Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
either way they didn't re-sculpt them....they just copied them and used olds parts to be tooled

They made new moulds from the old figures as they lost the original moulds, some things needed resculpting. The amount of work involved is essentially redoing them again. If you compare the vintage to the commemorative you will see some details have been translated differently which indicates that some things needed resculpting in to the whole figure in some case. The heads for instance look like they are copied from the originals but some body parts, though very similar are newly sculpted.

It's my expectation based on the fact that nothing from Matty Collector for Masters of the Universe has been offered at retail since it started up. The only crossover we saw was the TRU 2-packs and those didn't last very long. I can't really see Diamond Comics or TRU distributing something like this, but I would like to be wrong. If they are offered through Diamond you can always preorder them for a nice discount. If they're available on Matty Collecter they will be full price.

I see what you are saying but I can see these in collector stores given their more wider pop culture appeal what with being retro an all.

Last edited:
I like the idea of upsized retro figures. It's not really my thing but I'd probably pick up a He-Man at least, and a GG Luke Skywalker to go with him... Then I'd only need a Duke... Frame 'em somehow to hang side by side. :)

i mean just let matty piss away their money making items like that, based off someone's idea who complains on everything they do about their current line, those guys are smart as hell, pfft im sure the 12 inch vintage figures will be on clearance moments after being released.

i mean just let matty piss away their money making items like that, based off someone's idea who complains on everything they do about their current line, those guys are smart as hell, pfft im sure the 12 inch vintage figures will be on clearance moments after being released.

Well the idea came from me and I sure as hell don't complain about everything. I think you;ll find I say more positive than negative.

I also think you are wrong about how well they will sell given what i have already said about them.

Well the idea came from me and I sure as hell don't complain about everything. I think you;ll find I say more positive than negative.

I also think you are wrong about how well they will sell given what i have already said about them.

Hey, come on now Eamon, that analysis was sound. Mattel should recruit this guy...

Starting now I think that counting the amount of times that Eamon is going to claim that Matty copying Gentle Giant was "his idea" could make a fun drinking game. Who's with me? :D ;)

Hey, come on now Eamon, that analysis was sound. Mattel should recruit this guy...

How so or are you being sarcastic?

Starting now I think that counting the amount of times that Eamon is going to claim that Matty copying Gentle Giant was "his idea" could make a fun drinking game. Who's with me? :D ;)

There's no claim dude, it was my idea. But I understand it's easier to be a dick about stuff around here rather than say, 'nice one dude'!

*throws one back* :D

I'm sure all toy companies took notice when GG released the retro 12 inch figures. I find it hard to believe that it never occurred to Mattel until you brought it up. We're seeing retro figures all over the place. Of course if Mattel gives you credit then I promise I absolutely will offer you a sincere "nice one dude!"

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go suggest to Hasbro that they consider making SW figures for the new movie due out next year. ;)

*throws one back* :D

I'm sure all toy companies took notice when GG released the retro 12 inch figures. I find it hard to believe that it never occurred to Mattel until you brought it up. We're seeing retro figures all over the place. Of course if Mattel gives you credit then I promise I absolutely will offer you a sincere "nice one dude!"

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go suggest to Hasbro that they consider making SW figures for the new movie due out next year. ;)

You might want to check my credentials dude. FYI, I design toys...sometimes for Hasbro. My Mattel NDA is sat here in front of me.
Drink on man. Make sure you drive home. ;)

Well then you're welcome regarding my idea about Episode VII SW figures then. ;)

Sorry to dissapoint you that I am not just a random fanboy you can so readily dump on instead of being an artist and toy designer.

And I see that you are a moderator. Shouldn't you at least try to be less of a dick?

Sorry to dissapoint you that I am not just a random fanboy you can so readily dump on instead of being an artist and toy designer.

And I see that you are a moderator. Shouldn't you at least try to be less of a dick?

What's with the namecalling? You really that easily rattled about upcoming toys? I have no idea whether Mattel really listened to you or not, I'm guessing they didn't but what do you care? I just thought "oh here we go" and had a bit of a chuckle when you mentioned like three times in two pages that it was all you. If it was, great, if not, so what.

Re: New He-Man, Beast Man figures...

You might want to check my credentials dude. FYI, I design toys...sometimes for Hasbro. My Mattel NDA is sat here in front of me.
Drink on man. Make sure you drive home. ;)

Eamon what toys have you designed? curious about that

Am I right in thinking that if this sub doesn't go ahead, these POP figures will be put into Club Eternia next year? ie. we cannot avoid the POP?

Scott said if the POP Sub doesn't go through that they would lump all those figures into the 1st 6 months of 2015 :horror.....If the 2015 sub doesn't go through,the figures revealed at SDCC will go quarterly....

What's with the namecalling? You really that easily rattled about upcoming toys? I have no idea whether Mattel really listened to you or not, I'm guessing they didn't but what do you care? I just thought "oh here we go" and had a bit of a chuckle when you mentioned like three times in two pages that it was all you. If it was, great, if not, so what.

Yes, exactly, you don't know. But that didn't stop you from suggesting I was talking out my arse did it?! But act all surprised when I don't like it.

Re: New He-Man, Beast Man figures...

Eamon what toys have you designed? curious about that

I've done work for Transformers, Blythe, GI Joe and Jem. I have also designed statues for various companies. Right now I am hard at work on a new 1:6 scale action figure line as well as new 6" line for two different companies respectfully and something MOTU related.

Scott said if the POP Sub doesn't go through that they would lump all those figures into the 1st 6 months of 2015 :horror.....If the 2015 sub doesn't go through,the figures revealed at SDCC will go quarterly....

Ok so we cannot in fact avoid those POP figures?! Jayzuz! :(

Last edited:
Yes, exactly, you don't know. But that didn't stop you from suggesting I was talking out my arse did it?! But act all surprised when I don't like it.

Nope, I don't know. But what I did notice was that you were gearing up to make the claim every five seconds. That's what I thought was funny. If it really is offensive to you I'm fine with dropping it. Unless Mattel gives you credit that's all it is, a claim, nothing more. I'm not sure why you think that recognizing that is so out of line.

Nope, I don't know. But what I did notice was that you were gearing up to make the claim every five seconds. That's what I thought was funny. If it really is offensive to you I'm fine with dropping it. Unless Mattel gives you credit that's all it is, a claim, nothing more. I'm not sure why you think that recognizing that is so out of line.

I mentioned it twice dude, don't exadurate. I underlined it the second time as I of course wanted you guys to notice. We all like our ego stroked once in a while I am not ashamed to say. shocking I know.
Not looking for a credit at all either Why? Because you don't ever get a credit when working for toy companies, especially Mattel who are even more strict than Hasbro. Besides for anyone paying attention, two words, Green Goddess, we have discussed it before here already some time back.

I am simply delighted my ideas was used (and not for the first time either) and I wanted you guys to notice as one of your own made suggestion to Scott that was actually listened to.

This has clearly rubbed you and others up the wrong way which I think says a lot.

Back