Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't.

Now who's the one selectively reading? Duh....

Physics do explain how weaker gravity could make you faster, and radiation can trigger mutation... this applied to a superhero: Perfect suspension of disbelief.

And it's not "as explained by the movie", it's explained like that in many Superman comics as well.

You're looking for a plothole here and there is none.

I didn't.

Now who's the one selectively reading? Duh....

Physics do explain how weaker gravity could make you faster, and radiation can trigger mutation... this applied to a superhero: Perfect suspension of disbelief.

And it's not "as explained by the movie", it's explained like that in many Superman comics as well.

You're looking for a plothole here and there is none.

Nope, I'm just not pasting it over with fanboy squirt. :lol

So by your rational, bodybuilders would be super fast compared to skinny people given they're vastly stronger than them. Sound physics there. :cuckoo:

And you're forgetting that Superman only started flying like a day or two before Zod did. :lol

It was the same way in Superman II, the 3 baddies had powers and could fly the day they came Earth. Clark didn't fly until he left the FOS.

Funnily enough, OG78 Supes was just on TV tonight. Despite the flaws, it's the better film - & remains so, for a LOT of folks. It has the essence there, the heart - & Reeve. :rock

MOS has great moments too - but none that are truly memorable IMO. Too many wtf moments, an overcompensation of carnage to try & balance the lack thereof in Superman Returns - & Nolan grandstanding in place of real heart.

Sorry Casper. :huh

Well it is a hard act to follow as Superman: The Movie is still the best comic book movie ever to unfold on the screen.

I like MOS a lot and have watched it twice this week streaming off the internets. :monkey1 Will get the Bluray sometime. Is it flawed? Sure. S:TM is too. SII is full of ludicrous flaws. I'd place MOS third of the Superman flicks for enjoyment, which isn't a bad thing. And of the Marvel Singles, only Iron Man and Thor were better, maybe even on par with Thor. :dunno

But really, what does it matter? Why does it need to be better than _____ film? It was successful and the general public spent their money watching it, which is all that matters.

I'm looking forward to having the HT figure on the shelf and Superman vs Batman is going to be sofa king awesome.

That appears to be the longest, most heart felt post I've seen out of you Evil.

Too bad I didn't read it. MoS blows.

Funnily enough, OG78 Supes was just on TV tonight. Despite the flaws, it's the better film - & remains so, for a LOT of folks. It has the essence there, the heart - & Reeve. :rock

MOS has great moments too - but none that are truly memorable IMO. Too many wtf moments, an overcompensation of carnage to try & balance the lack thereof in Superman Returns - & Nolan grandstanding in place of real heart.

Sorry Casper. :huh

:lol Thas alright :1-1: I'm not calling out anyone on their opinions, I like both, I just like MoS better.

picture.php
:nana:

If the performance was all his, I might agree. But make-up aside, physically and verbally, he basically impersonated Tom Waits, which diluted any real performance.

https://youtu.be/gCSc6E4yG9s

Well, there are similarities certainly, but Waits took acting like a drunken/stoned prick to new height (probably because he was for most of the time), whereas as Ledger took certain aspects of this and built a whole insane and dangerous character out of it.

Can you see an influence? Of course you can, was it a straight lift? Hardly, HL took it and ran and came up with something new. however, this is just distraction. Either way, it is still a little harsh to call him a crackwhore with acting chops.

It is your opinion and good for you. But I don't expect too many people to agree with you if you're saying it's OK to call him that.

Well, there are similarities certainly, but Waits took acting like a drunken/stoned prick to new height (probably because he was for most of the time), whereas as Ledger took certain aspects of this and built a whole insane and dangerous character out of it.

Can you see an influence? Of course you can, was it a straight lift? Hardly, HL took it and ran and came up with something new. however, this is just distraction. Either way, it is still a little harsh to call him a crackwhore with acting chops.

It is your opinion and good for you. But I don't expect too many people to agree with you if you're saying it's OK to call him that.

Was Heath Ledger's Joker influenced by Tom Waits? Or are people just saying that because of the Tom Waits interview? :lol Ledger NEVER mentioned Waits as an influence in any of the interviews he gave. In fact, neither Nolan or Ledger's TDK diary mentions Waits as a possible influence. Now, Tom Waits did work in Ledger's last film, but he no longer sounded like he did in the video, and he didn't have any scenes with Ledger, so unless there's real prove that Waits influenced Ledger's performance, I say that's a false accusation.

Could be a tremendous coincidence, but I have to tell you, I was a bit fascinated by how much of the Joker I saw on that interview, or how much of Tom Waits I saw on the Joker, cause I never heard of that guy before Nam posted the video, so, I'm inclined to think there is some kind of influence in the voice and some mannerisms, but Ledger's Joker stands on it's own.

Could be a tremendous coincidence, but I have to tell you, I was a bit fascinated by how much of the Joker I saw on that interview, or how much of Tom Waits I saw on the Joker, cause I never heard of that guy before Nam posted the video, so, I'm inclined to think there is some kind of influence in the voice and some mannerisms, but Ledger's Joker stands on it's own.

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Waits influence or not, Ledger Joker was by far the best thing about the Nolan Batman films.

Atleast his role ended on a high note.

Yeah, I saw that video a few years ago, and to be honest, I had no idea who the guy was. I don't think most people know who Tom Waits is or what he does for living. A lot people know him now because of that interview and how similar he sounds to Ledger's joker. I would like to know if he had something to do with Ledger's performance. However, in some of the early interviews Ledger gave to Empire magazine, he mentioned experimenting with different voices and laughs, but he never mentioned Waits. It seems like something he would have mentioned. The writers from Empire were on the set of the film, saw him acting, and described what he looked like and his performance in full detail long before the film came out, so there was no reason for Ledger not to mention Waits as a possible influence.

Back