Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not true...The Email I got,Grayskull starts shipping on Friday 11/22

Digital River just reads off the original order date of 12/11 and tells you that because that is what is says on their computer screen

Scott even confirmed they are test boxing up the castles and getting them ready to go out

You know what? When two heads of the same dog tell me different things, then I don't know what the truth is.

All I can be sure about is they're about to **** on my lawn. Again.

You know what? When two heads of the same dog tell me different things, then I don't know what the truth is.

All I can be sure about is they're about to **** on my lawn. Again.

:lol my answer to that is I'm done as subscriber

Keep in mind that Digital River and Digital River's shipping warehouse are two different things.

The knuckleheads at 1-877-Matty just read off the computer screen and tell you pretty much what you already know.

Sounds like Toyguru does keeps in touch with the actual warehouse

Toyguru stated this..

We just completed a test shipment in the new custom made shipping boxes and the tests all came back great with test castles arriving mint. Now we are sorting maps to combine with preorders and then they will start to get mailed out. We are super close now!

and

Be prepared for your castle to ship anytime between now and Jan 15.

shipping commences very soon if not on Friday as stated on matty facebook

Last edited:
I feel like I'm the only one reading this thread who's only waiting for February 17th to roll around.

While I still like seeing what is new with the line, I have to say that I am so glad I sold my entire collection and put collecting this line behind me. In fact my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

I mean I love MOTU, and have since I was a child, and I really liked the majority of the figures, but the pain and frustration associated with trying to collect this line finally just got too much for me earlier this year. I wasn't enjoying it, I was just continuing because I was so deep in it, but if you don't enjoy collecting then what is the point? So even though I had been collecting since day one, I decided to just cut the cord, and sell the lot (effectively stopping myself from ever being tempted back). And every new issue that pops up just reminds me why I truly don't miss collecting this stuff, no matter how cool some of it is. It also makes me wonder how many other hardcore fans Mattel and DR have managed to alienate or push away from collecting this line over the years.

Anyway I hope you all get your Castle orders sorted out and everyone gets what they wanted, but I don't envy you the headaches in getting that to happen.

It really is quite puzzling as to how the can mess up so easily like this.
It's like they look for ways to mess up. It's a system!!
How in the name of arse do you have system that doesn't keep data where it should?!

Yeah that Big Chief website works *really* well! :wink1:

"We are writing you to let you know that your pre-order for the Castle Grayskull playset did not successfully process, and we have had to put your castle on hold. "

No idea what that's about. My card is fine and the same one I always use.

Jesus Christ! :(

This is exactly what I got however the card I had used when the preorder went live for this has now expired. So I emailed back saying just use the up to date card you have on file for my subscription and it'll go though no problem. Next morning I get an email telling me they've cancelled my order WTF! I had already made the decision not to renew my subscription for next year, I'll just pick up what I need off eBay/secondary market. Things like this remind me I've made the right choice...

Last edited:
For those in europe, it's best to call after 7pm!

I am gonna wait a few days before calling as I called yesterday and yet this still happened.

Eamon can you help me to get in contact with Zombihamma? I really NEED a castle but I dont get any answer from him... :dunno

If he's not replying that means he isn't making them right now. He is an extremely busy guy and he will reply when he can.
Sorry I cannot be of more help

Yeah that Big Chief website works *really* well! :wink1:

Big Chief who make Dr.Who figures? Sorry but I don't understand?!

I just got an email stating my order was canceled!!!! ARG!

The below item has been cancelled from you order. The product is either no longer available or has been cancelled at your request:

Product Name Qty Ordered Reason for Cancellation
Castle Gray 1

gonna take them a few days to fix it.. i'llstart pannicing monday if i haven't gotten a new order by then.

Personaly, I'm still wondering why they tried to charge the order to it's order number, instead of my card.

I spoke with DR on the phone yesterday, and gave them the correct expiration date. Rather than using that info, they canceled the order? Very frustrating.

I called DR last week to change my card for Grayskull. They cancelled my initial order and setup a new order with the new payment information. I received two e-mails a few days later (almost simultaneously) confirming that my original order was cancelled and providing me with the new order number and information.

Great!
My order got cancelled too… :gah:
Seriously, this is just pathetic… When I called 2 days ago they told me it would take 2 days to get a confirmation e-mail… what do I get? A cancellation notice!
I just called and now they are telling me it will take 4 DAYS to update this… seriously? 4 DAYS?…

I place an order for a Castle on 10/22. Then, towards the end of the period, I placed a second order. Yesterday I was told there was a problem with the first order. I spent an hour on the phone trying to straighten that out.

This morning I got emails saying that BOTH of my orders have been canceled.

This afternoon I got an email about a new order for one Castle, and I'm getting charged higher shipping.

I'm not going to do anything until 4 business days have passed. But I find myself wondering, "Do I really want that second Castle badly enough?"
And also, "What if the Unknown One will be the last figure I buy from Matty?"

I'm so glad to be done with all things Mattycollector. Just need to sell my Spikor and maybe Sir Laser Lot. Got rid of everything else besides Voltron stuff, Skeletor, Draego Man and Mer-Man, which may be one of the most hilarious figures I've ever owned. I kind of want a granamyr and maybe a used He-Man at some point, but **** these guys, their high shipping costs and ever increasing figure prices and awful CS.

Also stupidly got the Watchmen subscription, immediately sold them all off, most at a small loss, the price of my poor decision. Just got the Ozymandias and can't wait to sell him too.

Back