Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO 3D doesn't add anything to the experience at all, except maybe mild dizziness and headache.

If done right it does. And I don't really see the difference between watching 3D at home and wearing glasses and wearing glasses at the theater.

James Cameron: Man of Steel Didn't Use 3D "Properly"

Filmmaker points to Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 as abusers of 3D.
July 8, 2013
by Max Nicholson

In James Cameron's opinion, Hollywood is abusing 3D in movies -- and he's got two summer blockbuster examples to back it up!

"Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 and all those movies should not necessarily be in 3D," the filmmaker explained at the Tag DF technology forum last week in Mexico City. "If you spend $150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to be spectacular, perfect."
Cameron continued, "[It's] one thing [to shoot] in 3D and another to convert to 3D," noting that it's a matter of studios "[trying] to make money" and "pushing 3D to directors who are not comfortable or do not like 3D."

Right now, Cameron is penning the scripts for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3. Time will tell if the director can "more effectively" utilize the 3D format once again.

I am so tired of fake 3D, and Cameron is right. If its your intention to show your movie in 3D then film it in 3D. Adding it on after its done makes it look cheap and bad. Star Wars 3D was horrible so were Clash of The Titans, and a few others that were converted after being made. Please Hollywood just stop with the 3D madness!

The problem is it's stuffed down your throat in cinemas. Most of the cinemas I've been to in the past yr tend to reserve their biggest screens for 3D showings. If there is a 2D option it is almost always on a smaller screen.

All our theaters around here show both versions. Not everyone can watch 3d so I can't imagine a theater letting sales go elsewhere.

Check out what my theatre does. The first show before 12 is always five dollars. I go with the fam to see a movie but the first 2d show is at 12:30, but the first 3d show is at 11:45. So the theatre charges a higher price for the first 2d showing and a higher price for the first 3d showing because its 3d. I complained and the manager said what they always say, "we're not forcing you to see it." My kids was looking forward to seeing the movie too.

I complained and the manager said what they always say, "we're not forcing you to see it."
Some swell customer service right there :lol

I have no interest in the 3-D gimmick, but like KD says I always have the 2-D option so it doesn't bother me. I have no idea what the screen sizes are, but I figure once they are regular movie theater size they are big enough for me. I don't need to watch movies on Imax. I could just sit closer to the front if I wanted the image to take up more of my field of vision.

I was bugged once when I went to see a movie in London though, and the screen was just a few times larger than a big-screen TV :lol But I've never seen anything in the U.S. like that.

But are the 2D versions played on the biggest screens for you guys?
All the screen sizes in the theaters here are the same so its not an issue.

Check out what my theatre does. The first show before 12 is always five dollars. I go with the fam to see a movie but the first 2d show is at 12:30, but the first 3d show is at 11:45. So the theatre charges a higher price for the first 2d showing and a higher price for the first 3d showing because its 3d. I complained and the manager said what they always say, "we're not forcing you to see it." My kids was looking forward to seeing the movie too.

Is this a word problem!?!?!?! :google

James Cameron: Man of Steel Didn't Use 3D "Properly"

Filmmaker points to Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 as abusers of 3D.
July 8, 2013
by Max Nicholson

In James Cameron's opinion, Hollywood is abusing 3D in movies -- and he's got two summer blockbuster examples to back it up!

"Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 and all those movies should not necessarily be in 3D," the filmmaker explained at the Tag DF technology forum last week in Mexico City. "If you spend $150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to be spectacular, perfect."
Cameron continued, "[It's] one thing [to shoot] in 3D and another to convert to 3D," noting that it's a matter of studios "[trying] to make money" and "pushing 3D to directors who are not comfortable or do not like 3D."

Right now, Cameron is penning the scripts for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3. Time will tell if the director can "more effectively" utilize the 3D format once again.

I totally agree and he is right. But it's not his fault lol
Just because he wanted to try something new and push the experience further, doesn't mean it's his fault.
You just need to know when to use it and when NOT to use it.

And post-converted 3D is the biggest problem. I wouldn't do it at all, unless you can do it RIGHT(ie Titanic, J. Park).

So don't watch the 3D versions. :dunno

The problem with that is, I still want to see it in my IMAX. With the bigger screen, big huge sound, comfy leather seats lol
So I had to see Man Of Steel this way ,and it was way awesome on on regards, except for the 3D.

So when the movie is IMAX 3D, I'm screwed. If I want to see the IMAX experience.

Oh well, at least Elysium coming up is IMAX, but not 3D. :yess:

The problem with that is, I still want to see it in my IMAX. With the bigger screen, big huge sound, comfy leather seats lol
So I had to see Man Of Steel this way ,and it was way awesome on on regards, except for the 3D.

So when the movie is IMAX 3D, I'm screwed. If I want to see the IMAX experience.

Oh well, at least Elysium coming up is IMAX, but not 3D. :yess:

A nearby theater was showing MOS in IMAX 3D and 2D.

Back