Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you don't realize how big space is my friend.

Don't be smug. But then again, maybe you're right. Maybe I don't realize how big space is in a movie where a Scientist from another world manages to rocket his infant son worlds, and worlds away, film after film.

Hell, in Superman Returns he doesn't even age a day from his journey to and from Krypton.

"Space" in movies like Superman and Star Wars ain't like ours, sorry for breaking it to you. It's more like flying over to another country. Krypton is about an 10 hour flight from here to Italy. Hoth and Tatooine is just an hour going at light speed.

Don't try to put real space and physics into a movie where a guy in red and blue tights can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

The missile Superman throws out into space just so happens to hit the Zod, Ursa and Non whom Jor-El and the council banished. So what? Don't we even see them screaming at baby Kal-El as he's being rocketed towards Earth? Who's to say that the phantom zone didn't get grabbed into Earth's gravitational pull from Kal-El's rocket? They did start out on the moon didn't they? Maybe they were floating around earth like a satellite for 30 or so years? Who gives a ****?

The point of that whole plot is that Superman makes things worse by not heeding his dad's advice.

If you think MoS gimmicks are "too convenient" and artificial but you are totally fine with something billions of times more unlikely, well, that's just.... As opposed to something as simple as a kryptonian ship sending a signal to another kryptonian ship...

Nope, never stated that.

I never said that the plots in MoS weren't plausible, I did say they were "convenient" just like the ones with Superman the Movie. You were the one caught up in all that. The difference? I don't like MoS and I thought that they were lame and didn't service the plot, especially the "Matrix births' and codex crap.

I even listed examples of "coincidences" from films I love and films I hate. There's another one in Back to the Future, a film I love. Most of the scenarios in that film are pure coincidence and happenstance, but they all serve the plot extremely well and work. It doesn't matter if it "makes sense". Like Superman, Star Wars, etc. I can't jump into a Delorean and travel back in time and **** up, then fix the time line.

Yey for the grieving families of the thousands of dead people who are now residing underneath piles of rubble.

That isn't as important as slamming down a satellite from a government that's possibly watching where you're taking a dump and quipping about it.

Actually, I don't think the destruction in Metropolis actually happened. I think it might be a case of Superman being bat**** crazy and imagining all the Zod and evil Kryptonians crap.

Look at the ending. He's biking through the lively, golden streets of downtown Metropolis and walks into a damage free Daily Planet. An office that's so happy and care free that you can't tell that days earlier all of it's employees were trapped under rubble from their toppled office center, in a near death experience, counting down the few remaining hours they had to live.

Little Jenny doesn't have PTSD from being vaporized by Zach Snyder Watchmen style, oh no, she's making jokes about sports event/game tickets.

Then Superman comics are just as horrible as this movie.

Also, drawings, cartoons, do not evoke the same kind of response as something done realistically.

Watching someone get raped to death in a comic makes me think "Who the **** would draw this crap?" Vs. in a film "Oh my god, that's horrible! That poor person getting raped!"

That isn't as important as slamming down a satellite from a government that's possibly watching where you're taking a dump and quipping about it.

Actually, I don't think the destruction in Metropolis actually happened. I think it might be a case of Superman being bat**** crazy and imagining all the Zod and evil Kryptonians crap.

Look at the ending. He's biking through the lively streets of downtown Metropolis and walks into a damage free Daily Planet. An office that's so happy and care free that you can't tell that days earlier all of it's employees were trapped under rubble from their toppled office center, in a near death experience, counting down the few remaining hours they had to live.

Little Jenny doesn't have PTSD from being vaporized by Zach Snyder Watchmen style, she's making jokes about sports event/game tickets.

It's like a Nolan ending or something!

If he couldn't save everyone, the least they could have done was to show him helping to rebuild. He could even be working with someone like say, Lex Luthor by the films end with a little foreshadowing of future villainy.

Most of downtown Metropolis was flattened, but since the supporting cast was even flatter, I had no emotional connection to them or their loss. It's not that I think Metropolis should be untouchable or there can't be loss of life around Supes, but his whole schtick is being an alien with more humanity than everyone else around him. This film didn't put alot of effort into emphasizing it and therefore skipped over a big part of his character.

We got a rough-and-tumble ready-to-rumble superhero who took out the Bond villains from space and that's cool... though it's only the tip of the iceberg for Superman. I'd hope for more next time around if I didn't expect less.

It's like a Nolan ending or something!

To be fair, as much as I hate TDKR, atleast the citizens in that movie did nothing but hide in their homes during the destruction. The only people that died was a crappy mayor, the Steelers, and some stupid CIA guys.

Them coming out and hugging was a natural response. "Oh yeah, that mumbling dope that ruined our football game is dead. That mumbling dope that dressed up as a bat dying is a nice bonus". That's how I'd react. It's not like the bomb went off (even though they're all going to get ****ed up from the fall out)

A rebuilt, good as new Daily Planet with all of it's employees being all smiles after the death and destruction that was witnessed by a terraforming device is the wrong response/reaction.

Don't be smug. But then again, maybe you're right. Maybe I don't realize how big space is in a movie where a Scientist from another world manages to rocket his infant son worlds, and worlds away, film after film.

Hell, in Superman Returns he doesn't even age a day from his journey to and from Krypton.

"Space" in movies like Superman and Star Wars ain't like ours, sorry for breaking it to you. It's more like flying over to another country. Krypton is about an 10 hour flight from here to Italy. Hoth and Tatooine is just an hour going at light speed.

Don't try to put real space and physics into a movie where a guy in red and blue tights can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

The missile Superman throws out into space just so happens to hit the Zod, Ursa and Non whom Jor-El and the council banished. So what? Don't we even see them screaming at baby Kal-El as he's being rocketed towards Earth? Who's to say that the phantom zone didn't get grabbed into Earth's gravitational pull from Kal-El's rocket? They did start out on the moon didn't they? Maybe they were floating around earth like a satellite for 30 or so years? Who gives a ****?

The point of that whole plot is that Superman makes things worse by not heeding his dad's advice.

A rocket that travels god knows how fast and in MoS bends space and has propelling technology behind it, as opposed to.... a meandering mirror.

You know Superman ages incredibly slow, even slower if he's receiving sunlight, don't you? And he can travel at the speed of light, at least, he's not this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2u3eQc_rx54#t=78

You're right, space is a lighter topic in movies, if you have a ****ing spaceship, fly at super speed or can bend space.

You're trying too hard to excuse that horrid convenient coincidence.

I can use real life physics, after all, besides that and reversing time with earth's spin everything else is in order.

You don't get pulled by a rocket, gravity doesn't work like that, also Earth's gravity has nothing to do with it, if it was the case, by the time they reached the sun it would have pulled them in freeing them, there you go, that's a less ****ty way to do it, it still doesn't explain how they arrived to our solar system, so incredibly fast.

Nope, never stated that.

I never said that the plots in MoS weren't plausible, I did say they were "convenient" just like the ones with Superman the Movie. You were the one caught up in all that. The difference? I don't like MoS and I thought that they were lame and didn't service the plot, especially the "Matrix births' and codex crap.

I even listed examples of "coincidences" from films I love and films I hate. There's another one in Back to the Future, a film I love. Most of the scenarios in that film are pure coincidence and happenstance, but they all serve the plot extremely well and work. It doesn't matter if it "makes sense". Like Superman, Star Wars, etc. I can't jump into a Delorean and travel back in time and **** up, then fix the time line.

Except that they don't work for STMP, at all, both star wars and back to the future have a strong, solid Sci fi foundation, STMP is just nonsense.

The only way to love man of steel is to bash another film.

And you wonder why arguments start.

Yeah, people bring up other movies I guess cause they can't back up their opinions of this flick. :dunno

BUT, with that being said, it still doesn't have to start an argument. Why would it matter what someone else says about another flick if they are respecting your right to cry in 400 posts in this thread? :lol

That's funny because people defending MoS have backed up their opinions and people against it don't do anything but than using other films to bash it.

A rocket that travels god knows how fast and in MoS bends space and has propelling technology behind it, as opposed to.... a meandering mirror.

You know Superman ages incredibly slow, even slower if he's receiving sunlight, don't you? And he can travel at the speed of light, at least, he's not this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2u3eQc_rx54#t=78

You're right, space is a lighter topic in movies, if you have a ****ing spaceship, fly at super speed or can bend space.

You're trying too hard to excuse that horrid convenient coincidence.

I can use real life physics, after all, besides that and reversing time with earth's spin everything else is in order.

You don't get pulled by a rocket, gravity doesn't work like that, also Earth's gravity has nothing to do with it, if it was the case, by the time they reached the sun it would have pulled the in and freed, there you go, that's a less ****ty way to do it, it still doesn't explain how they arrived to our solar system.

Kryptonian technology bro. I didn't invent it.

I love how you go on and on about a "meandering mirror" when it comes from a planet, made of crystals. In fact, instead of a rocket, isn't baby Kal-El sent in a friggin' sharp crystal?

But nah, a phallic rocket ship is much more believable. MoS was dead on. Joel Schumacher was right all along!

BatmanRobinFreezeRocket.jpg

BatmanRobinSkySurf.jpg

Except that they don't work for STMP, at all, both star wars and back to the future have a strong, solid Sci fi foundation, STMP is just nonsense.

Really? I thought Star Wars was atleast rooted in fantasy more so than science fiction. Hmm.

How come dem nifty space ships never burnt up in the atmosphere. How the hell does the Death Star and da force work? I guess using your mind to lift things and choke people is more plausible and grounded in Sci-Fi than flying at great speeds and hurtling rockets out of the atmosphere. Silly me.

Please enlighten me some more with your scientific know how. I need to know how implausible the world of Superman: The Movie is. The flying and laser vision part didn't tip me off. Tell me more about the mirror.

I kept reading STMP as the first Star Trek movie, its supposed to be the first Superman movie, right? :slap:slap:slap

Back