Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favreau is still visible in the final cut. He is there at Wayne Technology walking with Bruce in the lab when they meet Edward. The book is shown briefly in his funeral flashback but yes that sub-plot has been cut up so much for pacing

Personally I’m glad we got Forever over “Batman 3”. Returns was absolutely bizarre compared to 1989 - who knows what the next movie in that progression could’ve looked like. It’d be safe to assume Keaton would get sidelined even harder.

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy Returns for what it is, but it’s probably the least “enjoyable” of the lot - for me. It’s miserable and gross. Forever was a necessary return to form, although it definitely overcompensated with the campiness.

Favreau is still visible in the final cut. He is there at Wayne Technology walking with Bruce in the lab when they meet Edward. The book is shown briefly in his funeral flashback but yes that sub-plot has been cut up so much for pacing

Yeah but Favreau has dialogue in this unseen footage.

Wor, the original cut opened with Arkham Asylum. You know how it ends with Riddler in the padded cell? Well the original intro was Dent escaping. He gags a guard and hangs him from his cell when the Doctor, Rene Auberjonois comes in looking for him.

Then there is a whole introduction to Bruce Wayne. He’s introduced as a business mogul, speaking Japanese to close a deal overseas, talking with advisors like Favreau, etc. This cut makes Nygma’s obsession with Bruce Wayne creepier.

The whole plot of Batman’s journey was pretty much cut. It’s the reason the film is called Batman Forever. Originally, when Two-Face escapes the helicopter and Batman dives into the harbor, Batman/Bruce Wayne would begin to experience repressed memories. It’s triggered when Two-Face tells him that he’s a killer too. His parents murder, falling into the cave as a child (this was before Nolan and Snyder) and the giant, big, black bat. It’s why he goes to see Nicole Kidman in the first place. Turns out the reason he became Batman was because he blamed himself for their murders. On the night of his parents wake, he comes across Thomas Wayne’s journal. He reads it and finds out that his persistence to go to the theaters to see Zorro put his parents in harms way. When he reads this, he’s crushed and runs out into the night where he falls into the cave and comes across the bat. When Two-Face and Riddler raid Wayne Manor and Bruce gets shot in the head, Alfred forces him to go back down in the destroyed Batcave and return to the cave he fell into as a child to relive the trauma. Adult Bruce finds the Thomas Wayne journal, reads it and discovers that Thomas and Martha actually did want to go see the film, releasing Bruce of his guilt. He comes face to face with the same fever dream bat from his youth, but instead of running away like he did as a child, he embraces it. When he comes out of the cave and meets back up with Alfred, he was going to have his “I’m Batman” moment and the bats would swarm out of the cave, surrounding them. Again, this was 10 years before Batman Begins.

I guess I'm shellshocked from having seen the Bruce backstory so many times now that its hard to envision what it would have been like back in 1995. Seems like all that story would have just slowed the pace... as well as been a strange fit with the manic Carrey and TLJ running around in their colorful campiness.

Batman Forever is far from a 'good film' , but it would have only been slogged down by a deep and meaning story.

Hey Mars, I’d have paid an additional $100 if you included a third (or 4th head) and a handful of accessories like these Bruce Wayne riddles/love letters.

View attachment 709136
View attachment 709137View attachment 709138
View attachment 709139
View attachment 709140
View attachment 709141
View attachment 709142
View attachment 709143
View attachment 709144
WOW. those riddle accessories are incredible.
Something I never really thought about until a moment ago while looking at the Batman Forever - The Official Comic Adaptation and the Batman '89 (2021) comic series...

Batman Forever is listed as a sequel to Batman and Batman Returns, and while the actor playing Batman changes he's meant to be the same Batman.

However, Two-Face also changed since Harvey Dent was originally played by Billy Dee Williams. Not the sort of change you'd likely see occur in a movie series created in more recent times.

The 2021 Batman '89 series ignored Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, and reinstated Billy Dee Williams in the role:

View attachment 709504
Am I crazy for now wanting Mars to do '89 Billy Dee Williams and a '66 Clint Eastwood concept Two-Face figures... :ROFLMAO:

Updated sculpt with new hair:

tVBalFM.png

228iI4a.jpeg
e3ncf1E.jpeg

HixMgib.jpeg

w4KVFA8.jpeg

Ugh disappointing to see Mars have still not got this into production yet 😕

Seriously how much longer do we have to wait for this figure???!!
the figure was just announced. you likely wont be expecting this till early next year

I wouldn't think about it. makes time go by faster

Wow, that looks incredible. Between the updated hair and the potential for an updated suit, I bet this could easily be Mars’ best release to date - when it releases in a few years.

a dark pink/magenta would be such a great addition. definitely feeling the hype now at the prospect of them updating stuff
so glad they can hear feedback from collectors

Back