MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Weathered BD Luke - DX10/MMS combo - DX12*

Your collection is killer. Where do I begin? Maximus is amazing. That Batman (I'm assuming from the animated series? has a stunning cape. And that Bruce Willis from Die Hard? Makes me cry with envy. lol

Amazing collection. Can I come over and we pretend we are like 8 years old and break them all out and play? hahaha

Awesome collection man. I'm jealous. Can you tell me about Maximus and John McClain please? Thanks man,

--Chuck

Your collection is killer. Where do I begin? Maximus is amazing. That Batman (I'm assuming from the animated series? has a stunning cape. And that Bruce Willis from Die Hard? Makes me cry with envy. lol

Amazing collection. Can I come over and we pretend we are like 8 years old and break them all out and play? hahaha

Awesome collection man. I'm jealous. Can you tell me about Maximus and John McClain please? Thanks man,

--Chuck

Thanks for the kind words, Chuck! :)

I wish I had the balls to "play" with my collection more. I mostly just stare at them through the glass like a damn museum exibit. :lol

Maximus is using a sculpt and armor kit that was offered by board member "Spenser" and was painted by "Elvis1976." He's on a Hot Toys Leonidas body, and that's pretty much it!

McClane is using Erick Sosa's "Zkulptor's" DH1 McClance sculpt, and is on a Hot Toys Comedian body. The body was weathered by "Silentsurfer" and "Elvis1976", the sculpt was painted and the clothes were weathered by "Silentsurfer."

Thanks for stopping by! :hi5:

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Marty McFly and Don Draper*

My Predator shelf :rock

_MG_5926.jpg

This has got to be one of the best pictures in the thread :clap

Not only do you have some amazing custom pieces here, but the way you creatively group them like this is awesome.

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Marty McFly and Don Draper*

This has got to be one of the best pictures in the thread :clap

Not only do you have some amazing custom pieces here, but the way you creatively group them like this is awesome.

Thanks KBA, I appreciate you stopping by to comment! :1-1:

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *DX10/MMS combo / DX12*

It's almost impossible for me to pick a favorite from my Nathan paint ups, but Walt is definitely up there. :exactly:

So a member who will remain nameless (unless he wants to chime in and make himself known) agreed to weather my BD Luke clothes. I had planned on taking a stab at it, but his work was so damn perfect...Needless to say, when he agreed to do mine I was pretty damn stoked! :) He didn't charge me a thing, and even payed for return shipping. The guy is a champ in my book, very grateful.

Here are some pics of Luke, the way I've been wanting to display him since day 1. :rock

_MG_6353.jpg

_MG_6348.jpg

_MG_6360.jpg

_MG_6358.jpg

_MG_6355.jpg

_MG_6354.jpg

_MG_6362.jpg

Man, I'm waiting til ht releases Jedi Luke but your pics are very tempting to pick up this version.
The weathering is magnificent.
My jaw drops every time I see your yoda. Looks like the real thing.

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *DX10/MMS combo / DX12*

Man, I'm waiting til ht releases Jedi Luke but your pics are very tempting to pick up this version.
The weathering is magnificent.
My jaw drops every time I see your yoda. Looks like the real thing.

Thanks, Fernando! :duff

You know, you can bash a pretty awesome Jedi Luke with this version's sculpt fairly easily, you may have seen pics already. Then you could have the BD Bespin version on display with a ROTJ version (using the clean sculpt). :yess:

Yoda is a bit uncanny, love the little guy. :lol

Yeah, I think it was Rorywan's Luke Jedi that I saw. I think I may do that.
By the way, I went ahead and snagged a Medi Yoda cause I really love yours man. :lol
Your Yoda is just too cool.
I'm planning on doing all the mods to it, Now, I know its not gonna be the same caliber as Silentsurfer, but hope I can make it at least cool enough.

I am not a Star Wars fan by any means; not even a little, but damn it-- I want that Yoda and I have no idea why.

Last edited:

Marf, you don't have a Ledger Joker?

Yeah, I think it was Rorywan's Luke Jedi that I saw. I think I may do that.
By the way, I went ahead and snagged a Medi Yoda cause I really love yours man. :lol
Your Yoda is just too cool.
I'm planning on doing all the mods to it, Now, I know its not gonna be the same caliber as Silentsurfer, but hope I can make it at least cool enough.

Nathan's work on the Medi Yoda inspired quite a few people. :lol And with a little TLC, he can look incredible, just look at Rorywan's. :exactly:

I am not a Star Wars fan by any means; not even a little, but damn it-- I want that Yoda and I have no idea why.

One of the most iconic Star Wars characters, and he translates damn near perfectly (imo) into 1/6 with some TLC, that's why. :exactly::1-1:

Marf, you don't have a Ledger Joker?

Not at the moment, I have a MRM 4.0 sculpt with Nathan right now for paint, and I'll be popping that on the DX 11 body. :hi5:

Nathan's work on the Medi Yoda inspired quite a few people. :lol And with a little TLC, he can look incredible, just look at Rorywan's. :exactly:

One of the most iconic Star Wars characters, and he translates damn near perfectly (imo) into 1/6 with some TLC, that's why. :exactly::1-1:

Not at the moment, I have a MRM 4.0 sculpt with Nathan right now for paint, and I'll be popping that on the DX 11 body. :hi5:

I have an MRM 4.0 too. Anxious to see what Nathan doeswith it!

BTW, the cleanliness of your setup (and shortround's) has inspired me to streamline! I'm selling off a large collection of my more redundant and less seminally important figures. I'm designing scene specific dioramas to go with my most prized figures and setting them up in a pax to eliminate the unsightly cabling and add more space. I'm excited. It's a massive project.

First diorama is Don Drapers office. Down to accurate furniture, backlight window and overhead drop ceiling with lighting. Kato suit on the way. Just need Rocco's new sculpt so I can send to Nathan. That should be arriving in January.

BD Luke looks like he's gonna drop kick Yoda for letting him go tangle with Vader.

What can I say, Dane -- you have an insanely rad collection very nicely displayed. I am shamed.

I have an MRM 4.0 too. Anxious to see what Nathan doeswith it!

BTW, the cleanliness of your setup (and shortround's) has inspired me to streamline! I'm selling off a large collection of my more redundant and less seminally important figures. I'm designing scene specific dioramas to go with my most prized figures and setting them up in a pax to eliminate the unsightly cabling and add more space. I'm excited. It's a massive project.

First diorama is Don Drapers office. Down to accurate furniture, backlight window and overhead drop ceiling with lighting. Kato suit on the way. Just need Rocco's new sculpt so I can send to Nathan. That should be arriving in January.

I think Nathan will bring out the sculpts absolute potential, as he does with all of his work. :exactly: Very anxious to see that Rocco Don sculpt with his paint on it, Rocco really turned that piece around from the last WIP pics you showed me. He still lacks a bit in the refinement area, but I'll be damned if he didn't turn out a great likeness.

That is awesome man, honored to have inspired you! I wish I had the room for more detolfs, as I would love to do some semi-diorama stuff with my figures. As it stands I just have the odd piece (like Don's office chair) here and there.

BD Luke looks like he's gonna drop kick Yoda for letting him go tangle with Vader.

What can I say, Dane -- you have an insanely rad collection very nicely displayed. I am shamed.

Drop-kick Yoda, if only mental images could be turned into gifs. :lol

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the kind words, and you stopping by. :1-1:

nice collection bro

Thank you darkmoon, much appreciated! :duff

I think Nathan will bring out the sculpts absolute potential, as he does with all of his work. :exactly: Very anxious to see that Rocco Don sculpt with his paint on it, Rocco really turned that piece around from the last WIP pics you showed me. He still lacks a bit in the refinement area, but I'll be damned if he didn't turn out a great likeness.

That is awesome man, honored to have inspired you! I wish I had the room for more detolfs, as I would love to do some semi-diorama stuff with my figures. As it stands I just have the odd piece (like Don's office chair) here and there.

Yeah, Don did turn out quite well. I was surprised what with how things were progressing. I'm glad he didnt just go with the last version he sent me... He ended up listening to my critique even if he didn't want anything to do with my commission! lol. I think it's pretty strong. Not as refined as Trev's but a better likeness potentially. Nathan will bring it out even further I suspect. We will see.

About Don's chair... I know a sweet lady who specializes in 1/6 furniture recreations. She's working on the Dons office furniture for me right now. More to actual scale. I hope to have pics soon!

Yeah, Don did turn out quite well. I was surprised what with how things were progressing. I'm glad he didnt just go with the last version he sent me... He ended up listening to my critique even if he didn't want anything to do with my commission! lol. I think it's pretty strong. Not as refined as Trev's but a better likeness potentially. Nathan will bring it out even further I suspect. We will see.

About Don's chair... I know a sweet lady who specializes in 1/6 furniture recreations. She's working on the Dons office furniture for me right now. More to actual scale. I hope to have pics soon!

I agree, it does have the potential to be a better likeness, and if the potential is there, Nathan will bring it out!

I think you probably ordered from the same woman I ordered my chair through...Carolyn? The chair is beautiful, you can see him sitting in it on my page 1 collection pic. Her work is fantastic, you're in for a treat!

Here are the proof shots she sent me:

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

I agree, it does have the potential to be a better likeness, and if the potential is there, Nathan will bring it out!

I think you probably ordered from the same woman I ordered my chair through...Carolyn? The chair is beautiful, you can see him sitting in it on my page 1 collection pic. Her work is fantastic, you're in for a treat!

Here are the proof shots she sent me:

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

Actually no. I found her through a doll collectors forum. Her furniture looks even better and finer that Carolyn's. I'll show you when I get pics.

Actually no. I found her through a doll collectors forum. Her furniture looks even better and finer that Carolyn's. I'll show you when I get pics.

Oh, ok then! :lol

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Don Draper by Kato / DX12 Facial Reconstruction*

Don is finally done! The notion of a high-quality suit for this figure was born quite a while ago, and it has finally come to fruition. Incredibly happy with how Don has turned out. :)

_MG_6601.jpg

_MG_6598.jpg

_MG_6595.jpg

_MG_6590.jpg

_MG_6589.jpg

_MG_6587.jpg

Back