Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well looking forward to Tung Lashor's reveal on Sunday.....Rumored figures for this year are also Double Trouble (double mischief),Ninjor,Lodar

The Unnamed One is interesting. My first reaction is that I don't like it but that's because they didn't really go the direction I was expecting them to. I will give it some time to sink in and make a final assessment when I have it in hand. I think the back story and mini comic will go a long way in helping me decide if I end up liking it or not.

So who are we going to see at NYTF on Sunday? I can't remember if they snuck anything into the case at NYCC last year that gave us a hint of what was going to be revealed.

Edit - So Tung Lashor, Ninjor, and Lodar are strong possibilities? I would love all of those. Also, I am hoping that there is a POP mini sub so I can skip it and hopefully it keeps some of them out of the regular subscription. That would be ideal for me.

The Unnamed One is interesting. My first reaction is that I don't like it but that's because they didn't really go the direction I was expecting them to. I will give it some time to sink in and make a final assessment when I have it in hand. I think the back story and mini comic will go a long way in helping me decide if I end up liking it or not.

So who are we going to see at NYTF on Sunday? I can't remember if they snuck anything into the case at NYCC last year that gave us a hint of what was going to be revealed.

Edit - So Tung Lashor, Ninjor, and Lodar are strong possibilities? I would love all of those. Also, I am hoping that there is a POP mini sub so I can skip it and hopefully it keeps some of them out of the regular subscription. That would be ideal for me.

They will probably do a Filmation/POP sub having some Filmation POP and Vintage POP together....If they do,I won't be buying it either.The only POP Filmation character I'd be interested in would be General Sunder.

We know Madam Razz is coming too as her broom was the last Sneak peak from Comickaze

Oh, that's right. Madam Razz and Broom. I forgot about that sneak peak at Comikaze. I don't mind some of the POP figures, but the ones I don't want have to be sold off at a loss and then I would be losing money for no reason if I signed up for a POP/Filmation sub.

Fair enough. Mermista is pretty sexy....but they never make these supposedly beautiful woman actually beatiful do they?!

My opinion on POP is well known and I have always said that merging them into one line would not work and it hasn't. All the POP figures are aestetiaclly very different from MOTU.
MOTU was created so little boys could do battle. POP was created for girls to comb and make lovely. Regardless of the toons, these are very different toy lines.

All POP figures should be made to fit in with MOTU. ie give them weapons and not flippen combs...or axe combs...which was funny for like 5 mins.

A good example is Frosta. Arguably the prettiest of the POP girls, she is a flippen Ice Queen and yet look at what we got.
She would've had ice armour with more aggressive shapes that still keep her original design and you give her an ice weapon like a lance or sword as apposed to the Wind Mill thing.
We get a tentacle warrior woman with Octavia and on paper that sounds great. Tentacle warrior ***** beast with loads of swords...and yet look a what we got.

POP is just not good enough in it's existing state in my opinion and I resent spending so much on what are I think weak figures.

Fair enough. Mermista is pretty sexy....but they never make these supposedly beautiful woman actually beatiful do they?!

My opinion on POP is well known and I have always said that merging them into one line would not work and it hasn't. All the POP figures are aestetiaclly very different from MOTU.
MOTU was created so little boys could do battle. POP was created for girls to comb and make lovely. Regardless of the toons, these are very different toy lines.

All POP figures should be made to fit in with MOTU. ie give them weapons and not flippen combs...or axe combs...which was funny for like 5 mins.

A good example is Frosta. Arguably the prettiest of the POP girls, she is a flippen Ice Queen and yet look at what we got.
She would've had ice armour with more aggressive shapes that still keep her original design and you give her an ice weapon like a lance or sword as apposed to the Wind Mill thing.
We get a tentacle warrior woman with Octavia and on paper that sounds great. Tentacle warrior ***** beast with loads of swords...and yet look a what we got.

POP is just not good enough in it's existing state in my opinion and I resent spending so much on what are I think weak figures.

I agree,that is why I wish POP was sold seperately or got their own Sub....MOTU is not POP and it shouldn't be mixed together.I had no interest in Girly looking toys as a kid and still don't now.I also don't care what folks says about the Horde "supposedly" being made for POP but rather they threw them in the Filmation cartoon to give She-ra some villains....where did the Horde show up first? uh yeah that's right- Masters of the Universe...the figures were not even compatible with POP at all...

I just can't keep giving Mattel $40 anymore for their girl toys

Madame razz will be revealed and a new sub is coming...lots of reveals

Thought you guys would like to see some badassary from Emiliano. He clearly likes them statues.

He-Man+colors.jpg

Teela+art.jpg

That Teela pic is amazing, the gold pops so much :thud: Really looking forward to the new reveals, haven't got a new motuc since Horde troopers/Mantenna (signed up for the quarterly sub after spending last year as a dreaded cherry picker!)

Madame Razz, sweet. (Yeah, I said it!)

Looking forward to more reveals...

There is no other line of 6 inch action figures this extensive out there and most importantly, without any media what so ever. They are making GI Joe movies...

Er, yeah, I guess. Not sure those movies "count", speaking as a Joe fan.

Not that I disagree with you - and leaving media aside - what about Marvel Legends? Or the DC line?

hopefully she is not in the main sub so I don't have to buy her

if their doing a mix of POP/Filmation sub,she can be in that one

I'd be fine with that. I got the Filmation sub last time and enjoyed it, and I like the She-Ra characters. I'm no PoP fanboy or anything, but I appreciate that they're in the same continuity, at least.

I'd much rather have them than NA stuff... or even 200X figures, which I also like.

I'm not a big fan of the made-up/concept stuff, though... Though I'm starting to wonder if "He-Ro son of He-Man" is Scott's future plans for the brand after Classics is over and done with. If so, I might be cool with it, despite there being a LOT of stuff I don't like about it, so far. But still, if that's the future, it's better than no future, I suppose... Especially if it acknowledges the old series, rather than trying to reinvent it (again).

Getting off topic really quick! The sub exclusive, in my honest opinion, will look fantastic beside Skeletor. I'm still kinda excited.
Though with all the awesome random speculation i'm a bit let down. Was expecting something with 2 legs haha

And All of these new statues coming.. HOLY COW! I'm really excited for them! They look amazing. Especially the Teela one.
I'd love to get that art print shown above, signed, framed, and placed right about the actual statue!

Back