Mando's Cobras and Joes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cobra Elite Trooper CODENAME: Crimson Guard (Mando's Cobras)

:lol yeah. This thread and face's thread are awesome and depressing at the same time. Awesome cause they are both non-stop old school joe goodness. Depressing because I look at my sideshow joe shelf and they look nothing like this.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I was going to re-purchase a Crimson Guard. But after I saw Mando's I thought, "mine wont look like that", so why even bother.

Re: Cobra Elite Trooper CODENAME: Crimson Guard (Mando's Cobras)

Thanks again guys for checking him out! :wave

Looks mighty fine, brother.

That is how the figure should have been released. Don't know what SS was thinking mixing in gold accents.

I think they were going for the 25th Anni. CG with the gold. Sometimes I wonder if Hasbro has any pull on the designs or if they're just going for a happy medium between eras. Still ARAH ought to be their bread and butter. Fans will always buy whats new, but they'll still want what's old and familiar. Every time Hasbro makes a new Optmus Prime it sells well enough. Every time Hasbro makes a Classic Optimus Prime if flies off the shelves.

That's the problem.They don't think. They should hire you and Mando as consultants.

I would've been fired with Firefly. ::lol

:lol yeah. This thread and face's thread are awesome and depressing at the same time. Awesome cause they are both non-stop old school joe goodness. Depressing because I look at my sideshow joe shelf and they look nothing like this.

And the madness will continue! ....into the 90s. ;)

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I was going to re-purchase a Crimson Guard. But after I saw Mando's I thought, "mine wont look like that", so why even bother.

You need to PM me, James. :exactly:

Re: The Snake Pit (Mando's Cobras), Heat bucket, CG redux, "Mystery" WiP

New work-in-progress. Still pretty rough, but you should be able to tell who it is without me having to strap a Battle Copter to his back. :lol

022_zps45a4076d.jpg

Interrogator :)
That's gonna be one cool figure.
Outstanding CG BTW.

New work-in-progress. Still pretty rough, but you should be able to tell who it is without me having to strap a Battle Copter to his back. :lol
I think I've actually got one of those somewhere...:p

I've been collecting stuff to put together an Interrogator that resembles his DTC version. I can tell I am going to be disappointed. But If you sculpt a good head, I definitely would be interested...

Interrogator he is. Or will be. He's probably my favorite 90s Cobra although I was pretty fond of Night Vulture, Cesspool, and even the would be CC: Overlord. Admittedly Battle Copters and moreso the gliders were pretty cool for what they were: fully functional flying toys you could strap a Joe to. The Sky Patrol guys just fell to the ground, but Night Vulture had several successfu trips down the stairwell.:lol

I think I've actually got one of those somewhere...:p

I loved the hell out the HOF line when I was younger, but have no memory of that set. Fascinating.

I've been collecting stuff to put together an Interrogator that resembles his DTC version. I can tell I am going to be disappointed. But If you sculpt a good head, I definitely would be interested...

The DTC look would be great in this scale. Seems like any number of German officer coats would work, and the pants too if you bleach/dye them. As for the head I won't actually be sculpting it. More on this as the story developes.

Interrogator he is. Or will be. He's probably my favorite 90s Cobra although I was pretty fond of Night Vulture, Cesspool, and even the would be CC: Overlord. Admittedly Battle Copters and moreso the gliders were pretty cool for what they were: fully functional flying toys you could strap a Joe to. The Sky Patrol guys just fell to the ground, but Night Vulture had several successfu trips down the stairwell.:lol
I had a lot of fun with Ace's battle-copter. Unfortunately, it came second-hand, minus the pilot, which is a bit disappointing in retrospect because I'm pretty sure that, as a child inordinately fond of both fighter jets/pilots and the colour blue, that version of Ace would've been my favourite figure ever. :thud:

I loved the hell out the HOF line when I was younger, but have no memory of that set. Fascinating.
Yeah, they released some pretty crazy stuff towards the end of the line, like the Thunder Wing Jetpack, the wind-surf-board (homaging the old RAH mail-in?) "Ocean Enforcer" or the Australian Outback set with the golden eagle. Some good memories there, although I'm still pissed off over the first four Mission Gear packs all including either an M16/M203 or generic missile launcher instead of the uniqe weapons shown on the cards (even if the Uzi was almost as comically-oversized as the first Snake Eyes figure's and featured an under-the-barrel missile launcher). :p

Oh yeah, one more thing I should mention: The convention-exclusive Lady Jaye from 1997.

Nice! Interrogator looks pretty cool! I'm looking forwards to seeing yours.

John

Great figures and set Mando,
Cheers,
Peter.

Well. . .gonna go home and toss my now worthless CG in the trash. Thanks for nothing Mando :mad:

So the custom ability bug can be transmitted via vampire bite? Where do I stand in line?

Back