Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny because people defending MoS have backed up their opinions and people against it don't do anything but than using other films to bash it.

:lol :exactly:

That makes too much sense Gaspar. Let me refute that by saying Reeve is the real Superman! :lol

I think they're going with "Motion Picture" Niltusk. That was throwing me off as well.

Kryptonian technology bro. I didn't invent it.

I love how you go on and on about a "meandering mirror" when it comes from a planet, made of crystals. In fact, instead of a rocket, isn't baby Kal-El sent in a friggin' sharp crystal?

But nah, a phallic rocket ship is much more believable. Joel Schumacher was right all along!

Please enlighten me some more with your scientific know how. I need to know how implausible the world of Superman: The Movie is. The flying and laser vision part didn't tip me off. Tell me more about the mirror.

Aren't all rockets phallic? I sense some fixation, and of course they're more believable. :dunno

Because it is, just a mirror, barely moving, how fast can it go?

Now you went to ignore something I already explained... Suit yourself :lol

Really? I thought Star Wars was atleast rooted in fantasy more so than science fiction. Hmm.

How come dem nifty space ships never burnt up in the atmosphere. How the hell does the Death Star and da force work? I guess using your mind to lift things and choke people is more plausible and grounded in Sci-Fi than flying at great speeds and hurtling rockets out of the atmosphere. Silly me.

Yes it's a huge chunk of fantasy, but you didn't read me mixing the force with the actual sci fi stuff did you? Spaceships, lightspeed, all of that is routed in the present, stretching the real, that's why it's called science fiction, how do satellites work? Hmmm tough one.

DiFabio and CP are right.

**** made sense in STM.

I cared as much about the MOS residents as I did the Coast city residents in GL.

Gaspar, i'm happy you loved MOS, enjoy the bluray.

It's a heroes journey.

Superman couldn't save his real parents from their demise. Superman couldn't save Pa Kent from his heart attack. He can't save Lois from dying (and she does die). With all of his mind boggling powers he can't stop those he loves from dying.

That's established.

It's also established and warned that while Superman can interfere with "human history" and pervert it so it has an outcome to his liking, it is "forbidden" to do so. He can, but he shouldn't. That's the catch and also falls under "with all those powers, I couldn't even save them". Jor-El also mentions how he doesn't advise Clark to give up his powers and become a mortal man. He can do that if he chooses, but there will be repercussions.

But look at what happens when he does in both instances. They come back to haunt him and he LEARNS from his mistakes. He learns that he needs to let loved ones go. He learns what it means to be Earth's protector and about responsibility.

Spider-Man 2 does the same thing with Peter Parker's journey.

Time travel is a "heroes Journey?" You keep saying Superman "can't" save the people he loves from dying, why is that? Did you miss the whole "reversing time" scene? He can do whatever the F he wants. There are no limits to his powers. That's why saying that they "set up" the idea of him being to save anyone from anything except death, is BS. Like I said I guess Jor-el should've warned him that when you do "interfere with human history" you tend to set your arch-nemesis free.

Aren't all rockets phallic? I sense some fixation, and of course they're more believable. :dunno

Nope, I have no Freudian hang ups. I do know that what Snyder and Schumacher (or their visual designers anyway) concocted is closer to Dr. Evil's space rocket in Austin Powers than anything NASA sends up.

Because it is, just a mirror, barely moving, how fast can it go?

Barely moving? Those three were FLYING. :lol

They were going away from Krypton so fast that Zod, Non and Ursa were screaming at the top of their lungs. For a mirror, it jettisoned pretty far.

Yes it's a huge chunk of fantasy, but you didn't read me mixing the force with the actual sci fi stuff did you? Spaceships, lightspeed, all of that is routed in the present, stretching the real, that's why it's called science fiction, how do satellites work? Hmmm tough one.

A mirror and a baby in a crystal pod are space ships. Superman can seemingly fly at lightspeed.

Yeah, it is nice being able to argue a little, rib each other a little, and not have anyone flip out. :hi5:

DiFabio and CP are right.

**** made sense in STM.

I cared as much about the MOS residents as I did the Coast city residents in GL.

Gaspar, i'm happy you loved MOS, enjoy the bluray.

Never expected you to agree with Difabio......oh wait.:slap

Never expected you to agree with Difabio......oh wait.:slap

tumblr_mrl1ubfeoR1rafdwyo1_500.gif

Back