Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig Wolverine: Origin. Its something I don't mind watching when I'm in the mood. Man of Steel though is one of my top five comic book movies of all time.

Wolverine only cried in one scene, when he discovered his girlfriend dead.

______

This is a good watch, thought about making thread for it discussing want viewers want from superhero movies but.

Anyway.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dAXsPr7vo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dAXsPr7vo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I agree that balance is the key, too much drama and not enough superherory stuff is bad (Superman Returns) not enough drama and too much superherory stuff is bad (Batman & Robin)

Spider-Man 2 has the perfect balance imo.

Man of Steel provides both but is too disjointed from one another

...and theres people that were actually watching that onscreen thinking, "wow, this is cool".

Not many, but they were out there. My neighbor places this movie in his top 10 and finds this battle to be "epic".

Yep, I **** you not. :lol

It's a fine but forgettable action scene, nothing great about it but also nothing terrible either :dunno

I'm trying to imagine myself as a 5-6 year old, and wondering if I could enjoy something like Man of Steel or the Nolan Bat-movies. I'm not sure I could. The Marvel ones, sure. I get that's not what WB is going for, but it makes me kind of sad on some level that kids won't be getting into Superman and Batman based on the movies.

It's a fine but forgettable action scene, nothing great about it but also nothing terrible either :dunno

I'm glad it worked for you, don't see how hard it is to make a decent Deadpool, they could have watched this for inspiration and skipped the whole arm blades and "lazer beam" eyes.
[ame="https://youtu.be/zLCLRkYElAI"]https://youtu.be/zLCLRkYElAI[/ame]

Hell, the Deadpool Gangnam video guys did a better job than Origins did with Deadpool.

Oh I hate what they did to DP on XOW.

-They gave him heat vision ala Cyclops/Superman.
-They put his Katanas in his forearms ala Wolverine.
-They gave him teleportation, even when he only teleports when he wears Cable's harness.
-And last but not least, THEY TOOK AWAY HIS MOUTH! :slap

The movie is not that bad, but of all the things DP allows you to do as a filmmaker, all the writing freedom that character provides, they managed to **** him up :dunno

I think his only good line was: "Ok, people are dead" which was very funny :lol

I'm glad it worked for you, don't see how hard it is to make a decent Deadpool, they could have watched this for inspiration and skipped the whole arm blades and "lazer beam" eyes.
https://youtu.be/zLCLRkYElAI

Hell, the Deadpool Gangnam video guys did a better job than Origins did with Deadpool.

They screwed up Deadpool sure, but that action scene you referenced was fine for what it was

Even taking Deadpool out of the equation, which I have, I still think the film stinks to high heaven. The only good thing about it is the 5 minutes we have with Reynolds.

Everything else. Horrible trash. Visually dull, boring action, Wolverine is just a nice dude....and that old couple? The hell.

Wolverine: Origins is the worst comic movie of the modern comic movie era, or at least a tie for worst with Catwoman.

I'm trying to imagine myself as a 5-6 year old, and wondering if I could enjoy something like Man of Steel or the Nolan Bat-movies. I'm not sure I could. The Marvel ones, sure. I get that's not what WB is going for, but it makes me kind of sad on some level that kids won't be getting into Superman and Batman based on the movies.

My son is 10 and the only one he could sit through and was interested in was TDK, because of The Joker and Two-Face. That's it. Wasn't interested in Avengers, BB, TDKR, Man of Steel (I asked him if he wanted to see it and he said he'd rather see Despicable Me 2!) none of them. So iunno.

There were a lot of Kindergarten kids at my school who love the Avengers and Spiderman. Batman, Hulk. They are allowed to watch those movies.

I'd say Spiderman was the big winner though.

My son is 10 and the only one he could sit through and was interested in was TDK, because of The Joker and Two-Face. That's it. Wasn't interested in Avengers, BB, TDKR, Man of Steel (I asked him if he wanted to see it and he said he'd rather see Despicable Me 2!) none of them. So iunno.
Interesting. Those Reeve Superman movies and the Burton Batman movies were very heavily marketed to kids, so at least we wanted to see them. I honestly don't know what kids are into these days, though I have imagined that Pixar has replaced a lot of what used to be good, live action movies that could appeal to both kids and adults (like Raiders, the original Star Wars, Ghostbusters). I figured kids could get into stuff like Spider-Man and Captain America, but part if it probably is how it is marketed.

My 5-year-old son loves the Nolan Batman movies. The car. The Joker. Bane. The whole nine yards. The first half hour to an hour of Begins and TDKR are a bit slow for him .. but, then again, so is the first part of Superman: The Movie. He doesn't appreciate them to the same extent a more sophisticated movie viewer can ... but he certainly talks about them a lot. He certainly likes them to the exact same extent he loves 89 Batman, The Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-man, etc. They're deeper than most ... but not so deep that a kid doesn't see all the cool stuff.

He hasn't seen MOS yet ... but he's raved about the commercials.

SnakeDoc

I don't know. I think they made him a little too soft in the movies.

Let's face it. They have to make these movies to appeal to a wide audience and having Wolverine or any of these comic book characters as killing machines or "animals" wouldn't do that.

I doubt you'll ever see an R rated comic movie, unless Celtic makes it. :lol

Let's face it. They have to make these movies to appeal to a wide audience and having Wolverine or any of these comic book characters as killing machines or "animals" wouldn't do that.

I doubt you'll ever see an R rated comic movie, unless Celtic makes it. :lol

Which follows back to this

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dAXsPr7vo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dAXsPr7vo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

They screwed up Deadpool sure, but that action scene you referenced was fine for what it was

Of course the scene was fine for you. :lol

Smart kid. :lecture

Back