on.

I wasn't debating the amount of children into them, but the fact there are already comic book movies being made as rated R.

When I was a "kid" all of my friends were into Punisher. You could easily make a Wolerine movie in a similar vein, thats why we were just discussing yesterday making two cuts and releasing an R Rated the Wolverine on BR when it comes out. Theres really no reason not to, the violence level in from Wolverine and the Punisher are basically the same thats why they've had so many crossovers. It can be done and it has been done, its just whether the payoff is there that the studios will always look for.

And how many kids are into those? Come on.

I was reading pretty violent Deadpool, Wolverine, Punisher etc comics when I was quite young. The 90s and late 80s had some pretty violent stuff coming out of the major publishers. Lot's of blood and limbs hacked off etc. Even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles use to hack people up and kids use to love Jason and Freddy in the 80s.

...and theres people that were actually watching that onscreen thinking, "wow, this is cool".

Not many, but they were out there. My neighbor places this movie in his top 10 and finds this battle to be "epic".

Yep, I **** you not. :lol

Must be the same people who are crazy about MOS.

:nana:

I'm trying to imagine myself as a 5-6 year old, and wondering if I could enjoy something like Man of Steel or the Nolan Bat-movies. I'm not sure I could. The Marvel ones, sure. I get that's not what WB is going for, but it makes me kind of sad on some level that kids won't be getting into Superman and Batman based on the movies.

Speak for yourself.

asajemuh.jpg

a3u9aqy5.jpg

Just a question to those who bought the soundtrack, does it seem like the volume leveling is quite low?

Compared to some of the other music I have (including other Han Zimmer WB scores, namely from the Dark Knight Trilogy)...I always have to turn Man of Steel up to hear it. Even the high points aren't as loud as some of the low point from other soundtracks I have.

Just want to make sure it's not my version. I DLed it from iTunes..

That's great news! That means they didn't normalise the soundtrack to hell. You'll get better sound quality that way IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was reading pretty violent Deadpool, Wolverine, Punisher etc comics when I was quite young. The 90s and late 80s had some pretty violent stuff coming out of the major publishers. Lot's of blood and limbs hacked off etc. Even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles use to hack people up and kids use to love Jason and Freddy in the 80s.

That was then, this is now.

I guess as always, I didn't spell things out clear enough for people to understand where I'm at.

If The Avengers was rated R, I'm betting it wouldn't have made as much money as it did. Same with MOS, Spidey or the Iron Man movies.

Do you think making an R rated Ninja Turtle movie would make as much money as a PG-13 one? No it wouldn't, and the studios want to make as much money as they can.

A PG Blade or some of those others listed would be pretty hard to make, and the audiences targeted are different.

I know it's a joke, but that's still a low-blow. The films are barely comparable.

I'm gonna lie. I can enjoy Wolverine as a mindless, and campy piece of entertainment. The thing about even the lesser Marvel movies is that there is a harmless fun about them. Sure MOS is technically a better film, but I can't deny the ridiculous kick I get out of XMO.

I wasn't debating the amount of children into them, but the fact there are already comic book movies being made as rated R.

When I was a "kid" all of my friends were into Punisher. You could easily make a Wolerine movie in a similar vein, thats why we were just discussing yesterday making two cuts and releasing an R Rated the Wolverine on BR when it comes out. Theres really no reason not to, the violence level in from Wolverine and the Punisher are basically the same thats why they've had so many crossovers. It can be done and it has been done, its just whether the payoff is there that the studios will always look for.

I wouldn't mind an R rated blu or uncut version of almost anything, but we rarely get those.

Back