Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month Man of Steel director Zack Snyder commented on the Wayne Enterprises reference he placed in his new Superman movie. However, it turns out that wasn’t the only Easter egg included for Batman fans. In a recent interview with Empire, Snyder explained another Batman reference that fans may have missed:

When Zod’s tearing the building apart with his heat vision, there’s a Be Calm And Call Batman sign on the wall there, just really small. You might even have to stop the movie to see it but it’s definitely in there. That’s a Double Negative Productions [Easter Egg]. D Neg is the visual effects company here in London that worked on all the Dark Knight movies, and they definitely did that. And [when I saw it], I was like, “That’s awesome.”

998818_10201043615428471_1762998641_n.jpg

How did I miss that.

I mean, it's so obvious.

This has to be the most polarizing, big-budget superhero movie ever ever made. I have hardcore comic book-fan friends who love it and feel it's the greatest DC movie ever, and regular, moviegoing friends (many of them female) who virulently hate the movie.

That 57% rating on Rotten Tomatoes seems pretty spot on with the love it or hate it attitude.

Despite my criticisms, I'm actually fairly middle of the road and think it's okay at best. I just find it amusing how there's no general consensus.

He did that little salute after he murdered a depowered and defenseless Zod, but before he and lois smiiled and laughed directly after she murderd Ursa.

People back then didn't care :lol

All this talk about Supes killing Zod... It's like no one ever heard of healing comas around here. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

This has to be the most polarizing, big-budget superhero movie ever ever made. I have hardcore comic book-fan friends who love it and feel it's the greatest DC movie ever, and regular, moviegoing friends (many of them female) who virulently hate the movie.

That 57% rating on Rotten Tomatoes seems pretty spot on with the love it or hate it attitude.

Despite my criticisms, I'm actually fairly middle of the road and think it's okay at best. I just find it amusing how there's no general consensus.

TDKR.

All this talk about Supes killing Zod... It's like no one ever heard of healing comas around here. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

My father complained about the neck-snap ... but for a completely different reason than everybody else. He thought it was ridiculous that they spent 20-minutes delivering bone-shattering punches and throwing each other through buildings ... only to end it by snapping his neck.

If he could snap his neck now ... why not super-kick him in the nuts $10B in damage ago?

SnakeDoc

TDKR.

My father complained about the neck-snap ... but for a completely different reason than everybody else. He thought it was ridiculous that they spent 20-minutes delivering bone-shattering punches and throwing each other through buildings ... only to end it by snapping his neck.

If he could snap his neck now ... why not super-kick him in the nuts $10B in damage ago?

SnakeDoc

I'd still go with MOS. Despite being a sequel and making a **** ton of cash because of it, TDKR seems generally hated by nerds and regular people alike.

I'd still go with MOS. Despite being a sequel and making a **** ton of cash because of it, TDKR seems generally hated by nerds and regular people alike.

"Generally hated"? I was thinking "generally liked ... just not as much as TDK." 87% critics and 92% audience rating on RottenTomatoes.

MOS is more split. TDKR generated more arguments.

SnakeDoc

Dark Knight Rises seems more polarizing to me, because it has its hardcore supporters and hardcore detractors that Nolan has developed over the years for various reasons. Despite the RT scores or whatever, I think more opposition to Superman is muted because people just sort of think it was average, but nothing to get angry about. Zach Snyder leads to lowered expectations IMO. That's how I am anyway. Disappointed, but not pissed off. So it's not so much a polarization as a sizable group of people thinking it is a'aight, and a lot of people thinking it is "meh."

Back