Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure it was, at first, my theory is that radiation is what gives Supes the rest of his abilities, someone in this thread said once something about mutation, so, the more Zod was exposed to the sun's radiation, he started to develop the rest of his powers, that's why he didn't fly right away.

They were zipping around with super speed right out of the ship. I can understand the leaps and strength, but super speed? No. And then Zod shedding his armor and magically gaining the ability to fly (which Kal-El didn't have until after his education on the ship). The powers issue is still a fat plothole that should've been explained in the film, not through fan-fiction.

They were zipping around with super speed right out of the ship. I can understand the leaps and strength, but super speed? No. And then Zod shedding his armor and magically gaining the ability to fly (which Kal-El didn't have until after his education on the ship). The powers issue is still a fat plothole that should've been explained in the film, not through fan-fiction.

The super speed is a direct consequence of the weaker gravity and Zod didn't fly right away nor Faora and Nam-Ek, it's not fan fiction, it's an obvious logical conjecture, Zod even said "I've trained my whole life to master my senses", which explains why he was able to fly and do other stuff relatively faster than Kal could in 30 years suppressing his powers.

No plot hole there.

The super speed is a direct consequence of the weaker gravity and Zod didn't fly right away nor Faora and Nam-Ek, it's not fan fiction, it's an obvious logical conjecture, Zod even said "I've trained my whole life to master my senses", which explains why he was able to fly and do other stuff relatively faster than Kal could in 30 years suppressing his powers.

No plot hole there.

So by your rational, bodybuilders would be super fast compared to skinny people given they're vastly stronger than them. Sound physics there. :cuckoo:

And you're forgetting that Superman only started flying like a day or two before Zod did. :lol

The movie would have been better without the DNA, Codex, and Zod and Co.

So by your rational, bodybuilders would be super fast given they're vastly stronger than skinny people. Sound physics there. :cuckoo:

That makes no sense whatsoever, a bodybuilder would be heavier, why would he be faster? :slap
Let me explain you how gravity works :1-1:
Gravity gives you weight, the more weight, the harder to move, less gravity=less weight. :hi5:
And you're forgetting that Superman only started flying like a day or two before Zod did. :lol

No I'm not.

The body builder could push off the ground with more power this going farther into the air. Once he sustains enough air, his powerful arms could propel him further in the air compared to the skinny chap. Your argument is invalid.

This is the science behind human flight.

The body builder could push off the ground with more power this going farther into the air. Once he sustains enough air, his powerful arms could propel him further in the air compared to the skinny chap. Your argument is invalid.

This is the science behind human flight.

Not at all, he would be strong but you can't dissmiss the extra weight that comes with the muscle, if it's just the right ammount of extra muscle, he would be faster, but that doesn't detract from my argument a single bit, besides, gaining extra muscle doesn't automatically give you explosive strength.

To prove this, Arnold Swarchenegger will never be able to jump higher than any of your favorite athletes or knock out an amateur boxer.

That makes no sense whatsoever, a bodybuilder would be heavier, why would he be faster? :slap
Let me explain you how gravity works :1-1:
Gravity gives you weight, the more weight, the harder to move, less gravity=less weight. :hi5:

So, then Kryptonians would actually be stronger than Earthlings, having lived on a planet with a stronger gravity. That I agree with. But, and I know it's hard, but stick with me. So based on what you said, since the Kryptonians are stronger, that magically makes them faster. So using your rational, being stronger physically would make one faster than a weak, skinny person. Yeah, no. :lol

Last edited:
So, then Kryptonians would actually be stronger than Earthlings, having lived on a planet with a stronger gravity. That I agree with. But, and I know it's hard, but stick with me. So based on what you said, since the Kryptonians are stronger, that magically makes them faster. So using your rational, being stronger physically would make one stronger than a weak, skinny person. Yeah, no. :lol

Doesn't magically makes you faster, it makes you faster, put on a weight vest and run, then tell me you run at the same speed than without.

And yeah, your comment is hard to read: Being stronger makes you stronger than a weak person? Ummm yeah.

And skinny has nothing to do with strength in this matter, Faora is small and skinny but she'd have the same bone density as Kal.

What if the body builder had a jet pack that propelled it's user further and longer than the skinnier lad?

Faster and further. It's science.

Back