Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an exclusive but Kit works closely with Mars and gets access to bonus accessories as well as first stock and is able to get his pre order details up quicker too.

Is this a One Sixth Kit exclusive or something? I am being serious.......
The diamond and diamond-holding hand are the OSK exclusive items.
IMG_9673.jpeg

Kit clearly has a great business relationship with Mars so they are incentivising customers to place their orders with him.

I watched Batman Forever again yesterday for the first time in years, and was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I remembered.

In my mind it was the garish colours that killed the film, but it was actually the poor dialogue. Tommy Lee Jones was also playing Two-Face as if he were the Joker.

Then there's the Batmobile. When Robin goes for his joyride the batwings are flexing like they're made of rubber!

My main focus with Mars is collecting '66 Batman, and I have zero interest in their Carey Riddler. However, I'm considering Two-Face because he was a character that missed the cut for the '66 series.

Aside from Hot Toys' Aaron Eckhart Two-Face, who wouldn't fit the '66 line-up, there's been Two-Face figures by DAF Toys and MToys with cartoon style sculpts.

On the other hand Mars' Tommy Lee Jones is a 'realistic' representation, and more apt to fit in, though the big difference is the colour of the skin and hair on burned side of his face, as this is how DC depicted him in their Batman '66 series:

Batman '66 - The Lost Episode 001-000.jpg

That 'lost episode', if it had been made, would've been quite remarkable.

History of Potential Appearance in the Show​

When the show was in its early stages, Two-Face was a villain the creators considered adapting. However, they felt that he would be too grim for younger audiences, so the character was shelved. In 1968, as the show's ratings dwindled, the writers and show runners pondered adding new villains to the show. Two-Face was one of their first choices, along with the Scarecrow. The writers decided to make him a News Anchor instead of Gotham's District Attorney, and his accident was the result of a stage light explosion. Science fiction author Harlan Ellison wrote a story treatment for the character's introduction, and actor Clint Eastwood, who starred alongside Eli Wallach in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, was in talks to play the role in 1968. The show was cancelled before this could happen, and it is unknown whether or not the character would have appeared.

Ellison's story treatment was adapted into the comic special Batman '66: The Lost Episode by DC Comics.

https://batman60stv.fandom.com/wiki/Two-Face

So, in lieu of Clint Eastwood we have Tommy Lee Jones and I'm slowly talking myself into getting the figure.

That is like the nit-pickiest of nit-picks. The suit color, I can maybe understand, but in a lot of lighting that suit reads red. It's a shimmery velvet--under Neon lights (which it is under the vast majority of the film--Forever was VERY neon-lighted), it looks purple. But it reads red on the poster and in the promotional photos and it reads more of a hybrid in-person (based on photos I've seen at the WB Batman exhibit). I've done a LOT of research on this costume, as I've been re-creating it and have custom-printed fabric. These are two separate samples. But in all three photos, under different types of lighting. It's *difficult* and *expensive* to recreate this sort of effect. For the price we're getting, I can accept some cut corners. This IS third-party, y'all.

one way or another, if they don't fix the tie. ill find someone else to fix it for me.

inaccuracies are inaccuracies no matter the price point, that's how I run. people seem to turn a blind eye even for 3rd parties instead of putting criticism across all boards. inart, hot toys, mars, customs. they're no different from each other

the fabric choice for the suit is complicated business because its not one solid phade and thats what mars has, to me while looking at it, it's a deep pink/purple with red hues. point and case, i don't think it should be one solid color and they should at least try to experiment with different fabric patterns. velvet is not a material to be messing in this scale because of how thick it is but im sure it won't be hard for them to have different gradients across the "reds" of the suit

1718787600682.png

1718787782648.png
1718787790341.png

The Batman Forever style guide specifies that for merchandising, the shade of his suit is "PMS 228." Which is a, "medium-dark shade of magenta-pink." I think the Warner Bros. store statue from 1995 uses this color and the recently-announced McFarlane figure seems to use it, too. But it has more of a "plum" look to it, in my opinion. I had a swatch done using that color-guide and it wound up being wayyy too dark on fabric. Kenner's figure probably had the most "accurate" color with it being more reddish-pink. Funko POP! and Hot Toys Cosbaby chibi figure both have a more 'hot pink' look. Each has its own inaccuracies, frankly.

Attachments

• twofacestatue.jpg
    twofacestatue.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
  • twofacemcfarl.jpg
    twofacemcfarl.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 09-14-00 kennbatforevtwoface.webp (WEBP Image 839 × 1400 pixels) — Sc...png
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 09-14-00 kennbatforevtwoface.webp (WEBP Image 839 × 1400 pixels) — Sc...png
    758.2 KB · Views: 0
  • twofacefunko.jpg
    twofacefunko.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
  • cosbaby.jpg
    cosbaby.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Batman Forever Style Guide_0083.jpg
    Batman Forever Style Guide_0083.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
I think if Mars makes the suit a dark pink or light purple, instead of red, it would look more screen accurate. It wouldn't be perfect, but it might look better.

When I look at the Mars photos by themselves, I think the figure looks great, but after seeing all the merchandise above with the correct purple color, it makes the mars figure look way off.

I'm still getting it, wrong color and all, but I wouldn't mind if Mars adjusted the color. Lots of Joker figures wear different shades of purple, so I don't see why Marks can't go with a shade of purple 💜 instead of red.

He's not the Joker. I don't want a purple suit. It will clash with his face.

If Mars could have found that plush velvety color that goes from red to magenta, fine... but if you have to pick one -- red or magenta -- I'll go with red.

I bet if you shine a blue light on the suit, that red will look magenta.

I think if Mars makes the suit a dark pink or light purple, instead of red, it would look more screen accurate. It wouldn't be perfect, but it might look better.

When I look at the Mars photos by themselves, I think the figure looks great, but after seeing all the merchandise above with the correct purple color, it makes the mars figure look way off.

I'm still getting it, wrong color and all, but I wouldn't mind if Mars adjusted the color. Lots of Joker figures wear different shades of purple, so I don't see why Marks can't go with a shade of purple 💜 instead of red.
just inching it closer to a purple/pink would make it so much better and closer to being accurate even if they aren't able to get the different shades of colors. the suit itself closer resembles the color of his face than the red they picked out

the tie can be changed easily with dino if they don't intend to change that but I hope they change the red to a more purple/pink, that'd be awesome

It looks like the prop suit has some color fade to it. Is it possible to lightly dye the suit in a similar pattern with purple dye - maybe with a paint brush in specific spots? I’ve never dyed any 1/6 clothes before.

It looks like the prop suit has some color fade to it. Is it possible to lightly dye the suit in a similar pattern with purple dye - maybe with a paint brush in specific spots? I’ve never dyed any 1/6 clothes before.
in my experience dying even with synthetic dyes, while doing my bank robber bag, it didn't adhere at all but maybe its because of the material. only certain areas adhered

really varies with the material they use

Actual dye usually fails on synthetic materials - but good old, regular acrylic paint- heavily watered down- would work.

Back