Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I'm very excited for the reveals. And when I say excited, I really mean very relieved that I will get through MOTUC without having to buy Madam Razz and a few of the other POP girls I really didn't want. So loving Club Etheria right now, though probably not for the reason Scott and Mattel would like. Entrapta looks kind of cool though so I may pick her up if the stars align properly. Now I am very happy to see Rio Blast coming this year. Though again, might be bad news for Mattel as its just one less figure to entice me to get a sub next year. Right now, I would say that if Tung Lashor is revealed for this year it will take an epic SDCC showcase for me to sub up again for 2015.

Oh I am so glad I'm not gonna be forced into buying Madame Razz and those other female PoP figures as part of the main sub. Now if only that girl with the butterfly wings could be moved into the Etheria sub.

Also, Mattel is out of its mind if it thinks Kowl and Lookee are worth $20.

Well, well. They said it couldn't be done. Should have been split from the beginning, but this has to be good news for the POP fans.

I don't know about that though. I think $20 is reasonable for the two of them. $10 each in a non retail line seems about right to me. I really want that Kowl, but wouldn't use Lookee for manure filler.
I might be tempted to spend the money for what is to me, essentially just Kowl; but Mattel IS out of their minds if they think I will actually hunt their website trying to pick him up like they had people doing with the Spirit of Hordak figure. I have never in my life seen a company and website so against me spending my money on their products it makes me doubt my own sanity that I still buy stuff from them when they allow me to.

Well, well. They said it couldn't be done. Should have been split from the beginning, but this has to be good news for the POP fans.

I think it really is win-win for everyone. Pop fans get closer to complete their collections and everyone else now has the option of getting them or not. For me personally, I have always been terrified of getting stuck with Madam Razz and Sweet Bee in particular, now I know for sure that I dodged them. Today, Scott and Mattel have made me very happy.

Neet... First thing I thought of upon seeing light hope was golden god skeletor.

Yup, me too.

Oh I am so glad I'm not gonna be forced into buying Madame Razz and those other female PoP figures as part of the main sub. Now if only that girl with the butterfly wings could be moved into the Etheria sub.

Also, Mattel is out of its mind if it thinks Kowl and Lookee are worth $20.

Maybe, but I'm just pissed it's a "chase figure". More Spirit of Hordak type nonsense?

Mind you, I could have picked that up if I wanted to, but I'm not always going to be around a computer to check these... And $20 or not, I do want them.

I am really late to the party! :lol
I'm glad POP got a separate sub! I can avoid it like the plague!!!
:horror

RioBlast_04.jpg

Rio Blast is OK, not my favorite MOTU character… but looks cool!

The 12" Skelly is a must! Too cool!!

Eldor_Book.jpg

Was that small book hint Eldor's?

Just read that the original 8 back figures will be released as 12" figures at a price of at least $70 each. They'll be solid plastic and will include the twist and punch feature. Super excited to hear that they'll be solid plastic unlike GG's Star Wars figures. Not sure if Mattel is gonna expand beyond the original 8. I hope sales do well enough that they do continue the line and figures like Man-E-Faces and Trap Jaw get a chance.

For those unsure, the original 8 consisted of He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Zodac, Stratos, Skeletor, Beast Man & Mer-Man.

Just read that the original 8 back figures will be released as 12" figures at a price of at least $70 each. They'll be solid plastic and will include the twist and punch feature. Super excited to hear that they'll be solid plastic unlike GG's Star Wars figures. Not sure if Mattel is gonna expand beyond the original 8. I hope sales do well enough that they do continue the line and figures like Man-E-Faces and Trap Jaw get a chance.

For those unsure, the original 8 consisted of He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Teela, Zodac, Stratos, Skeletor, Beast Man & Mer-Man.

Just watched Pixel Dan's walkthrough and those 12" figures aren't planned right now. They just showed the prototype to gauge interest from the fans and see how much they would be willing to pay for the concept. Scott only said if they did end up producing them he didn't envision much more than the original 8 back figures being done initially. None of what you read is by any means concrete.

Just watched Pixel Dan's walkthrough and those 12" figures aren't planned right now. They just showed the prototype to gauge interest from the fans and see how much they would be willing to pay for the concept. Scott only said if they did end up producing them he didn't envision much more than the original 8 back figures being done initially. None of what you read is by any means concrete.

I know nothing is concrete and that it's pretty much up to demand and how much fans are willing to pay. I'm hoping it goes through.

Rio Blast is one of my all time favs and I am loving it.

The only other thing to really grab my attention was the giant retro figures.
If the one or two here might remember, these were something I suggested to Toy Guru on Roast Gooble Dinner some time a go and on more than one occasion. I actually said Gentle Giant styled vintage MOTU. Not saying they wouldn't have done them anyway but this wouldn't be the first time something an idea if mine has ended up a reality. Sound cocky I realise but there ya go.

I am really late to the party! :lol
I'm glad POP got a separate sub! I can avoid it like the plague!!!
:horror

RioBlast_04.jpg

Rio Blast is OK, not my favorite MOTU character… but looks cool!

The 12" Skelly is a must! Too cool!!

Eldor_Book.jpg

Was that small book hint Eldor's?

It is Eldor's book and he is the October figure....if you save the matty photo is says "Eldor_Book.jpg" try replying to your own quote,it even says it right there

I know nothing is concrete and that it's pretty much up to demand and how much fans are willing to pay. I'm hoping it goes through.

Fair enough. I just thought your post made it sound like it was a for sure thing and wanted to deflate any expectations you might have had. I had read something similar elsewhere and am a little concerned how easily misinformation can be spread. But whatever, I guess that's the internets for you. :dunno :peace

I just found out that the large retro figures, which I will say again, was my idea yo, will not be rotocast but full figures with twist waste action and be on original styled card backs!

These will be flippen cool. All we need is the original 8 back characters.

Back