Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave should make 200X a cuss word on here so it doesn't show up when people type it.

oddly enough, i feel the same about the word vintage, though, were i day, i'd simply add a wordfilter so that whenever anyone uses the word vintage, it is replaced with the words " older, inferior, and crappy" so when someone says " I prefer the vintage version" It instead shows " i prefer my Old inferior and crappy version".

Might cut down on all the eliteism.

your sig area is too damn big, Lerath. i'm telling.

plus ToyGuru can't make up his mind. originally they said the anime look is retired. then they started giving us unique characters like marzo and said that they would only use unique characters from 200x. then they gave us a 200x whiplash head. now they got fans wanting 200x versions of every character that has been released already. we don't need a 200x he-man, skeletor, teela, evil-lyn, Adam, etc. but people seem to think that we are getting them.

Well, yeah the 200x boundaries are often bent by the 4H...
I think what Toyguru means is He-Man won't have many 200x references, no crazy hairstyles for the line... or excessive nuts and bolts and stylized proportions.
That's it...

Other than that Classics is MOTU as a whole...
I don't mind if there's a heavy 200x influence in accessories as long as we get kick-ass figures I'm good...
I was a bit bothered by Grizzlor, but this new face does the trick for me!

I grew up with the vintage, so I much more appreciate the original face representation over the 200X one, which in my book is the more inferior.

Guess it just depends on personal preference. There will never be 100% agreement on which is best. We come from different generations and likings.

what people aren't getting is that there is a difference between a Style, and a design.
What's retired is the Hyper detailed STYLE from the 200x, not the character DESIGNS from that series.

those DESIGNs are being done in the new STYLE that is Masters Classics.

what people aren't getting is that there is a difference between a Style, and a design.
What's retired is the Hyper detailed STYLE from the 200x, not the character DESIGNS from that series.

those DESIGNs are being done in the new STYLE that is Masters Classics.

True but only if the design can be made to fit in with the line or is cost effective. For instance take the look or design of Buzz-Off, the only head we are getting is the vintage one, no 200X head. I'm betting the 200X design simply didn't translate well.

I don't get why people want the figures in the 200X style, why don't they just buy the 200X figures???

True but only if the design can be made to fit in with the line or is cost effective. For instance take the look or design of Buzz-Off, the only head we are getting is the vintage one, no 200X head. I'm betting the 200X design simply didn't translate well.

Has Toyguru confirmed that we're only getting one headsculpt???... we didn't know about Grizzlor's until yesterday... :dunno

I don't get why people want the figures in the 200X style, why don't they just buy the 200X figures???

:cuckoo: Then why do Classics at all too? ... get the vintage ones instead...
What's wrong with getting the best of both worlds?
I love vintage MOTU and I love 200x MOTU too... a great example is Mer-Man, or Webstor...

becuase the articulation was terrible, even by the standards of the time period. And for me in particular, action features are ridiculous, and the proportions on alot of them just look odd. Personally, I LOVE the style of the classics figures. and beyond that, the design of the majority of the 200x figures fits quite well into the classics style. I'm guessing buzz-off, for whatever reason, was one of the exceptions.

Whiplash is a reverse example. his vintage style head looks like he should be fat with that huge neckbeard of a chin he's got.

Has Toyguru confirmed that we're only getting one headsculpt???... we didn't know about Grizzlor's until yesterday... :dunno

I love vintage MOTU and I love 200x MOTU too... a great example is Mer-Man, or Webstor...

yes,in Pixel Dan's tour video...I believe he stated one head....and Buzz-off has the correct and proper head anyways...so we dont need the 200x one :)

yes,in Pixel Dan's tour video...I believe he stated one head....and Buzz-off has the correct and proper head anyways...so we dont need the 200x one :)

Though he said the same about Grizzlor in the post SDCC Q&A, so we're Really at the whim of the horsemen on this.

I do. I won't be buying it if it only comes with one head, it looks absolutely terrible.

Again... I love me some vintage MOTU, but seriously...

BuzzOffMugShot.jpg
>
buzz00-close2.jpg

This head brings me tears of joy :monkey2

buzz00-close2.jpg

:exactly::exactly:

The vintage 80's figures don't compare to the new figure craftmanship of today, but the new figures can't compare to the nostalgia of the original figs. As long as the differences aren't too radical (like NA characters) and the representation captures the feel of the original figure I'm happy.

Because the vintage line is nearly 25 years old! The 200X stuff was still being made up until about 5 years ago. The classic designs are what got this line of the ground, it was an updated vintage He-Man that got people excited not a 200X one.
Don't get me wrong though I do like some of the 200X designs were appropriate or if it works. I personally don't think the Whiplash 200X head works as his body isn't the correct design.

becuase the articulation was terrible, even by the standards of the time period. And for me in particular, action features are ridiculous, and the proportions on alot of them just look odd. Personally, I LOVE the style of the classics figures. and beyond that, the design of the majority of the 200x figures fits quite well into the classics style. I'm guessing buzz-off, for whatever reason, was one of the exceptions.

Whiplash is a reverse example. his vintage style head looks like he should be fat with that huge neckbeard of a chin he's got.

I don't think the articulation was terrible, they were simply paying homage to the articulation on the vintage figures and though the articulation was hardly up there with Marvel Legends it was far from the worst at the time.
I disagree about Whiplash, I think the 200X head doesn't look right in this case. There is a fine balancing act to be done with these figures and it's not easy. Does Mattel simply give us the one definitive figure of the character or will they be forced to give us vintage and 200X renditions???

The vintage 80's figures don't compare to the new figure craftmanship of today, but the new figures can't compare to the nostalgia of the original figs. As long as the differences aren't too radical (like NA characters) and the representation captures the feel of the original figure I'm happy.

:exactly:

Back