MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Don Draper by Kato / DX12 Facial Reconstruction*

That Don Draper is pure class. Sculpt by Trevor, Paint by Nathan, Outfit by Kato, makes for one perfect figure. :thud:

That Predator looks so out of place behind Batman and Draper. :lol

Thanks Walker, Don does have a pretty solid pedigree. :hi5:

I know what you mean about the Pred, photobomber to the max. :lol

So I thinned out my TTM16 arms in anticipation for building my Don. Took a an hour or so with the dremmel. Easy peasy.

So I thinned out my TTM16 arms in anticipation for building my Don. Took a an hour or so with the dremmel. Easy peasy.

Nice, I'll have to do that next time I have an hour or two. I'm thinking it will take me longer to undress and redress/futz the figure than it will to do the sanding. :lol

Nice, I'll have to do that next time I have an hour or two. I'm thinking it will take me longer to undress and redress/futz the figure than it will to do the sanding. :lol

I hear you. i have a few nude bodies lying around awaiting Iminime figure conversions (se7en, CEO, neo and smith) and I just cant bring myself to do it.

Grats on don Dane.
Kato never ceases to amaze me. His translation of 1:1 clothes to 1/6 is unbeatable.
Your bats also look great.
I think Robbie's faceplate mod is one of the single best mod ever.
I was with the crew who received this first but I never Posted pics until I got Robbie's faceplate cause my hatred for the cowl almost made me the sell the figure.
His mod almost makes this look like a medi cowl.

Thanks, fellas!

Thanks, Yannick! I did try out quite a few sets of hands, so I'm glad to hear it sounds like I chose the right ones. The strongest 1/6 figures can definitely be brought down by overlooking those pesky little details.

I'm hoping the MRM/Nathan sculpt turns out the way I envision it in my head. Nathan is the man for the job to make that happen, though...he consistently matches or exceeds your mind's eye. That's actually why I sprung for the Robbie faceplate. I was at peace with the DX12 sculpt, but once I got the wheels turning on the MRM/Nathan project, I felt it needed to be elevated to hang on the same shelf.

Thank you, Kara. :duff When Trevor, Nathan and Kato collaborate, they leave you with something pretty special!

Thank Ed, much appreciated. :1-1: I hope you're doing well!

Thanks Mag, it's a Kato suit as Wake mentioned.

That's about as big a compliment as one can get. Major thanks, TF. :1-1:

Thanks guys! The only other mod I did to the DX12 was shorten the neck. I also swapped the cape with one of lforigno's if you consider that a mod. :duff

Thanks, man! :hi5: I wonder if I can get those shoulders to protrude a little less with some futzing. This is why I love having my fellow freaks eyeball my figures. :exactly:

:lol

Cheers, Rob. :1-1:

Thanks Walker, Don does have a pretty solid pedigree.

I know what you mean about the Pred, photobomber to the max. :

Nice, I'll have to do that next time I have an hour or two. I'm thinking it will take me longer to undress and redress/futz the figure than it will to do the sanding.

Who are you, Maglor???? You've gone quote crazy!!!! :rotfl:rotfl

Dig the Draper! :clap Suit looks perfect and that chair is so spot on 60's! :lol Great additiion here, Marf!

Dane, Dane, Dane! :thud:
I'll have to burn my detolfs! :monkey2

Wonderful collection buddy! :hi5:

I also popped Robbie's faceplate on my DX12, what a difference!

_MG_6605.jpg

What a difference is right! :hi5:

Is that plate still being offered? I missed out on it. Who was doing that again? Robbie who?

EDIT: Nevermind... I see it. :)

Last edited:

I hear you. i have a few nude bodies lying around awaiting Iminime figure conversions (se7en, CEO, neo and smith) and I just cant bring myself to do it.

Yup, it's difficult for me to bring myself to strip down a figure for a simple body swap/mod...especially if I'm not really unhappy with the way it looks anyhow. :slap

Grats on don Dane.
Kato never ceases to amaze me. His translation of 1:1 clothes to 1/6 is unbeatable.
Your bats also look great.
I think Robbie's faceplate mod is one of the single best mod ever.
I was with the crew who received this first but I never Posted pics until I got Robbie's faceplate cause my hatred for the cowl almost made me the sell the figure.
His mod almost makes this look like a medi cowl.

Thanks Fernando! :) Kato is indeed a genius. It's nice to know that once he starts a project, you know you're going to see the closest 1/6 representation of a 1/1 outfit possible. He settles for nothing less.

I totally agree about Robbie's faceplate. For how simple the mod is, no other has instantly changed my perception of a figure as much.

Who are you, Maglor???? You've gone quote crazy!!!! :rotfl:rotfl

Changing my name to MultiquoteMaster. :lol

Dig the Draper! :clap Suit looks perfect and that chair is so spot on 60's! :lol Great additiion here, Marf!

Much appreciated MANDO, Don definitely has a little time capsule going on in his corner of the shelf. :lol Which is great, because that aspect of the show is one of the reasons I love it so much!

Dane, Dane, Dane! :thud:
I'll have to burn my detolfs! :monkey2

Wonderful collection buddy! :hi5:

Thank you for the compliment, Hosam, and thank you for stopping by! :hi5:

What a difference is right! :hi5:

Is that plate still being offered? I missed out on it. Who was doing that again? Robbie who?

EDIT: Nevermind... I see it. :)

Glad you found it, I would say that it's a must for any DX12 owner that's even slightly irked by the stock plates. :exactly:

Unimpressed cat is unimpressed. :lecture

Don is finally done! The notion of a high-quality suit for this figure was born quite a while ago, and it has finally come to fruition. Incredibly happy with how Don has turned out. :)

_MG_6601.jpg

_MG_6598.jpg

_MG_6595.jpg

_MG_6590.jpg

_MG_6589.jpg

_MG_6587.jpg

Sheer perfection! Not keen on the show but this is the Motts! The new faceplate is full of win as well! Keep em coming Dane! :clap

I gotta see a side to side of the Dude and Draper having a drink together. Instant glory on that shelf. Beautiful work on it Marf!

Sheer perfection! Not keen on the show but this is the Motts! The new faceplate is full of win as well! Keep em coming Dane! :clap

Thanks, bro! A few more gems on the horizon, but I'm runnin' out of pop culture crushes. :lol

I gotta see a side to side of the Dude and Draper having a drink together. Instant glory on that shelf. Beautiful work on it Marf!

Thanks Turbo, and that's an excellent idea! I will definitely have to take that pic soon. :exactly:

That kato draper suit is spectacular!

Cheers, Cobra, thanks for stopping by! :duff

Unimpressed cat is unimpressed. :lecture

:duff :lol Marf always gets me, that's the best part and why I like him.

I'm trying to get some extra coin to get that suit, too many goodies at once, I hope Kato has a few left whenever the getting is good.

Awesome piece man!

Ski

Back