Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, one sequence that comes to mind - particularly, is the mob meeting scene at the start where he crashes proceedings to insult them all, while giving them the big proposition.

His demeanor, his diction, his phrasing - it's all there in the Don Lane clip. :lol

It does, absolutely. I also know that there's a hardcore aspect that would like to pretend it never existed, for the *****slap reality check it delivers. :lol

I actually acknowledged the connection, personally I can see it very clearly. But Ledger certainly did take the ball and run with it. His whole performance was worth more than one interview where the renowned Mr Waits decides to play 'silly buggers' and give the interviewer a hard time.

His performance started with Waits, presumably, but that was just where it started.

PS Tom was a great character in "Mystery Men" as Doc Heller. One of my favourite films.

Why is it some whistleblowing event to connect Ledger to someone else's mannerisms? Ledger still had to look at the character, decide "Tom Waits" of all the random connections to make, and run with it. Pretty brilliant.

Nobody cried fowl when Johnny Depp announced that Jack Sparrow was based on Keith Richards and Pepe Le Pew.

Nobody's crying foul per-se, are they?

..& the difference here, is that Depp went on record pretty much about the Keith Richards hat tip - didn't he? Whereas Ledger, came / saw / went.. & nothing else was said. That's the crux of the conjecture - the way that Nolan - & possibly the Ledger family (perhaps not really) seem to withhold a lot of info beyond basic google stuff, relating to Ledger's contribution to the film.

..& the difference here, is that Depp went on record pretty much about the Keith Richards hat tip - didn't he? Whereas Ledger, came / saw / went.. & nothing else was said. That's the crux of the conjecture - the way that Nolan seems to withhold all info beyond basic google stuff, relating to Ledger's contribution to the film.

Not just Richards, Depp stole Tuco's walk, running, and mannerism. Tuco is a character from The Good the Bad and Ugly. Does the new TDK Blue ray trilogy show any behind the scenes stuff with ledger? Like they do with the other characters?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn2xSNv0TSk[/ame]

yes-u-are-meme-generator-yes-yes-you-are-5a3618.jpg

..& the difference here, is that Depp went on record pretty much about the Keith Richards hat tip - didn't he? Whereas Ledger, came / saw / went.. & nothing else was said. That's the crux of the conjecture - the way that Nolan - & possibly the Ledger family (perhaps not really) seem to withhold a lot of info beyond basic google stuff, relating to Ledger's contribution to the film.

:exactly::goodpost: Credit was given where it was due with PotC. With Ledger's performance, it's suspiciously avoided. :huh

its VERY common for artists / designers to rob & steal from each other. it happens way more than people think it does.
A common definition of "creativity" is taking 2 things that already exist and combining them to make something new. This is exactly what Ledger did.

kinda the same reason Jon Bonhams drum intro to Rock and Roll sounds just like the drum intro to Little Richards Keep A Knockin.
Its not coincidence

credit for being influenced by someone else is given publicly probably less than 2% of the time it actuallyhappens :lol

I guess if we're going to be fair about it, we should also mention Ahmed Best's failure to acknowledge channeling Donald Duck, Mr Magoo & Bob Marley at the same time.

People got past that too in the end. :lol

Back