Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No more than all the rest of those POP pieces. Sorry, it wasn't Filmation design at it's best... nothing would be able to redeem them.

The Vintage POP are terrible! and exactly what they are...GIRLS DOLLS TOYS made for girls....I don't understand the obsession from male collectors for a girls toy line that really is separate from MOTU

you're easy to please...she looks like Filmation,but her design is crap
Her design is wonky. But so is derp man and mu-pet. I mean fang man, and awful, err claw full :lol

Still, looks more or less on model.
as I said before, I'll support and sub with this line till it dies.

Mystic legions needs to be 6inch scale.. So they can be posed with the motuc figures!

The Horseman are open to 6" scale...they want to hear from fans about that..they do need to be in the 6" scale,their fantastic Bird line are

Her design is wonky. But so is derp man and mu-pet. I mean fang man, and awful, err claw full :lol

Still, looks more or less on model.
as I said before, I'll support and sub with this line till it dies.

Fangman is like He-Man compared to Madame Razz....

There's another layer of difference here that emphasizes how seperate the two really are. POP (aside from the Horde) has a very bargain basement Disney feel to their designs and a definite departure from the sci-fi/fantasy element present in the rest of MOTU. That's why every single one of the "good" girls have more in common with Disney princesses than anything remotely Teela. There are people who genuinely like both, but those folks are too few and far between to create an all encompassing line for (i.e. the "completionist" crowd). With the end of the line immanent, we see just how far back Scott and crew are from completing anything resembling a full GR roster after a few years of promising to bring out only A-listers. Newsflash to POP fans: TG is using your property as filler inbetween the real MOTU vintage releases.

Lol fair enough, but he is derptastic. LOVE the fantasy figures. And the dwarves! How do I tell the horse ent to make them in 6 inch scale?

i wanna know too btw do or will these figures have articulation or are they stuck in their poses?

There's another layer of difference here that emphasizes how seperate the two really are. POP (aside from the Horde) has a very bargain basement Disney feel to their designs and a definite departure from the sci-fi/fantasy element present in the rest of MOTU. That's why every single one of the "good" girls have more in common with Disney princesses than anything remotely Teela. There are people who genuinely like both, but those folks are too few and far between to create an all encompassing line for (i.e. the "completionist" crowd). With the end of the line immanent, we see just how far back Scott and crew are from completing anything resembling a full GR roster after a few years of promising to bring out only A-listers. Newsflash to POP fans: TG is using your property as filler inbetween the real MOTU vintage releases.

Meh.

I'm not sure I disagree with what you're saying, really, but I don't know if I fully agree, either. Just going by my personal preference - and I'm not what you'd call a PoP fan - I think they fit in just fine, even if I agree with your Disney comparison.

pretty good analysis....never thought about the Disney comparison....and it's true,POP are the (unwanted) filler's in this line

Meh.

I'm not sure I disagree with what you're saying, really, but I don't know if I fully agree, either. Just going by my personal preference - and I'm not what you'd call a PoP fan - I think they fit in just fine, even if I agree with your Disney comparison.

The ultimate trump card here is the 4H isn't it? I could certainly understand people going for it on the strength of their work alone, but the gulf is too great for me. I'd like to see a true 4H interpretation of them so they'd resemble something more sci-fi/amazon than a Rainbow Brite cheerleading squad.

Back