Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the 3rd "pistol" TF comes with? I don't recall that gun. Is it the one he was going to execute Wayne with?

Benelli MP 95E​

A chrome-plated Benelli MP95E is the main handgun used by Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) throughout the film.

1200px-BF025.jpg

1200px-BF028.jpg

BenelliMP95EPistol.jpg

The Benelli MP 95 is a single-action target pistol that can be chambered in both .22 and .32 calibers.

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Batman_Forever

Something I never really thought about until a moment ago while looking at the Batman Forever - The Official Comic Adaptation and the Batman '89 (2021) comic series...

Batman Forever is listed as a sequel to Batman and Batman Returns, and while the actor playing Batman changes he's meant to be the same Batman.

However, Two-Face also changed since Harvey Dent was originally played by Billy Dee Williams. Not the sort of change you'd likely see occur in a movie series created in more recent times.

The 2021 Batman '89 series ignored Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, and reinstated Billy Dee Williams in the role:

Batman '89 (2021-) 002-000.jpg

Probably the biggest reason people consider the Burton films and the Schumacher films in the same continuity is Michael Gough’s Alfred being the consistent thread between them all. Gordon to a lesser extent but another constant. If those actors weren’t there I think most would consider them separate series from one another. Totally different feeling between them.

Probably the biggest reason people consider the Burton films and the Schumacher films in the same continuity is Michael Gough’s Alfred being the consistent thread between them all. Gordon to a lesser extent but another constant. If those actors weren’t there I think most would consider them separate series from one another. Totally different feeling between them.

I had to look it up to confirm they were all meant it be in the same continuity because the tone was so different along with some of the actors, and everything pointed towards it being the case.

A snippet from the Batman Forever wiki page:

Billy Dee Williams took the role of Harvey Dent in Batman on the possibility of portraying Two-Face in a sequel, but Schumacher cast Tommy Lee Jones in the role, although Al Pacino, Clint Eastwood, Martin Sheen and Robert De Niro were considered

Interesting that Clint Eastwood's name came up again. He missed out playing Two-Face twice, as the '66 series was cancelled before it could happen.

I still think Jones and Carrey is weird. It’s such a non-Tommy Lee Jones kind of role. He’s usually the grumpy old guy and he went hog wild on this one. He probably had to up things to be able to keep up with Jim. The fact Two-Face is still memorable with Jim doing his thing a Riddler really speaks to how much Jones dove into the camp.

I still think Jones and Carrey is weird. It’s such a non-Tommy Lee Jones kind of role. He’s usually the grumpy old guy and he went hog wild on this one. He probably had to up things to be able to keep up with Jim. The fact Two-Face is still memorable with Jim doing his thing a Riddler really speaks to how much Jones dove into the camp.
This story comes to mind.

Like Norm McDonald once said, Tommy cashed the check. 🤷‍♂️

Something I never really thought about until a moment ago while looking at the Batman Forever - The Official Comic Adaptation and the Batman '89 (2021) comic series...

Batman Forever is listed as a sequel to Batman and Batman Returns, and while the actor playing Batman changes he's meant to be the same Batman.

However, Two-Face also changed since Harvey Dent was originally played by Billy Dee Williams. Not the sort of change you'd likely see occur in a movie series created in more recent times.

The 2021 Batman '89 series ignored Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, and reinstated Billy Dee Williams in the role:

View attachment 709504
I'd love Mars to make a figure of this two face but sadly doubt it will ever happen.

The thing is, Robin Williams was only considered for Riddler long after Burton was forced out. Hell, when Burton was forced out, there was nothing set for "Batman III".
When the new writers were brought in, they suggested a film about duality, which Burton loved and OK'd (his only act as "producer" for the film). WB demanded Two-Face be used and mandated a second villain.
Riddler was the add on.
Williams was considered for the role (he was previously used to bait Nicholson into accepting the Joker role which pissed Robin off).
Once Jim Carrey became bankable, WB fought for him instead.
It was Carrey's idea for the shaved "?" in his hair but went against it due to divorce court.

Wasn't Burton also considering Marlon Wayans for Robin...?

There was so much talk about Robin Williams as Riddler back in the day, even fan art (and this was before the internet). I was happy when he dropped out -- I never thought Robin was right for the Riddler. But then we got Carrey... and I think even Robin would have come across as more of an intellectual than Jim.

Wasn't Burton also considering Marlon Wayans for Robin...?

There was so much talk about Robin Williams as Riddler back in the day, even fan art (and this was before the internet). I was happy when he dropped out -- I never thought Robin was right for the Riddler. But then we got Carrey... and I think even Robin would have come across as more of an intellectual than Jim.
He was but Burton also hated the idea of Robin.

Robin would have been good if given the right material. Hell, TLJ would have been killer if he wasn't trying to out-goof Jim.

I like Batman Forever the way it was. Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face and Robin Williams as the Riddler does nothing for me.

What I’d like to see is the original cut of Batman Forever before it was cut down into the theatrical version. That’s all.
I would also like to see the "Schumacher Cut" of Batman Forever. The people who got to see it at Kevin Smith's theater claimed it was a better film. Not entirely different, obviously, but better. Scenes were given time to breathe, Bruce's trauma (explored well in the novelization, barely on screen) is fleshed out, some scenes rearranged. Unless it required a ton of money from WB, I don't see the harm in putting out an alternate cut as a bonus feature on a disc or something.

I would also like to see the "Schumacher Cut" of Batman Forever. The people who got to see it at Kevin Smith's theater claimed it was a better film. Not entirely different, obviously, but better. Scenes were given time to breathe, Bruce's trauma (explored well in the novelization, barely on screen) is fleshed out, some scenes rearranged. Unless it required a ton of money from WB, I don't see the harm in putting out an alternate cut as a bonus feature on a disc or something.
A real shame , the film was better than it should have been due to the circumstances .
Val is a great Bruce and equally great Batman .
What I liked most he moved like a comic book Batman and not as wooden like Keaton .

I still like the theatrical version. The pacing is great and it’s the only Batman film that jumps right into Batman action. Within 10 mins, he’s hunting down Two-Face at the bank with superior fighting/action scenes. The Burton and Nolan films can’t say the same, in fact, they introduce their villains first, not counting ‘89.

But yeah, I’d love to see everything that was cut. The introduction with Arkham, Kilmer’s original introduction (with Jon Favreau), the whole red book/cave/the Bat subplot with Bruce Wayne’s actual three part arc, etc etc. it would be great to see in any capacity. You just know there is more footage than just the scenes that debuted at Kevin Smith’s theater too.

I still like the theatrical version.
Same.
As much as I’d love to see the Schumacher cut, I worry it might not have the same ‘punch’ that the theatrical version does. I love Batman Forever, and would of course love to see more scenes and more character developments. But if we never get to, I won’t be disappointed about it. The theatrical version hits just right for me in terms of pace and rewatchability.

Back