Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if we arent getting that second Grizzlor face plate they may as well throw that stupid useless loin cloth in the garbage.

....the vintage figures are meant to be upgraded versions of the originals....:dunno

THANK YOU! let's move on people.

Maybe in 20 years Mattel can do a MOTU-200XClassics line, but for now this IS the MOTUClassics and it's the best toy/collectors line hands down.:exactly:

Well if we arent getting that second Grizzlor face plate they may as well throw that stupid useless loin cloth in the garbage.

as they should toss it...the 200x is over! if people want 200x so bad,go back and buy the figures from ebay or something.Heck,I cant even sell my lot of 25 figures for cheap price here.

We are getting 200x characters and re-done current 200x characters in time,but its been stated many times....Classic vintage style comes first as it should :)

there will be an updated 200x line someday. why do you think the suits put the kibosh down on the 200x accessories now? because they must realize there is a strong demand for it and they can make more money in the future if they make whole new figures.

I don't give a HOOT OR HANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

1982 or GO HOME TO YOUR MOMMA!!!!!!!!

That is the way they did it, that's the way America DOES IT!!!! and..................

It's worked out good pretty good so far!!!!

.. I'd argue with you, but who knows, ith all the back and forth TG is giving us, i'd not be suprised if come monday, they cut the line down to nothing but New adventures and She-ra, since the vintage style is also retired.

Just posted by toyguru

We're not saying there won't be second heads, just that we won't be doing a second head purely as a nod to the 200X design because that design/interpretation is retired.

We will still do lots of characters with a second head when there is a compelling reason to do so.

I agree with this...Buzz-off,Grizzlor,King Hiss dont need 200x heads for a vintage styled body

Why are you even collecting MOTU Classics? all your complaints make no sense....the vintage figures are meant to be upgraded versions of the originals....:dunno

Actually according to Toyguru at Mattel, "the line is about all things MOTU from all eras". That includes 200X, but everything is sculpted in the classic style rather than what they like to call anime (which they need to stop). Which is why we got Marzo, Zodak, alt head Moss-Mann, and will continue getting more 200X characters in the future.

But my point is that this line was sold as an amalgam of the 200x and classic styles. Updated versions of the old toys to todays standards. If they would have kept that fine, but look at Marzo and Carnivus and TELL ME they don't have more detail than the other figures. They look out of place. Going foward, this will become even more apparent. I dunno, I'm just pretty disgusted that what started as a fantastic line is getting micromanaged to hell now that it's popular. I mean, do we even still get the airbrushed shading we had on the figures at first? Say what you want about Hasbro, but at least their lines evolve in a similar manner and don't change on a figure by figure basis.

Just posted by toyguru

We're not saying there won't be second heads, just that we won't be doing a second head purely as a nod to the 200X design because that design/interpretation is retired.

We will still do lots of characters with a second head when there is a compelling reason to do so.

I agree with this...Buzz-off,Grizzlor,King Hiss dont need 200x heads for a vintage styled body

That i can agree with.

though those need their own bodies to go with them.

so, does this mean you all want mantenna to have only 2 legs, each sculpted to look like two apiece?

Here is your answer from toyguru,

The vintage figure had 4 legs, so the Classics figure certainly could. But they would be in "Classics" style, not 200X style.

Here we go, I'm ok with this.

Toyguru said:
The 200X style is retired. You will still see some elements of 200X design like Webstor's arms or characters like Carnivus, but you won't see heads specific to the 200X design like we did for Whiplash. That style is retired. All the figures will be in Classics style. So even 200X elements (like Webstor's arms) will be in "classics" style.

Here is your answer from toyguru,

The vintage figure had 4 legs, so the Classics figure certainly could. But they would be in "Classics" style, not 200X style.

Not
what i asked. i asked what EVERYONE else wanted who are touting the vintage design as the be all, end all.

But my point is that this line was sold as an amalgam of the 200x and classic styles. Updated versions of the old toys to todays standards. If they would have kept that fine, but look at Marzo and Carnivus and TELL ME they don't have more detail than the other figures. They look out of place. Going foward, this will become even more apparent. I dunno, I'm just pretty disgusted that what started as a fantastic line is getting micromanaged to hell now that it's popular. I mean, do we even still get the airbrushed shading we had on the figures at first? Say what you want about Hasbro, but at least their lines evolve in a similar manner and don't change on a figure by figure basis.

Marzo and Carnivous are just as detailed,if not more...not following you there....they are making 200x characters in the new "classics" style bucks

Back